Choose Your Own Character Anonymafia: D3 - Ends 6/15 at 0000 GMT-6

Elieson

A conjecture is an unproven hypothesis. You can't conclude anything straight from a conjecture! That's bad logic flow.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Suzaku

Why do you still have that avatar? Pretty sure that's not what Suzaku looks like.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a pro, so I fixed my parents' computer by myself like a boss. Unless it starts acting up again, I should be good.

Also, I remembered that Rein was also going to host a Paper Mario game, and considering that Madame Flurrie hasn't posted yet, that's probably who he is. #bestmeta2013

Suzaku, how serious is your vote against Leknaat? I can't into implications on the internet.

Well, I guess I can see why you might think it's the most suspicious thing that's happened so far, as nothing to this point has been serious at all, but I took Leknaat's post as just a silly basis for an RVS vote. What about his post leads you to believe that he actually thinks that Ovan being a villain might make him scum?

Pretty much nothing. I hoped I could get some sort of reaction out of him at get the ball rolling, since we might end up stuck in RVS for a long time on account of there only being 9 players.

I seriously feel cheated. I must admit.

However there is always much more than what is on the surface. There is much more than meets the eye.

Something strikes me as off about "Some cool guy" but that's just early day 1 gut feeling that's actually most likely really off.

##Unvote:

##Vote: R2D2

I MISS YOU.

Beepbleepboop.

"*Ahem* I am C3P0, human-cyborg relations. What my smaller counterpart here is trying to say is that he agrees that attempting to initiate insights by making player guesses this early in the game is a foolish waste of time that will lead only to harmful mistakes. In fact, making such a statement at the start seems odd and as such my friend will be administering a small shock to your system in hopes of resetting it."

##Unvote

##Vote: Silent Swordsman

I wasn't actually planning to use those player guesses as a basis for meta, or even trying to provoke discussion. It was a joke for the most part.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Ovan

If you have a gut read on me, why not vote me? Why just make an RVS vote on someone else instead of attempting to actually spark a reaction from me through a wagon?

Because the gut read itself is based off a dumb reason that I myself don't even believe and I don't feel as if I should even bother pursueing said read whereas I would much rather attempt to get reads on other players and what until you have posted and interacted with others so as to get a better read on you.

Observation: Wishy-washy behaviour has been portrayed by members of the Evil Dudes in previous games I have participated in.

Hypothesis: Scum are likely to gravitate towards wishy-washy behaviour as it allows them an easy bandwagon hop later on while never being responsible for pushing the initial case. "I always thought they were scummy," quoth the Evil Dude as he votes. Before that, he simply throws suspicion on someone carelessly, quoth gut and feelings; The absence of logic makes the population weep a singular tear in unison, the death of innocence.

Conjecture: Not only is Ovan an Evil Dude flavour-wise, he is also an Evil Dude within the confines of the game.

##Unvote

##Vote: Ovan

Assertion: My hypothesis must be tested.

Leknaat's genuinely giving me bad vibes now, with the observation/hypothesis/conjecture thing looking like he's contributing a lot when he's really not. It kind of reminds me of something in an offsite game too. The guy he reminds me of was scum.

I don't really like that criticism. You're attacking the style of his post rather than its content. Leknaat had analysis of Ovan's post in that last post, and you sort of just dismissed it. In what way is his post not really contributing?

Also, not only is this an anon game, since the other game was offsite, you're using the meta of someone who is unlikely to be playing in this game. What's the point of comparing him to someone else's posting style?

It's not meta, it's using past experience. Basically, they used a bunch of numbers to make their posts seem better thought out, which is kind of like what Leknatt's doing.

As for the content itself, I'm pretty neutral on it. I don't see talking about gut reads as helpful, but most of RVS is unhelpful babble anyway, and I don't see outing gutreads as scummy anyway if you acknowledge that they're gutreads.

It seems the anti-roleplay police has arrived and so I will be dropping that style.

Attacking people based on the way they post and not on their content is not only low, it is an easy position to take. Supporting your logic with statements as, "Makes them seem better thought out" implies you suspect there went little thought in my post. All right, ball's in your court: In what way was my vote on Ovan poorly thought out? Why do you feel I did not provide adequate basis for my vote, which I note you misinterpret as being about gut reads when it's about wishy-washy behaviour; Saying someone is "bad" due to gut but then not following up on it is wishy-washy behaviour that only cheerleads early looks at someone while keeping your own hands clean.

To clarify: I believe Suzaku's latest post re: bad vibes for my posting style is scummy because it is an easy nonsense position to take. The natural response to "I don't like the way you post" is to adjust and adapt to please. I believe "you're wishy-washy" is an adequate reason to vote someone and would like Ovan to take a solid stance to prove there is substance to him other than vibes and guts, which aren't conducive to scumhunting.

Leknaat, I think that the part about gutreads was Suzaku talking about Ovan, and using that to say what he thought about your own point against Ovan.

Also, Suzaku, while I see what you mean about how roleplaying can be used to pad a post, that doesn't mean that Leknaat's post was really padded. You're using analogies that don't work, IMO. You're judging him on the style rather than the content, which is there, as you admit. So I don't really understand your reasons for voting him. The initial vote was for him "flavourhunting", but I don't see any indication that Leknaat was really being serious there.

To clarify: I believe Suzaku's latest post re: bad vibes for my posting style is scummy because it is an easy nonsense position to take. The natural response to "I don't like the way you post" is to adjust and adapt to please. I believe "you're wishy-washy" is an adequate reason to vote someone and would like Ovan to take a solid stance to prove there is substance to him other than vibes and guts, which aren't conducive to scumhunting.

Hrm. Solid stance when half the player list hasn't but basically made one post. Not to mention that the other half of the player list hasn't spent TOO much time talking about things that can give a SOLID stance. Why are you pressing me for a 'solid stance' on someone when we are just now reaching page 3 and there isn't much to have a solid stance on? At the point in time which I posted really the only people anyone could have an ANY sort of read on was silent swordsman and suzaku basically. And even then I highly doubt those reads would be "Solid" since it's so early into a day phase.

##unvote:

##vote: Leknaat

Yeah, I'm not voting you for voting me except I am voting you because of your awkward pressuring(In my eyes).

Why are you pressing me for a 'solid stance' on someone when we are just now reaching page 3 and there isn't much to have a solid stance on?

Is or is Silent Swordsman scummy based on his early game posts?

>> Yes

or

>> No

I believe you can take a solid stance on that. It's not at all clear whether you think he is or isn't. You may include his scumminess relative to other players in the game. Some explanation for why you voted Silent Swordsman first but then swapped to R2D2 would also be helpful. Was there a cause?

The first vote on him was mostly just because of RVS.

Swap to R2D2 to see if anyone would respond to it or if R2D2 would happen to come and post some.

As for my "SOLID STANCE" I don't have any solid stance on him at this moment. IF I WAS FORCED TO PICK ONE. I'd say town. However, my gut feeling is jsut me feeling uncomfortable about how active he was seeming to be, like he was trying to hard. THUS WHY I DIDNT REALLY FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT.

Condensed: Had bad vibes cause he was acting too town.

Acceptable. Picking whether he is or is not worth looking at is what I was looking for.

##Unvote

##Vote: Kururugi Suzaku

The lieutenant seems too desperate for reasons to vote. Posting style does not a scummy case make. What's more, there has been some content to analyse, such as the content of my posts, Silent's meta-hunting, Ovan's mention of a gutsuspicion on Silent, R2D2's vote on Silent for meta-hunting...

In the face of all that, and his own citation re:

I hoped I could get some sort of reaction out of him at get the ball rolling, since we might end up stuck in RVS for a long time on account of there only being 9 players.
It seems odd that he does not seem to focus overly much on getting out of RVS by taking such an easy stance of "I don't like Leknaat's posting style". You can no longer use that reason as I have adjusted to a "normal" posting style, which does nothing to decrease the volume of my posts.

I am not convinced a Townie concerned with staying in RVS would choose to ignore the small threads of destiny and then focus on a trivial argument. If you wish to "get the ball rolling", please use analysis and hypothesis to assert there are scum among us instead of focus down on a posting style. Especially if you consider I have one of the largest volumes of content at this moment; Your accusation becomes invalid.