Engage Female Only LTC

Espinosa

Challenge playlist on YouTube: 

Rules:

- Girls Only

An idea for a themed run I have employed before in my Sacred Stones and Fates Conquest LTCs. Working with a limited cast, we find ourselves having to use units we otherwise wouldn't consider for efficiency purposes. Where are Vander, Louis and Kagetsu again? Early on, not having the full army really hurts our turn counts, but it's the game's dancer being male that is the real tragedy and limitation not even Emblem Byleth will help us overcome. Male units avoid combat whenever possible. Emblem Rings can be equipped despite some of them being male.

- Low Turn Count (LTC) We aim to go for the lowest possible turn count, skipping all paralogues besides Anna's (which results in an additional playable character, though I have a feeling I won't be using her anyway? Being a lv. 5 axe fighter really jeopardises her under low turns) as long as they don't help us shave off turns.

- Hard Classic ...sounds like an appropriate difficulty mode. Vanderless Maddening with just Alear with her 4 def would be brutal.

Pretty normal Prologue-Chapter 2 experience, even though nothing is normal for me in this game yet (haven't got accustomed to it as it's been out for only so long). I slow down a lot in chapter 3 due to the lack of characters needed for the rout, just to beat the Maddening turn counts by one in the following map, and in chapter 5... well, we're all kind of screwed haha. Trying to get a Deirdre ring so that Framme can Chain Guard non-stop without Vulnerarying herself up every other turn. A Caeda Bond Ring would be neat as well, but I can't rig everything at once with just 1,300+ Bond Frags. 

Edited by Espinosa

14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The game has been out for 8 days and we're not only seeing LTCs, but gimmick LTCs. I'm honestly impressed, all the best to you.

Thanks, AnonymousSpee

d 😉

Well, it may be a gimmick to some, but I have been playing Female LTCs for a while, and in fact my first FE videos on YouTube  are from one such run (except not an LTC). 

Video of the third chapter, cleared in 7 turns. It's another one of the tough clears in this run (so far none of the clears have been particularly simple because of the growths being lower than before on average for one reason). Etie helps out with the lance fliers a lot, as Alear faces WTD and Break from these. More details in the video's description on YouTube. 

What is your strategy for chapter 13 and 14 if you don't mind me asking?

Is it worth getting the Rescue staff in the former and the boots in the latter? In LTC contexts anyways.

These chapters are really stumping me from an efficiency standpoint... putting in spoiler to avoid spoiling story events:

Spoiler

Both maps are huge and you have missing emblems after ch10, which makes fast clears kinda hard. 13 particularly with Fog of War since you can't move or even Rewarp to tiles you can't see in Engage.

14 also has that moat which cuts off access to the throne room right at the start, for anyone except fliers. So I can certainly see wanting a Rescue staff for that, but I'm not sure if it's worth it either.

I had no issues with 10, 11 or 12 (4-turns, 5-turns, and 3-turns respectively), but suddenly 13 crept up and I felt so lost as to what a fast clear would look like. Fastest I managed while grabbing the Rescue staff was 8 turns.

Then 14 I really struggled at 12 turns... but I went for all the chests. I even abused Ike's Great Aether though to whittle down all bosses that got in range. Thinking about it, I think I could maybe just rescue + warp someone to the right chest room from the throne room and grab the boots, as it is the only worthwhile item. But then again, that would require the rescue staff from the previous chapter.

Edited by DaveCozy

Guys, the ridiculous rewarp/16 mov stats have begun!

On 1/31/2023 at 7:43 PM, DaveCozy said:

What is your strategy for chapter 13 and 14 if you don't mind me asking?

Is it worth getting the Rescue staff in the former and the boots in the latter? In LTC contexts anyways.

These chapters are really stumping me from an efficiency standpoint... putting in spoiler to avoid spoiling story events:

Hide contents

Both maps are huge and you have missing emblems after ch10, which makes fast clears kinda hard. 13 particularly with Fog of War since you can't move or even Rewarp to tiles you can't see in Engage.

14 also has that moat which cuts off access to the throne room right at the start, for anyone except fliers. So I can certainly see wanting a Rescue staff for that, but I'm not sure if it's worth it either.

I had no issues with 10, 11 or 12 (4-turns, 5-turns, and 3-turns respectively), but suddenly 13 crept up and I felt so lost as to what a fast clear would look like. Fastest I managed while grabbing the Rescue staff was 8 turns.

Then 14 I really struggled at 12 turns... but I went for all the chests. I even abused Ike's Great Aether though to whittle down all bosses that got in range. Thinking about it, I think I could maybe just rescue + warp someone to the right chest room from the throne room and grab the boots, as it is the only worthwhile item. But then again, that would require the rescue staff from the previous chapter.

Frankly, I'm more worried about Seadall's map. That one fills me with dread. We should have enough fliers to cross the map in chapter 14, and there's Rewarp/Warp to help us in 13. I've thought about Fog of War, but we'll have additional staff users to light the way before that, or maybe the item will be more effective? We'll see. 

19 minutes ago, Espinosa said:

Frankly, I'm more worried about Seadall's map. That one fills me with dread.

What's the issue with that one?

Also, getting that Dierdre S ring is nice.

1 hour ago, Espinosa said:

Guys, the ridiculous rewarp/16 mov stats have begun!

I'll say! Two very nice avoids from Celine making that 3-turn clear possible. Good stuff!

1 hour ago, Espinosa said:

Frankly, I'm more worried about Seadall's map. That one fills me with dread. We should have enough fliers to cross the map in chapter 14, and there's Rewarp/Warp to help us in 13. I've thought about Fog of War, but we'll have additional staff users to light the way before that, or maybe the item will be more effective? We'll see. 

I look forward to seeing those.

Ch15 makes snese now actually... if this is a girls only does that mean no Seadall dancing allowed? 😮 I just thought about that, and I can totally see why that's a nightmare

This is all impressive stuff. Really interesting descriptions, you make Fire Emblem sound like precission engineering. Not too fond of Louis getting that gold, but as you said, it was irrelevant as Chloe could have got it anyway. Please keep doing these, they're great!

On 2/5/2023 at 12:14 PM, Espinosa said:

Well, this wasn't so bad now that I've got it all figured out. 4 turns. 

Wow, my heart skipped a beat when Chloé avoided that 65% attack from the boss... it would've hit for exactly 18 damage which was all her remaining HP. Good stuff!

Really enjoying Hard Mode's accelerated exp gain compared to Maddening. Just about anyone can become usable in this run if enough effort is applied. It's questionable that somebody like Etie is to be given favouritism when we can just turn somebody like Lapis or Timerra into a bow knight if we so please, but the option is there. 

Failed to rig a favourable level-up for Celine while 2-turning Anna's paralogue. Trying to arrange a 2-turn clear of chapter 7 now; stuck on wrestling against the cooking RNG right now. 

Somebody asked me why I don't just hack 100% growths in to save myself some of the headache. It wouldn't be authentic somehow? Mages having armour knight defence and everybody having 20 bld would feel weird. 

Very nice clears, as usual. Nobody likes hacked/100% runs. They take away the credit for your hard work.

Rigging can be hell, but very satisfying when you finally get what you want.

Happy to see the clear didn't need a rewind.

1 hour ago, SSJDennis said:

Very nice clears, as usual. Nobody likes hacked/100% runs. They take away the credit for your hard work.

Rigging can be hell, but very satisfying when you finally get what you want.

Happy to see the clear didn't need a rewind.

Oh, it did, more than several for sure. Why do you think I unequip Anna's Iron Axe before the last player phase ends? Because HM's mid-chapter saves preserve the chapter's RNG, there's room to rearrange actions kinda like I do it in the GBA FE games. 

How many tries did it take you to get that S Deirdre ring? I imagine it was a lot... I mean, I've been trying to rig an S ring myself, but god... It's rough.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

How many tries did it take you to get that S Deirdre ring? I imagine it was a lot... I mean, I've been trying to rig an S ring myself, but god... It's rough.

A stupidly long time... I only had 1,4K Bond Fragments before the DLC gave me a lot more, so I had no flexibility in terms of arranging the RNs. The more BFs you have, the easier it is to rig the rings you want. 

1 minute ago, Espinosa said:

A stupidly long time... I only had 1,4K Bond Fragments before the DLC gave me a lot more, so I had no flexibility in terms of arranging the RNs. The more BFs you have, the easier it is to rig the rings you want. 

Huh. Are you looking to rig an S Olwen ring too?

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Huh. Are you looking to rig an S Olwen ring too?

Just got my second one. I think I won't need more than three (Celine, Ivy and Citrinne, if I ever feel like fielding all three). They shouldn't ever see any use, but it's very plausible during the midgame when magic-friendly emblem rings are sparse. 

On 2/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, Espinosa said:

Turns out Dragon!Alear is the only one who can ensure the lowest-turn clear (glitchless) of chapter 10 by rewarping a group of four to face the bosses. Time to redo the last two chapters, I guess. 

yeah... Lodestar Rush with Dragon!Alear really helps OHKO Hyacinth 😛 the extra 2 hits make enough of a difference.

That chapter is honestly really gross even in Hard, you need to fish for crits to 3-turn it (idk if that's even the lowest clear).

At least your rewarp strat in ch9 can still work with Dragon!Alear.

Edited by DaveCozy