I Only Realized Today That Clanne and Framme...

Randoman

I only realized today that Clanne and Framme are supposed to be the Abel and Cain of Fire Emblem Engage. I mean, I guess it's debatable if they are or not, but with their green and reddish outfit color schemes, their colors being mentioned even in their personal skill names, and with them having favorite foods that match the character's color (pickles for Clanne and beets for Framme), I think it's pretty clear that they're supposed to be the "red and green duo" for Fire Emblem Engage.

Did you guys realize this as well? Or do you not agree with Clanne and Framme being the Abel and Cain equivalents of Fire Emblem Engage?

I guess to give this thread a broader topic, you can mention and bring up other character archetypes you noticed in Fire Emblem Engage. Aside from Clanne and Framme, Ivy being the Minerva equivalent and Kagetsu being the Navarre equivalent come to mind (particularly with them starting off as enemies). Vander being the Jagen equivalent goes without saying.

Yep. Though at first I also had Mae and Boey come to mind too. Then again, they too are a Cain and Abel anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Mika Pikazo, the character designer of Engage, actually specifically designed Clanne and Framme with the intent of them filling the role of the Cain and Abel (at least aesthetically). Mika Pikazo is a fan of FE and it was her idea to make them green/red (well pink) to make them the resident red/green duo of Engage.

That is a nice attention to detail since Framme wears some red and Clanne wears some green. Most would have associated the Cain and Abel archetype as duo Cavaliers. Or in the case of Birthright: Kaze and Saizo the twin ninja brothers since Kaze has green hair and Saizo has red hair.