FE8 : Ominous Black Wings

TheoryDS

Hey guys, Firstly, I'm going to apologize right off the bat, because this post will not contain any screenshots, videos or any of that kind that'll give you a more visual aid into my hack. This is because, first off, I do not have any appropriate/relating to this particular hack. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

[spoiler=A bit of background that you may or may not be interested in.]

This FE8 hack started off as a Christmas present for my girlfriend, who also happens to be a die hard fire emblem fan (What a plus!).

I have most of it completed, but being a perfectionist, I've spent a lot of time tweaking the little details as well.

After I have finished that, I plan to revamp the hack itself into a more public version and a story that people can relate to, other than one filled with inside jokes as in the original.

[spoiler=Story (in the works)]A group of friends are playing a popular virtual online game (which happens to be very similar to Fire Emblem lol).

A mysterious guild forms overnight and begins to wreck havoc among the players. No big deal, since this is just a game.... or so they thought.

Among the mysterious guild is a renowned hacker, who alters the coding of the game. That, combined with a some ancient magic, causes a worldwide crisis.

Rather than the usual respawn upon death, players who have died in the game began coincidentally dying in real life as well. To make matters worse, the altered coding has prevented players who are already in the game from logging out.

What is this mysterious guild and what are they trying to accomplish?

(Someone told me that this sounds like a manga called ".hack" which sadly, I have never read and am apparently missing out)

I have made this thread here to record progress and possibly request help when I need it. This would be technically the 2nd hack I worked on. I am still fairly new, and still learning many things about Nightmare and FEditor Adv. My editing skills are pretty basic at the moment, but are growing, as I am willing to learn. Most of what I have learned came from Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial V2.

That being said, I am pretty bad at spriting when it comes to making chibis, animations, etc. (though fairly decent at splicing).

I need help making a short haired myrmidon animation (I don't understand why every myrmidon in the GBA series has to have long hair).

A sprite sheet would be nice, but if you could have it all set to be imported through FEditor, that would be even more amazing :)

Appreciation and credits will be given accordingly.

On a side note, if anyone has the time to become my tutor or anything, that would be much appreciated as well.

Hope to see some interest and I will keep you guys updated!

Yes it does resemble .hack in a way. But don't let that deter you from working on this.

Fact. Nothing is original, after all. Go for it, man! ^^

I liked your idea, but I can't say more about it, because all you've said was about making a hack and some ideas you have in mind. Keep us up to date.

I have never been involved with the .hack series so i think I may be missing out as well, but so in this case, this kind of plot does feel original to me and I support you on this and look forward to what comes out.