Giving player units personal battle themes

CT075

When I coded it into FEXP I was working under the assumption it was already possible in GBA FE, because it seems fairly obvious right. I was actually surprised when Cam said he was making an ASM hack to do it :M

And yeah the systems are so different it wouldn't make any sense to convert from Ruby to ASM

Another thing too, is that you don't actually have a script in FEXP for giving actors themes, just the map evented themes. It works plenty well, but for efficiency's sake that pedophile guy made a short script for actors themes, where you don't have to use events. Like if you wanted Eliwood's theme to be Forever Alone (don't deny it, a wimp like him is always forever alone) then you type in the actor ID, the song name, and never have to do it again.

Then again, I don't use actor themes so it's pointless to me, but I shoulkd find that script and share it here anyway for other people to use. Bout time that pedophile did something not completely abhorrent.

people can choose their own badges now D:<

WAT

Edit: Fix'd.

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) i could code that in fifteen minutes if you could motivate me

Took him 3ish >:D

I'm gonna see if I can't find that script. I know I posted it on Yeti's site before the ban but it was so long ago and I can't remember where. It was also posted on ONE of my sites, no idea which of the three though >.>

you're missing some sarcasm.

well unless you want to manually go through the compiled code and make sure all the registers are right...

well okay maybe you know a better way but humor me here

Edited by Camtech

Shitty Retarded Trash.

Show us where on the R1 the mean Ryusei touched you

Honestly where the hell is this thread even going? We got personal themes, this a good thing who the hell CARES why Cam decided to hack it. He could have decided to hack in a fucking cheerio dispenser but we don't need to have a shouting match about the origins of wheat! Then again what do I know, all y'all coding look alike to me.

And to at least keep this mildly on topic I'm just going to thank Cam for the awesome ASM work, in both this and making it so battle themes play even after the battle has ended.

Now we can Trombe with Percival, and in the end isn't that why we got into this great hobby?

ye who ask for a real patch and not assembly patch

bamf

i'd post the readme but i'm lazy

just know that it will revert any changes you've made with the "boss music editor" or using a hex editor to edit the same

you get a module when i feel unlazy again

Edited by Camtech

double post but i'm doing you all a favor so shut up and like it

---

It seems that I forgot to log the offset of the table and the format thereof. My bad.

The table is at 0xBDAF80 (insert condescending joke about how you could easily figure it out by looking at the source), and the format is simple - one byte for each character. The theme for character 0x00 is at 0xBDAF80 + 0, 0x1 -> 0xBDAF80 + 0x1, 0x2 -> 0xBDAF80 + 0x2, etc

simple enough?

(insert condescending joke about how you could easily figure it out by looking at the source)

Don't you start going all Xeld on us, now.

Anyways, I woke up this morning and made the Nightmare Module for this hack, since I just applied it to Elibian Nights. It should be stuffed in the zip with the patch. Happy hacking!

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a new thing -

new patch

This allows you to do a mid-game generic theme change, ala FE9/10. Read the instructions (included below for posterity).

Warning -

do not apply to a ROM that has my "player character theme" patch active.

If you do, it WILL fuck up badly, and I don't know how.

This also writes binary to the 0xD90000 and 0xDB0000 areas, so if there's

stuff in there I suggest you move it.

Format is like the player theme patch - At 0xDB0000 there's an array of two-byte

music offsets; the first one is player theme and the second is enemy generic.

Any kind of personal music overrides this patch's results. To find the two bytes

for any chapter, use the following formula:

0xDB0000 + (0x02 * chapterID)

- Cam

If you intend to apply this patch to a ROM with my "player personal theme" patch

already applied, follow these steps exactly -

- Re-apply the player theme patch. This reverts it, for technical reasons. You want

that to happen, just trust me here.

- Apply this patch, as it includes the "player theme" patch data already.

A bit of a new thing -

new patch

This allows you to do a mid-game generic theme change, ala FE9/10. Read the instructions (included below for posterity).

Yo, I'm one of the few people that are probably gonna complain about this... but...

SOURCE PL0X.