Maximum Health Points

Zeoka

I have hacked all the Fire Emblem games for some friends who wanted some more challenging or less challenging games. Now I want to make a totally new one. But to make it work properly I want to increase the maximum HP stat for player characters. I've seen it in some hacks, so how is it done?

depends on what game

if FE7, you're just changing 3 values

017c7c

0299ac

each one should be at 3C which is 60 in hexadecimal

if fe8 or fe6, it's more than likely the same process, just different offsets where the values are

depends on what game

if FE7, you're just changing 3 values

017c7c

0299ac

each one should be at 3C which is 60 in hexadecimal

if fe8 or fe6, it's more than likely the same process, just different offsets where the values are

Is it possible in Nightmare? Because I don't know if you need the Class or Character editor.

Darn, I've never used Hex Editor's before. Can someone explain me how to use an hex editor to atleast be able to change te max hp? I hope I'm not asking for something like an encyclopedia or something.

Haha. There is more to this than I thought. There's so many data, I don't know which one to edit. Nightmare is much easier but ofcourse it has it's restrictions aswell.

You just go to the offset given above, and edit the value at that location. The offset is the offset of the information you're wanting to edit, to get the changes you want.

It is quite impossible in nightmare.

Until you make a module for it. Then it's completely possible.

Nightmare is just a generic handler for a hex editor, after all. That was its purpose when it was made, what, ten years back?

Edited by Celice

go for it

in the offsets I gave you, you should be going straight to the 3C's that I mentioned, which is all you need to change

AH! Now I understand, haha! Thanks! You guys are great!

More than likely it's in Xeld's doc, check it out the FE hacking folder

Also who the hell is Xeld

That explains a lot. I don't have them in my FEditor Adv folder. Thanks!

Wow. This is really confusing. I don't understand one bit of hex editing. I mean. I know how hexadecimals count, but I don't understand anything the documents say. It's like magic to me. Though, I don't feel like giving up.

Does anyone know the offsets for FE8 to change the maximum HP? I know I have to change 3C to 78 to change the maximum from 60 to 120.

Edited by Zeoka

Okay, that's it. I feel like writing the story and making the graphic and hire someone, haha. I can't even edit ONE SINGLE OFFSET. I must be stupid or something.

I've been testing and it reverts to 60 HP. So it doesn't work. Neither does a lower Max HP by the way. I tried 40 max HP but 60 is just the maximum.

Good luck finding someone to hire

on another related note so allies can have 60HP using that first piece of crap assuming the cap and HP stats are, well, set to over 60? No more stat-bonuses required? /neverbotheredtolookintothis

EDIT: /pastlike3yearsago

Edited by Strawhat Luffy