(FE7) (LHM + HHM Draft)

Whitefang

I have signed up for the forums as the concept of draft runs intrigue me. Based on what I see, though, I do not have the skill to compete in them, so I thought I'd make a challenging one for others to try. (If we have trouble getting a fifth, I will join in as canon-fodder).

Teams:

1. Valmanway - Sain, Wil, Raven, Oswin, Canas, Wallace, Rebecca, Renault

2. second pronoun - Kent, Rath, Lyn, Fiora, Ninian, Bartre, Karla, Nils

3. Whitefang - Serra, Dorcas, Isadora, Eliwood, Legault, Farina, Vaida, Geitz

4. Gaius Julius Caesar - Erk, Matthew, Nino, Priscilla, Guy, Dart, Louise, Karel

5. Soul - Florina, Lucius, Lowen, Heath, Pent, Harken, Hawkeye, Jaffar

The draft is the standard snaking format, whoever signs up first gets first pick, and whoever signs up last will get the 5th and 6th picks.

For Lyn's mode, Lyn is considered a drafted character. Wallace cannot be drafted. You must draft your first two characters from Lyn's mode. Once the first two rounds are done, the leftover character, Lyn, and Wallace will be added to the list of remaining characters. To make this a challenge, both Marcus and Athos may not be drafted. Ninian and Nils are considered different characters. In chapter 16, if you have not drafted Lyn, Kent, Sain, or Wil, you may use Lyn as though you had drafted her (for that chapter only.)

Rules:

• All players must do Chapters 17x and 31x. All other side quests are optional and your choice.
  • Hector and Merlinus are obviously considered to be drafted. Lyn is considered drafted for her story.
  • Points will be awarded based on your rankings.
  • Lyn's Mode: 120 Points - # turns used to complete. (You must do 7x).
  • HHM Tactics: No points awarded. Turn count will be used as a tie-breaker.
  • HHM Survival: 15 Points / star
  • HHM Funds: No points, so don't worry about selecting a thief, Dart, or Farina.
  • HHM Exp: 5 Points / star
  • HHM Combat: 10 Points / star

Non-drafted Characters May:

• Open chests, doors, and use vulneraries. (Thieves may not steal unless drafted, the only exceptions being the Silver Card and Member Card).
  • Meat Shield without countering.
  • Trade and hold any items/weapons.
  • Rescue NPCs or other non-drafted units.
  • Recruit characters.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or concerns about the format. I am open to changing anything that is perceived as imbalanced or unfair. For example perhaps the draft order should be reversed/randomized after the first 10 picks. I am also wondering if I should forbid the use of the Knight's Crest in Lyn's Mode, though I doubt anyone would use it.

Edited by Whitefang

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, such fast responses! I've decided that I will participate after all. I expect I'll have fun with it.

I will take Serra.

Does anyone know when the window for editing posts ends, if at all?

So do we have to recruit EVERY character or just drafted ones? Because that would mean Bartre would be free for all to recruit Karla, or at least until 10/5 or something.

I'm in, by the way. Give me Erk.

Edited by Gaius Julius Caesar

So do we have to recruit EVERY character or just drafted ones? Because that would mean Bartre would be free for all to recruit Karla, or at least until 10/5 or something.

I'm in, by the way. Give me Erk.

You only need to recruit the characters that you draft. You have the choice of drafting other characters. I toyed with the idea of givng 10/5 Bartre to whoever gets stuck with Karla, or allowing him to use the arena for such an event, but in the end made them a pair. I believe they are generally considered weak units, though. Maybe it's too big of a disadvantage.

Edited by Whitefang

So is Lyndis free or whut?

For LHM, Lyn is free. For HHM, she must drafted and will be added to the draft list after the first 10 draft picks. Obviously there are advantages to doing so (combat) and disadvantages (exp).

After the first 10 picks, Lyn, Wallace, and whoever of the first 11 that is not selected will be added into the rest of the characters for HHM's draft. (If you draft the extra LHM character, he or she is available only in HHM, not LHM.)

This gives you 3 characters for LHM, and 8 + Hector and Merlinus for HHM.

Edited by Whitefang

You can't draft Lyn yet, she is free for everyone to use in LHM. She'll become available after this round of drafting. Sorry if I'm being unclear. There's a list of available characters in my first post for reference.

It might be faster to take a Florina penalty on some chapters, like Heintz's chapter (7 I think...)

If this was a rule from the start, a more fair way to do it would be Lyn and Florina free, with 2 other units each.

Is Matthew free to open up the door in Ch 6? Is he free in general for thief utility? (Not fighting)

Yes, he can open doors and chests (So can any character with a door key or a chest key, even if not drafted). Thieves cannot steal, except the Silver Card and Member Card if they are not drafted.

It might be faster to take a Florina penalty on some chapters, like Heintz's chapter (7 I think...)

If this was a rule from the start, a more fair way to do it would be Lyn and Florina free, with 2 other units each.

I could allow non-drafted characters to rescue drafted characters. I had considered the idea at first.

Edited by Whitefang

I could allow non-drafted characters to rescue drafted characters. I had considered the idea at first.

What? Then there's almost no point to drafting fliers, since it's faster to have them killed when you need to rescue-drop units.

What? Then there's almost no point to drafting fliers, since it's faster to have them killed when you need to rescue-drop units.

Agreed. Rescue-dropping is probably the biggest draw to fliers. It shouldn't be allowed for just anyone.

Thanks for your inputs! NewYearsEmoticon.gif I am not an expert at this game and I want a fun and fair challenge for everyone.

No rule change, and non-drafted characters are simply banned from performing illegal actions. If one happens, you must restart the chapter!