Image has more than 16 colours!

Kysafen

Graphics.Palette.getIndex:

RuntimeException

Image has more than 16 colours!

NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T.

I've been at it for 30 minutes trying to make Queen_Elincia a dodge script, and I've tried everything. I made the frames 16 colors in GIMP, I've even tried to remake the images. And it all goes back to that ONE ERROR MESSAGE.

Check the Attachments. I dare you to say that they're more than 16 colors, I DOUBLE DARE YOU. I'm about to explode here.

post-2213-089594300 1284003455_thumb.png

post-2213-070898500 1284003461_thumb.png

post-2213-038970800 1284003473_thumb.png

I think I know what your issue is, you are correct, 14 colors total, but each frame has a different amount of colors. Base has 12, dodge 1 has 13 and dodge 2 has a different 13.

So just make all your frames have these 15 colors and you should be fine. Also, you might want to add a 16th color, just to make the actual thing 16 colors(including background color).

Edited by Dancer A

• 1 month later...

Take the whole sprite sheet you are using and make it 16 colors. Load the image in Usenti and make sure there are 16 colors on the right. Then take a screenshot of Usenti and load that screenshot in MS Paint, copy the area with all the colors, and put it near the top-right of the 248x160 image (or whatever size the frames are). Using the dropper, make a dot of each color in the 8x160 portion to the far right--i.e. two rows of 1 pixel of your color, with the color at the very top-right being the transparent (background) color. Then use this frame as a base for all your other frames.

TBH you shouldn't have to do anything past the part where you make sure there are only 16 colors on the original "whole" sprite sheet, but the rest of it is what I usually do just to be safe, and it only takes 5 minutes for me, so... :\