Fire Emblem If Revelations missing

Plue

I installed the JP special edition of fates on my hacked 3DS along with the DLC but when I boot it up there is nothing at all. Does anyone know if the special edition came with revelations at launch in Japan ? Also the DLC CIA file I installed does not work because when I visit the dragon's gate it doesn't recognize anything at all. Please I need to know because no one on the subreddit replied at all

Edited by Plue

1 hour ago, Plue said:

I installed the JP special edition of fates on my hacked 3DS along with the DLC but when I boot it up there is nothing at all. Does anyone know if the special edition came with revelations at launch in Japan ? Also the DLC CIA file I installed does not work because when I visit the dragon's gate it doesn't recognize anything at all. Please I need to know because no one on the subreddit replied at all

By the looks of it JP Special edition did not have Rev on the cart and came with a code for it, so chances are it was treated as DLC.

I can't help with the cia file personally as I don't have the experience, but I think there's talk on the forums where people have asked for help with it.

I just did this myself a couple months ago. If/Fates seeing a big resurgence I guess, haha.

The Revelations path is most likely on the DLC cia you have. However the DLC's region needs to be changed to be recognized by your 3DS. This is pretty simple as long as your homebrew includes Luma3DS. I used this guide here:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki/Enabling-DLC

3 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

I just did this myself a couple months ago. If/Fates seeing a big resurgence I guess, haha.

The Revelations path is most likely on the DLC cia you have. However the DLC's region needs to be changed to be recognized by your 3DS. This is pretty simple as long as your homebrew includes Luma3DS. I used this guide here:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki/Enabling-DLC

Do I have to reinstall If and the DLC cia file again ? I followed the instructions but only for holding the select button and then the power button and then enabled patching.

24 minutes ago, Plue said:

Do I have to reinstall If and the DLC cia file again ? I followed the instructions but only for holding the select button and then the power button and then enabled patching.

No, in fact this guide takes you through changing the locale on already-installed cias. They're probably not corrupted or anything like that, the DLC just needs the locale.txt file in the right spot on your SD card.

15 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

No, in fact this guide takes you through changing the locale on already-installed cias. They're probably not corrupted or anything like that, the DLC just needs the locale.txt file in the right spot on your SD card.

Holy shit, it actually worked thank you so much I really appreciate it

• 1 year later...

For some reason my game wont read the dlc despite me following the steps. is there anything extra i could have missed? i just dont really understand whats wrong with it. it could be because i have both Fates and If on the same 3ds but i doubt that would cause any problems right????