Fire Emblem: War of Wishes

Hash Jar

So I was making a hack, which some of you may know from FEUniverse, but it has been put on hold beacuse my other computer broke down. So I am now making a smaller hack to occupy my time.

Story (Short for now, and it won't get much longer):

Some country has waged war and conquered many kingdoms thus far. The game starts with a small army fighting to get some of their castles back.

The Fire Emblem:

The Fire Emblem is a "spirit" of sorts. The Fire Emblem is born into things. A very rare phenomenon. If the Fire Emblem is born into a human, it grants them a longer life. These aren't that rare. What is really rare is when the Fire Emblem is born into plant life. Eating from these will grant the person one wish. After the wish is made the plant will wither and die. Widely believed to be untrue, but it has been said to have been done before. The main antagonist is looking for a Fire Emblem. Fire Emblems glow blue on the inside.

Chapter 1:

Mapscrn.png

This is Chapter 1. It is not finished. It is big :)

You start with 13 units and get about 10 more throughout the Chapter.

Some Info:

-AS Patch

-Move Again Patch

-Steal Patch

-Weapons are unbreakable

Credits:

Nintenlord

Blazer

Xeld

Rafael

C and c please.

Hiss.png

One of the knight units. He isn't going to stay as Oswin :P

Edited by Rafael

I don't know if there are any other grass tiles, but it seems very tile spammy

I said it wasn't finished... that also means the grass :P

I find it hard to believe that map doesn't go over the map size limit.

It doesn't. :)

Edited by Rafael

Oh c'mon I already said it was unfinished twice :( Here look I was working on it a bit more.

Newscrn.png

The dirt looks a little random, but I'll work on that. I didn't resize the map I just made it smaller because the other side isn't done.

Edited by Rafael

I don't think it seems very random besides the circle around the tree tile to the left of the castle. Besides that, it all seems to go somewhere.

Do you know what the map size limit is? Last I asked Xeld didn't know... Although, IIRC, he does know how to increase it. He was, for a while, going to make a one map (255x255) hack. Maybe it was someone else. I dunno.

Looking forward to it! I like big maps. Although try to find a way to balance it out so that knights don't insta-fail.

I don't think it seems very random besides the circle around the tree tile to the left of the castle. Besides that, it all seems to go somewhere.

Do you know what the map size limit is? Last I asked Xeld didn't know... Although, IIRC, he does know how to increase it. He was, for a while, going to make a one map (255x255) hack. Maybe it was someone else. I dunno.

Looking forward to it! I like big maps. Although try to find a way to balance it out so that knights don't insta-fail.

For FE7, the maximum map size is 43 tiles (width) by 36 tiles (height).

Heh thanks!

So I was wondering if the good people here at Serenes could give me ideas for the hack.

I've been trying to get some ideas from other FEs. For example I have moving bosses and hopefully some character specific classes. Anything else you would recommend. Nothing that would require too much hacking :P Like ASM... no ASM please. Unless you are willing to do it for me :P

Edited by Rafael

Heh thanks!

So I was wondering if the good people here at Serenes could give me ideas for the hack.

I've been trying to get some ideas from other FEs. For example I have moving bosses and hopefully some character specific classes. Anything else you would recommend. Nothing that would require too much hacking :P Like ASM... no ASM please. Unless you are willing to do it for me :P

I haven't been following this very much so you may already have these...but here are my ideas

move again for cavaliers/nomads/troubadours/those classes promoted

make there be a way for low movement units to keep up so they don't become obsolete.

Include balista units(These would probably just be snipers equipped with balistas)

create difficulty by making unique situations rather then just buffing enemies. For example, make reinforcements hard, send groups of reinforcements from the back and front, and give them repectable weapons.

Make units gain more exp from stuff

Also make the main part of chapters managable. Like, don't create a situation where 4-5 stationary enemies will attack the first person to come within their range, however, you could have many enemies together as long as they have different movement.

You should make a chapter or two with more than one boss, and they have an A support

Edited by Core

• 2 weeks later...

Ballista units aren't necessary since Longbows get 3-10 range, however they are heavy and only foot-archers may use them.

I like the Generals idea. Maybe you have to get somewhere real quick and you set off a trap. The trap only gets rid of most of them however and then you have to fight the remaining few.

So I'm basically going to add many different kinds of mounted knights. Each with unique stat caps however the weapons they use are character specific, not class specific. Class does not effect the weapons paladins use. Here are the units I've got so far:

-Master Knight (Hax Paladin)

-Gray Knight (Balanced Paladin) x3

-White Knight (Faster Paladin) x3

-Black Knight (Stronger Paladin) x3

-Falcon Knight x3

-Dragon Knight x3

-Mage Knight x3

-Forest Knight (Nomad Trooper) x2

-Swordmaster x2

-Warrior x2

-Sniper x2

-General x2

-Sage x2

-Hero x2

-Berserker x2

-Thief Fighter x1

-Assassin x1

Also there are no promotions, the level cap is simply 50. It might be overkill but I don't care. My guess is most units won't get that high anyway.

Edited by Rafael

You might be right however I think you can get around it by using CODE instead of the easy way out. If not I'll just have to settle with a level cap of 25 and "Promoting" with no promotion bonuses.

Hopefully, if you have to include promoting then you have to have twice as many classes, but I think you'd have to have an extra bit of memory used for every character's level (including enemies). I guess you'll know more about it than me though.