Need info for translation patches

VincentASM

I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but I haven't had the time. And I know Arch suggested this too, a while back.

Basically, I want to include a page on the site that details each translation patch (including the TearRing Saga one). However, truth be told, I haven't played any of the the patches, except for the FE12 one that I worked on (and FE3, but I kind of forget what it's like).

So I'm looking for people with experience with the patches to help me fill in the details, like:

* Basic history of the patch (maybe the future too).

* How complete the patch is (or what isn't complete).

* Any possible bugs.

* Quality of the text.

* Anything not the above that's note-worthy.

If you think you're a real expert, you could even write the whole page if you want. Just give me a shout and I'll set up a wiki account for you (if you don't have one) and brief you.

At the moment, I'm primarily looking for help with the TearRing Saga patch and then work backwards from there. I'll be handling the FE12 patch myself, unless something crops up.

lol nice job

I don't know too much about the history of them but I've played pretty much all of them but FE1 so I know most of their details, just not enough to write a comprehensive page I think (except for FE12 for obvious reasons). That being said I'll overlook anything that might have been missed or perhaps incorrect info that was added (unless no one decides to ever do this in which case I -might- take a stand... probably not I have way too much to do lol)

i've actually done something similar over here; that said, as someone who wasn't there at the time for any of these except the FE12 one, i mostly went off fairly limited research, and the only thing that particularly resembles a decent PATCH HISTORY derived from decent FANDOM ARCHAEOLOGY is the FE4 segment

I have recently finished TearRing Saga. Things I can remember. The names of the Chapters isn't translated. Some of the translation isn't spaced properly. No spaces between the sentences.

Bugs I have encountered when playing with the translation patch.

Chapter 15: When you visit the mansion the game crashes. I tried with ePSXe 1.80 and pSX 1.13, crashes on both emulators.

Chapter 19: When you fight the boss and he starts talking during the attack animation. The game crashes with Runan, Sasha, and Raffin. I was able to bypass the crash fighting the boss with Narron. I didn't try any other characters.

Norse Tower 6th floor: When you talk to the NPC, during one of the dialogue the game freezes.