Ancient Language and Other Constructed Writing Systems

Colony_Nine

Hello everyone! 

I recently got the FE: Awakening Art Book and I was startled to find that there was a constructed writing system in the book! I really enjoy this kind of stuff, and I'm starting research on a project about this kind of thing.

Which brings me to my question. I know that Path of Radiance features a constructed writing system called "Ancient," and that it's used a lot throughout the game. I was wondering if there was anyone I could talk to who helped decipher the system or knew more about how it was developed. 

Thank you for any help!

feawakeningwritingsystem.png

44 minutes ago, Colony_Nine said:

Which brings me to my question. I know that Path of Radiance features a constructed writing system called "Ancient," and that it's used a lot throughout the game. I was wondering if there was anyone I could talk to who helped decipher the system or knew more about how it was developed. 

Thank you for any help!

Really its just an English font, and the main site has a nice little page on it that should help you decipher it.

https://serenesforest.net/path-of-radiance/miscellaneous/ancient-language/

Oh yeah, I did see that! What I really wanted to know was who did the deciphering in the first place (was it a community effort?), or if there was any information on who possibly designed it (likely this will lead to a dead end, but I want to try to find out).

On 12/14/2022 at 11:01 PM, Colony_Nine said:

Oh yeah, I did see that! What I really wanted to know was who did the deciphering in the first place (was it a community effort?), or if there was any information on who possibly designed it (likely this will lead to a dead end, but I want to try to find out).

There was no deciphering needed. The game files were ripped and an image file with all capital letters and non capital letters were founds in Alphabetical order. It was a 5 minute job to get the file and a 10 second job to match the letters to their normally used counterparts.

Who designed the font, probably someone on the graphical team working on PoR