Which forgotten Nintendo IP deserves a new game?

PostZordem

Which forgotten Nintendo IP deserves a new game?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these 5 Nintendo IPs, which one deserves a new addition to the series?

• F-Zero
    • Earthbound/Mother
    • Wario Land
    • Punch Out!
    • Star Fox
    • Other/Not Listed (Comment below!)

Interesting ideas! Wario and Waluigi certainly are the types to con people out of their coins.

Funnily enough, I had ideas for Wario appearing in a Paper Mario game, either a remake of TTYD or in a brand new Paper Mario, where you'd fight him multiple times over the course of the game and, after the initial battle, he shows up with a new partner, mirroring how Mario gathers allies on his adventure. Wario would be fought in between chapters, starting between Chapters 1 and 2 and proceeding all the way up to 7 and 8 with perhaps a postgame battle as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so hear me out: Tomato Adventure, one of AlphaDream's earlier attempts at the Mario & Luigi gameplay style.

Of course, it would require a new studio since AlphaDream is dead (maybe WayForward)?

• 1 month later...

Now that I think about it, while this doen't really answer the question, I'd like to see Itoi-san make a new IP series. I was going to say Earthbound, but Itoi-san made it clear of his intention to end at Mother 3. Come to think about it, I really liked how Eagleland had this nostalgic Americana feel to it, and how it is so real-life & pop culture oriented. So much more fitting as the fictional America than Pokemon BW's Unova is.

I initially didn't like Mother 3 on the other hand, but I might want to give it a try again too.

Somehow ended up talking about Golden Sun on the split routes thread the other day and, yeah, I still think the series could do with another game. And while it's never going to happen because Treasure is gone, man oh man would I love to see another Sin and Punishment game.

Edited by Jotari

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Somehow ended up talking about Golden Sun on the split routes thread the other day and, yeah, I still think the series could do with another game. And while it's never going to happen because Treasure is gone, man oh man would I love to see another Sin and Punishment game.

I think there was supposed to be another game after Dark Dawn (or whatever the latest entry was), but the sequel plans just kinda died off?

5 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

I think there was supposed to be another game after Dark Dawn (or whatever the latest entry was), but the sequel plans just kinda died off?

Well that's precisely why I want it. Dark Dawn sets up a sequel, but it also crashed and burned financially (and not without good reason, the game was quite lacking) so that the IP has went back into dormancy isn't surprising at all.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well that's precisely why I want it. Dark Dawn sets up a sequel, but it also crashed and burned financially (and not without good reason, the game was quite lacking) so that the IP has went back into dormancy isn't surprising at all.

Man, that is the worst thing that could happen to an IP. I really want them to properly finish the job, then...

• 3 months later...

I’m probably the only one here who genuinely likes Dragalia Lost because of how generous of a gacha it is, and I wish it could’ve gotten a Switch port (whether or not they remove the gacha aspect is another matter).

• 2 weeks later...