Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC and Amiibo announced

Perkilator

This was originally teased during the February 2023 Direct, with a grown-up Shulk and Rex and a mysterious new character. This is expanded upon here, along with several new characters.

They also announced Amiibo of Noah and Mio…

…along with the release date for Pyra and Mythra, which will be released as a double pack.

Well that's a lot of info getting shadow dropped. It all seems quite interesting.

The reintroduction of Shulk and gigachad Rex does have me a little bit worried. The problem is Mobius. They certainly have their charm but Rex and Shulk being felled by Mobius would be....disappointing. For all their charm they do somewhat lack as villains compared to the ones Rex and Shulk already defeated. 

I actually just beat the game today, so I'm glad I did that in time for this. I'll be looking forward to this next week!... after I get over the ending.

Also, it's amazing how Future Redeemed is being released right before Zelda. Seems like great timing before the next big release sucks away everyone's attention.

23 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Also, it's amazing how Future Redeemed is being released right before Zelda. Seems like great timing before the next big release sucks away everyone's attention.

It uh....certainly was a brave decision from Monolith to release so close to Zelda. 

• 2 weeks later...

So far my impressions are positive but I do think the DLC tries to do far too much with far too little time. In the space of a limited expansion pack they have to fit in Matthew's search for his sister, and Shulk and Rex reuniting with their kids, and the ordeal with Ontos, and the struggle against Mobius, and the founding of the city. Overall Torna was far more focused with its cast and plot. In Torna everyone was aligned with the same goal but in a big moment with Matthew and his sister you have Nikol and Glimmer just being....there, not having anything to say about it and thus being completely silent in the scene which. That's something Torna never had. Even Team Hugo which were the red haired stepchildren of the expansion always felt relevant to whatever was happening. 

Matthew's also pretty great which makes it a bit grating how he's the weak link of the party. After all he's not Shulk, he's certainly not gigachad Rex, he's not their children and he doesn't so obviously tie into a certain someone like A. He's just a nice guy looking for his sister. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor