Gaiden PC Remake

Mohji

I remember a while ago someone on FESS posted a Chinese FE2 remake for the PC that was made using SRPG Maker. I think this is the link: http://tempfess.superbusnet.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1377

I also remember Vincent making an English translation that went up to Chapter 2. I was wondering if anyone has, or could find, a working download link for the game? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Whoops, I wanted the title to read "Gaiden PC Remake". That's what I get for posting so late. :P

Edited by VincentASM

I still have the entire thing--but it's like 400MB or something, if memory serves. If Vince doesn't have it up, and you offer some suggestions, I could try to upload it somewhere. No guarantee for something that size, though :/

Celice: You have it? That's awesome! Although 400MB is quite a lot, I guess you could try MegaUpload. From what I recall, they allow pretty large files. But don't worry about it if it's too much trouble for you.

Vince: You posted the translation for both chapters in the thread I linked to in my previous post. :) I think the link still works.

Also, just for the sake of curiosity, this game was made by ChinaFE, yes?

Edited by Mohji

Got it compressed to around 75MB. Rapidshare.

I just went into the folder and compressed everything and threw it in there. Vince might be able to help you out further, as I definitely don't remember if there's anything special to get it to work--I never got around to playing extensively with it. If memory serves, though, you can be extremely cheap and click to force critical strikes in battle D:

EDIT: Played around with it a little. For me, there's an executable in the folder filled with "junk." You cna figure out the menus pretty easily: it's not hard :/

Vince, you wouldn't happen to know anything about the program that made this, would you? I think I remember it being SRPG Maker 95 or something like that. I kinda want to look into it :/

Edited by Celice

• 3 months later...

I downloaded this before, as well. I am.. surprised that someone was able to attempt to get as close to emulating FE Gaiden on the PC.

If only I could find the English translations that VASM put out before... :(

This is awesome, to be able to play FE Gaiden without having to download the ROM illegally.

What were the controls to changing your class in the shrine again? I read the instruction but apparently missed something very specific.

I think it depends on what promotion item you use. When you're in a shrine, you'll automatically get all the promotion items you'll need (and they'll disappear once you exit).