Frederick and Avatar = Most godly pair ever?

Anacybele

No, this has nothing to do with how much I adore Frederick and wanted him to marry my Avatar. But I swear, these two have far exceeded my expectations as a team. Maybe one or both of them are blessed a little, but still. I do know my Avatar is blessed in a few stats. Check her out:

Kelli

Lv. 12

Str: 15

Mag: 10

Skl: 13

Spd: 13

Lck: 12

Def: 10

Res: 8

Skills: Veteran, Solidarity

Her flaw is defense while her best stat is strength. But her defense is like on par with just about everything else and her res is the low stat.

And here's her Freddy Bear's stats just in case they have some influence on how mighty they are as a team:

Frederick

Lv. 7

Str: 16

Mag: 4

Skl: 15

Spd: 14

Lck: 9

Def: 17

Res: 5

Skills: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna

Yeah, for a prepromote, Freddy's stats aren't really the best. But with my Avatar, Kelli, added as his wife, he's turned into an absolute monster. He criticals and triggers Luna constantly. So his stats hardly matter. And Kelli, she's criticaled several times too. And these two guard each other constantly, so nobody can barely touch either of them.

Also, they have access to every human weapon except bows, allowing them to gain the upper hand against just about any opponent. And lack of bows doesn't matter because either of them can attack from a distance anyway provided they're carrying the right weapons (Kelli's magic, Frederick with hand axes or javelins or such).

Their stats even cover one another's. Frederick's low magic and res is fixed by Kelli's being high, so she can take the hit from a magic attack and deal one out if need be. Freddy's defense is higher than anything else, so he can cover Kelli's defense flaw (if it ever really becomes one...lol).

I swear, I might be able to solo the whole game with these two, but just in case, I won't take that chance...XD

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biased views are biased.

Until you start solo'ing with those two on Lunatic Classic, using the word "godly" will only get you killed on Streetpass.

Didn't I just say there is no bias in this? I was using anything but my favoritism for Frederick as my evidence.

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't I just say there is no bias in this?

Most godly pair ever

I fail to see your lack of bias from the OP considering the topic title.

Because nothing in that post with the stats and levels constitutes "godly".

Edited by shadowofchaos

I fail to see your lack of bias from the OP considering the topic title.

And I fail to see how using the word godly in the title means I'm biased at all.

Because nothing in that post with the stats and levels constitutes "godly".

You're saying they're not godly simply because they aren't maxed out yet? That's stupid. I'm not even half way through the game yet, so it isn't like I'm near Endgame or something.

Edited by Anacybele

It'll change as you get farther on. At the point in the game you're at on Hard, I found Chrom+Sumia to be an unstoppable team of destruction, now Sumia's getting rehab trips to DLC land to keep her relevant.

Next playthrough I'm just gonna play favorites rather than trying to get everyone supports with everyone else, I swear.

I don't play Hard mode and I'll never touch Lunatic mode. I'm just not as skilled as other players at Fire Emblem games.

I apologize for not clarifying before that I'm doing normal mode. So I'm talking that mode only.

You're saying they're not godly simply because they aren't maxed out yet? That's stupid. I'm not even half way through the game yet, so it isn't like I'm near Endgame or something.

That's not what I said.

just admit it you love Frederick more than you do Ike

This pretty much summarizes your entire sentiment.

Saying "Godly" about anything in Normal Mode is pretty much moot.

You're pretty much just posting a blog topic. There's no room for actual discussion here.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That's not what I said.

This pretty much summarizes your entire sentiment.

Saying "Godly" about anything in Normal Mode is pretty much moot.

You're pretty much just posting a blog topic. There's no room for actual discussion here.

How does that summarize my post when I listed their stats, skills, and what weapons they use? I can't control how they level up or how their supports affect their abilities in combat.

This has NOTHING to do with me liking Frederick. Also, no, I don't like him more than Ike. If I did, I'd have changed my sig by now. Trust me.

I'd say, objectively, optimised specialty MorganxS ranked partner character optimised to fit Morgan's specialty and bred to that specialty (So if Morgan is a Sorcerer, have their husband/wife be a Sage or something from two parents with high magic caps) would be the best pair up in the game hands down.

I...have absolutely no idea what you just said. And besides, I mean the best pair battle-wise, not the best pair for their kid. xP

But then again, the stats and skills get passed on to the kid. Maybe my Morgan will end up being a beast anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I...have absolutely no idea what you just said. And besides, I mean the best pair battle-wise, not the best pair for their kid. xP

Are you even reading his post?

For one thing, your "evidence" isn't even special for their stats and levels. Another thing is, you're on NORMAL mode. Which is meant for newcomers/people who haven't played FE in a long while. The damn enemies don't even have their class skills.

Any pair could solo the hell out of the game.

Those stats aren't even that great.

I say again, they're not maxed out yet.

Wheels: OH. Now I see what you're saying. I misread your whole post. My bad. I feel totally dumb now. lol

Ionno man Frederick + anyone is a eh. Do people even use Frederick or just leave him off to the side like Seth and Titania?

Well, seeing as I had to use him in order to support him with my Avatar, yes, there are people that use him. :P

I'm playing Hard, and most competent pairs stomp that mode. I'm guessing it's even more true in Normal. Since those two look competent, I'm not surprised that they're taking out entire maps by existing. As for most godly. . .that's up for debate. It seems like it's working for you, so eh.

Yeah, I guess godly was the wrong word to use. Heh. ^^;

But I did notice that Frederick doesn't seem to be as good as past Jeigan knights have been (namely Seth and Titania), but it seems I've found a way to make him kick butt anyway. At least in my file. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I say again, they're not maxed out yet.

Wheels: OH. Now I see what you're saying. I misread your whole post. My bad. I feel totally dumb now. lol

Anyone's stats are 'great' when they're maxed out.

If you're going to showcase good stats, at least make sure they're, y'know, exceptional. I mean, I'm sure that any unit can function properly in Normal mode to begin with.

Anyone's stats are 'great' when they're maxed out.

If you're going to showcase good stats, at least make sure they're, y'know, exceptional. I mean, I'm sure that any unit can function properly in Normal mode to begin with.

Well, I thought they were good stats. My mistake. I guess I don't know how to "make sure" they're "exceptional."