Sholes' Sprites

Dr.Sholes

[spoiler=FE6.5 Sprites]Orun.PNG

Orun(also in ultimate splicing competition and ready to losesad.gif)

Guinevere.png

Oldish Guinevere

Leygance.PNG

Younger Leygance

Legault.png

Older Legault Better/Worse?

Flaer.PNG

Younger Flaer

Slade.PNG

Slade

[spoiler=Mugs for Iavesechui's hack]bandit%201.PNG

Olaf

Bandit%203.png

Brutal

Bandit%202.PNG

Chuck!!!

The rest don't have names:

priest%20dude.png

mounted%20enemy1.PNG

mounted%20enemy2.PNG

mounted%20enemy3.PNG

[spoiler=Mug for Cluade_C_Kenney's hack]Cluade.PNG

Cluade

[spoiler=And...]Girly%20Guy.png

GIRLY GUY!!!!!

For the gender change competition(still needs editing)

Edited by Dr.Sholes

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I find Rutger actually looks younger than Legault. If you want to make Legault look older you really don't need to give him a new face. You could probably just use his original mug and make it look older. A persons face doesn't change that much from once they're past their 20s. A good comparison is Erik. His face doesn't change that much between FE6 and 7. Though I guess that really depends on how many years have past in your hack.

Slade's chin needs some anti-aliasing. It's also a bit mishapen or at least it seems odd to me.

The colors on the mug for Claude_C_Kenny's hack need to be darkened a bit. He also only has one eyebrow.

That's it for now I guess. I haven't thoroughly checked the rest though. Not too bad overall. They just need some polishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Kishuna's eyes are barely visible, where his head is farther inside of the hood. You leave too much space as if the cloth is floating.

The other one is a bit more obvious. You can't just put any head onto any body. The proportion is wrong, shading is off underneath his chin.

Yeeaahhhh, the hood's too tall for his head, unless he has a cone for a head. The reason it's that tall on his sprite is because the entire top of his face is covered by the hood, which makes it look right. If you have his eyes sticking out, the hood needs to be smaller.

And the second onegakjdschajrbgaiulghaskldfhkasfgasfgasgasdfwrviulwhgasdfg, sorry I had a little spasm from it. The head is WAY too tiny, and the shading is so flat. Where it isn't flat, it's done incorrectly D:

Updated Kishuna

Better?

Young%20Kishuna.png

Also "the big guy" before I added the cape, I made some minor edits

Better or Worse?

WIP%20Hartmut.png

And updated Loki, I can't find a way to make the blindfold work, any tips?

Loki.png

They are still WIP's Kishuna should be easy to fix the second is my first almost full custom so It's not that good I'll try to fix it because it's really sloppy.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID, SPLICE MORE.

The 1st one, the lip is.. uhh... what the hell is that lip?

The 2nd one, The neck shading is made of yucky, and the light source seems to be coming from the fourth wall the way you have it shaded.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID, SPLICE MORE.

The 1st one, the lip is.. uhh... what the hell is that lip?

The 2nd one, The neck shading is made of yucky, and the light source seems to be coming from the fourth wall the way you have it shaded.

I kept the lip from the morph one just so most of the features would be similar, a lot of them were from Older Eliwood and the hair if from Hugh

How would I fix the shading?

You know... Kishuna doesnt need a hood.

He's probably gonna be a druid so it would make sense that he does.

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to splice hair in for him so unless I get a random urge to I probably won'ttongue.gif

I'm going to put this as delicately as I can. If you have that attitude about taking portraits apart and putting them together again, then your sprites will not improve.

Of course, if you're fine with that, then by all means keep being lazy about splicing hair. However, I'd rethink having the phrase "ready for hardcore critiquing" in your topic description.

Edited by The Blind Archer