Time For Tom - Thomas and Jake's Excellent Adventure [FE1 Hack] (COMPLETE)

Polinym

Why make a Fire Emblem hack in FEBuilderGBA when you can build it on the NES instead?

Time For Tom is apparently the world's first complete Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light hack! This is a 18-chapter new story featuring a great number of improvements to bring the oldest backwards FE game up-to-date. A full list of differences from the original can be found in the readme, but noteworthy improvements include:

• Weapon Triangle
  • New weapons/items
  • Hunters and Generals can promote
  • Magical attacks use the Magic/Strength stat
  • The protagonist always has access to the convoy; storing items is free
  • Updated overworld sprites and portraits
  • Units have Resistance and Resistance growth rates
  • Stats now cap at 50, and damage caps at 99

The Akaneian archer Thomas, and his buddy Jake, find a forgotten Time Orb which they plan to use to prevent the War of Darkness and stop Hardin from receiving the Dark Orb. Unfortunately, they have no idea how to use it! So, they travel through some other games in the series on the way.. How will they right the wrongs of history?

Play as some of the most popular characters in the Fire Emblem series, like Glade, Roger, Alba, Morzas, Samto, Claude, and more!

Download link: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6827/

time-38.png.9e1eaf951be80b60f10a4d070e067540.pngnews1.png.11fb64c4b1154b583a9b861dcd39a7d9.pngtime-40.png.a8023fe9b57be4836487ada117e91131.png

img3.png.c6dae2c0c0a02aa19cd8e243052877e4.pngimg2.png.9118024450b477a256c66e3b877c263c.pngimg1.png.eca38f5ca189304ff4161bfa31426a7d.png

time-43.png.7983e2db7c3205ce2234672245f707d5.pngtime-42.png.3922cd424a436fb2a3c04848e51ab5a7.pngtime-41.png.7b3306152b49c1a3bc677e5481002981.png

time-44.png.79a66129a651d3a15e26287e9bf53a96.pngtime-32.png.e56066a93afacf15941cbac17228d744.pngnews2.png.f28e9cc90429a401f2af0a8f78696902.png

A guide for which units can recruit someone in each chapter is included with the zip.

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Edited by Polinym
Changed link

15 minutes ago, Polinym said:

Play as some of the most popular characters in the Fire Emblem series, like Glade, Roger, Alba, Morzas, Samto, Claude, and more!

Oh wow. Those characters are all so popular XD Who is Alba though? One of Lachesis's knights?

This actually seems like a lot of fun. I'll download it, don't know when I'll get to playing it, but I will eventually if it's on my computer.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. Those characters are all so popular XD Who is Alba though? One of Lachesis's knights?

Alba is one of the knights that accompanies Fin in Thracia.

Spoiler

alba.png.05ea1e8c8efc00fc0a0240e786bf1434.pngtime-45.png.258658f5bdf0994dae4f5ab3fe1374f3.png

6 hours ago, Polinym said:

Alba is one of the knights that accompanies Fin in Thracia.

Hide contents

alba.png.05ea1e8c8efc00fc0a0240e786bf1434.pngtime-45.png.258658f5bdf0994dae4f5ab3fe1374f3.png

Ah yes. One of Selphina's crew who lack a single line of dialgue that isn't "Ahh, I'm dying" or "Hey, I'm escaping".

The Vahi is a bow unique to Thomas. It's basically a rapier for archers. It gets bonus damage against Armor Knights and Social Knights in addition to fliers. It's also got a slightly higher Might and crit rate.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Could you post unit growths somewhere? I'm curious about them to help me choose what units to use.

That information is secret. It's part of the fun! 🙂

I tried to give every unit in the game at least decent growths, unlike the original. The only character with deliberately poor growths is Morodof, as he's your Jeigan.

The first house in chapter 4 just says "thracia house 1", same with the second one.

Also, In chapter 5 killer bow and Lance cost nothing, that is not intended, right?

So far it's pretty good, though glitchy at points like when Samto stoped functioning, his sprite was there but the game acted as if he was dead, it happened when i attacked the enemy in the castle in chapter 4. Another glitch was enemy Bishop attacking my units even though he had no weapons which caused the game to freakout and kill my unit in the process, it only happened to the characters with 2 range weapon equipped.

The convoy is even worse than in  original game, since Tom is the only one who can use it, managing items is a nightmare, i had to give items to him and manually give them away to appropriate characters.

Edited by Garchomp47

9 hours ago, Garchomp47 said:

The first house in chapter 4 just says "thracia house 1", same with the second one.

Also, In chapter 5 killer bow and Lance cost nothing, that is not intended, right?

So far it's pretty good, though glitchy at points like when Samto stoped functioning, his sprite was there but the game acted as if he was dead, it happened when i attacked the enemy in the castle in chapter 4. Another glitch was enemy Bishop attacking my units even though he had no weapons which caused the game to freakout and kill my unit in the process, it only happened to the characters with 2 range weapon equipped.

The convoy is even worse than in  original game, since Tom is the only one who can use it, managing items is a nightmare, i had to give items to him and manually give them away to appropriate characters.

I filled in the text for the two Chapter 4 houses in a recent update, among many other things. Also, all characters get access to the convoy in that version. I'm not sure about what happened to Samto, though. Perhaps try downloading the latest version from RHDN and see if that's better...?

I'll have to go add prices for those weapons when I get the chance.

22 hours ago, Polinym said:

I filled in the text for the two Chapter 4 houses in a recent update, among many other things. Also, all characters get access to the convoy in that version. I'm not sure about what happened to Samto, though. Perhaps try downloading the latest version from RHDN and see if that's better...?

I'll have to go add prices for those weapons when I get the chance.

I have downloaded the newest version and still got that Samto bug but with Salem. I still can't figure out what causes it. Same chapter.

So i replayed the chapter and it didn't happen, thank God.

Edited by Garchomp47

• 2 months later...

I keep encountering a glitch where Roger dies when engaging a healer from low HP. What is causing this?

Edit: I just now had Samto attack the Lopt. Bishop at the start of chapter 4, and he also died!

Time for Tom_002.png

Time for Tom_001.png

Edited by Lord Louie

7 hours ago, Lord Louie said:

I keep encountering a glitch where Roger dies when engaging a healer from low HP. What is causing this?

Edit: I just now had Samto attack the Lopt. Bishop at the start of chapter 4, and he also died!

This bug's been happening for a long time now, and I've been pretty lost as to why. My current theory's that staves are being considered weapons somehow and are allowed to attack without any animation. I'll have to investigate. In the meantime, I suggest you only have units with Resistance to fight healers or try for a one-shot.

• 10 months later...

I'm not sure if intended but

Spoiler

I beat the last 3 chapters by warp skipping but, in the last chapter after I beat the chapter it's just Kiran laughing, is this intended or did i just forget something and get a "bad end"?

If it is its still a great hack and I'm a sucker nes and snes fire emblem hacks

Edited by weezyoutahere

Yup, that's intended. Didn't know at the time how to trigger the credits sequence in code, so I just had the game end with an endless loop. Maybe someday I'll go back and add a proper credits.