Death Quotes using Macros

Crimson Red

For new death quote tables only (i.e. you should probably re-point before you use this and the EA to make your death quotes):

also I'm not responsible if it screws up or doesn't work or anything XP but you can tell me and I can try to fix it, it's not like it's anything all that special

#define DQA(char,chapter,pointer,eventID) "BYTE char chapter 0x00 0x00; POIN pointer; WORD eventID"
#define DQA2(char,chapter,text,pointer,eventID) "BYTE char chapter 0x00 0x00; WORD text; POIN pointer; WORD eventID"
#define DQData(text) "TEX1 text; REMA; ENDA"

e.g.

ORG 0xD70000 //Offset of Repointed Death Quotes
DQA(0x01,0x13,EliwoodDeath,0x65) //Type 1 DQ, for part 1-2 (see DQ modules) - char 0x01, evt. "EliwoodDeath"
DQA(0x2D,0x07,LynDeath,0x00) //Type 1 DQ, for part 1-2 (see DQ modules) - chapter 0x07, event ID 0x00
DQA2(0x01,13,0x7C0,0x00,0x65) //Type 2 DQ, for part 3 (see DQ modules) - text 0x7C0 

EliwoodDeath:
DQData(0x7C0)

LynDeath:
DQData(0x7C1)

CODE works? lol well I think the EA might've had a backwards compatibility option... XP

the new codes are more efficient if you know how to use'm (and since they're less generic it's sometimes easier to make sense of than a ton of "CODE" spamming)