Survey (really no offense meant): battalion endurance mechanism

On my another topic on dodge tanks, some people mentioned not liking the Battalion skills because of setup.

Which is totally fine. I can understand this. I don't like setting them up too many times either.

But at one point, certain user said "there is no guarantee to make Battalion exactly 1/3 endurance", and it makes me wonder: how many people is unwilling to use Battalion skill because of (happen to) not knowing the fact that setting up exactly 1/3 endurance is guaranteed by this game's mechanism?

No intention to be offensive or condescending, just curious and want to make sure all the theory-crafting people are on the same page (and I would certainly think asking this would be arrogant had not some user said too many blatantly wrong stuff about gaming mechanism out of thin air, because I already assumed active users of this board at this time should be long-term veterans).

Edited by RaIsMyPet
add emphasis

1 hour ago, RaIsMyPet said:

No intention to be offensive or condescending, just curious and want to make sure all the theory-crafting people are on the same page (and I would certainly think asking this would be arrogant had not some user said too many blatantly wrong stuff about gaming mechanism out of thin air, because I already assumed active users of this board at this time should be long-term veterans).

You seem to have no problem with being arrogant and condescending. See: the statement that I just quoted back there.

...Anyways, my issue with battalion abilities is that aside from Dimitri, because BV/BW is clearly in a class all its own, they're hard to justify running without making my build worse overall. Aside from Battalion Renewal, which is useless due to the whole thing being counter-intuitive, Battalion Desperation is also pretty bad because in the context of Maddening, enemy speed is inflated to the point where even the fastest units need help to get to doubling thresholds, and regular Desperation is bad anyway.

Edited by Shadow Mir

52 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

To be fair, this game is LOADED with mechanics that are easy to misunderstand or forget about.

Yeah, I didn't really understand Battalions gave stat boosts until my latest playthrough of Blue Lions lol.

Previously, I played the game in handheld mode. My  vision is really bad, so I had a really hard time seeing what Battalions even did. I would just choose the ones with the best AOEs & ignore the rest outside of maybe one stride user.

I also didn't understand how Adjutants worked until recently either, outside of just being free EXP for units I don't really wanna use atm.

I didn't realize skills could be attained from online adjutants until recently either. I know the game has hints that explain this stuff, but again the small size of the text made it really hard to see in handheld mode.

1 hour ago, wissenschaft said:

To be fair, this game is LOADED with mechanics that are easy to misunderstand or forget about.

8 minutes ago, 5PointGordin said:

Yeah, I didn't really understand Battalions gave stat boosts until my latest playthrough of Blue Lions lol.

Previously, I played the game in handheld mode. My  vision is really bad, so I had a really hard time seeing what Battalions even did. I would just choose the ones with the best AOEs & ignore the rest outside of maybe one stride user.

I also didn't understand how Adjutants worked until recently either, outside of just being free EXP for units I don't really wanna use atm.

I didn't realize skills could be attained from online adjutants until recently either. I know the game has hints that explain this stuff, but again the small size of the text made it really hard to see in handheld mode.

While we're talking about battalions, on my first run, it took realizing that flying units can only use flying battalions for me to realize that raising authority is something I needed to take seriously. And i most definitely do agree that this game has a lot of mechanics that aren't explained well enough.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I don't have an issue with the topic.  I have an issue with the passive-aggressive digs in the second paragraph.  I'll allow you to remake this topic without them.  If you have an issue with someone, work it out.  Don't be an ass about it.