DLC Tips...

Okay, this might sound pathetic to all of you people that play Hard and Lunatic, but I've failed twice now at clearing Smash Brethren 1. And as many of you know, I play Normal. xP

Now, my team is generally stronger than Ike and co. and have little trouble defeating most of them. In fact, Lon'qu dodged BOTH of Ike's Aether blows and then criticaled the shit out of him. Frederick obliterates Ashnard with a Brave Axe. He also easily squishes Geoffrey like a bug (I love doing this. One of my favorite knights laying the smack down on the knight I hate most). Stahl OHKOs Elincia with a Volant Axe. Cherche crushes Brom and Nephenee with Hammers and so on. Titania's Counter isn't even a big issue, though it's annoying, and my Great Knights (Frederick, Stahl, Morgan) can easily take the BK's Luna. Hell, Chrom could take it too.

The problem is Sephiran and his damn Vengeance. He's doing heavy damage to anyone I send against him, even my high res units like Maribelle. Chrom was OHKO'd. I need a tip on how to combat this. I've yet to have someone face Micaiah as well, so any tips on taking her down would be appreciated too.

I'm thinking I need to send in Frederick again, alongside his wifey Kelli (Avatar), and use the Brave Axe again. Two blows from Frederick's 33 strength should do the trick, right? And since he has an S support with Kelli, she'll likely help him out if that isn't the case anyway.

Also, I'm aware that if I'm having any trouble on this map, Rogues & Redeemers 3 will probably be hell. Must improve. lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Sephiran's Vengeance, the best ways to deal with it are to either leave Sephiran with full HP and lure him on the enemy phase to attack you, or chip damage him with an uncounterable weapon like Slime (though it's not very effective) or a Longbow or Double bow (requires a sniper but works better), and then take out the rest of his HP before he counterattacks. Otherwise, have a pair up with a high dual attack chance and both equipped with brave weapons, and you should deplete all of his HP at once before he has a chance to counterattack.

Rogues and Redeemers series enemies are VERY close to their stat caps and have more complicated skill sets, so before you can take it on you'll need to be close to your caps. However, Nowi and Nah as capped defence/res manaketes can stomp all over the map because their dragonstones ignore the many breaker skills passed around.

Someone with tomebreaker should wreck any magic vengeance user.

Superior jolt works too.

The only thing you need to worry about with RnR 3 are breakers, especially since you're just on normal.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

None of my units know Tomebreaker, so I can't use that. xP

But those other ideas sound like they should work. I'll try one of them whenever I decide to attempt this again.

None of my units know Tomebreaker, so I can't use that. xP

But those other ideas sound like they should work. I'll try one of them whenever I decide to attempt this again.

Then build a powerful Sorcerer. Morgan, MU, Noire, Severa and Owain are all prime candidates!

My Morgan would be a terrible Sorcerer. He's a physical and defensive battler (he IS a Great Knight, lol), not a magical one. My Avatar is staying a Grandmaster. I don't have Owain or Noire. Severa hasn't been trained up yet and she's going Bow Knight anyway. I don't even really like dark magic users much.

The problem is Sephiran and his damn Vengeance. He's doing heavy damage to anyone I send against him, even my high res units like Maribelle. Chrom was OHKO'd. I need a tip on how to combat this. I've yet to have someone face Micaiah as well, so any tips on taking her down would be appreciated too.

Let him attack you during the enemy phase with a ranged weapon. Simple way to counter Vengeance.

My Morgan would be a terrible Sorcerer. He's a physical and defensive battler (he IS a Great Knight, lol), not a magical one. My Avatar is staying a Grandmaster. I don't have Owain or Noire. Severa hasn't been trained up yet and she's going Bow Knight anyway. I don't even really like dark magic users much.

>asks for help

>given very simple solution

>rejects it

well honestly you could probably just bait him out (like everyone else has said) or cheese him if you get lucky and find a brave weapon in the barracks or on a shiny tile or something

if you're on normal just run through a skirmish (or twice, it's twenty high-levelled enemies but since normal shouldn't take long) on priam's paralogue with Veteran (and Paragon if you have it) equipped as sorc

take Tomebreaker then reclass to whatever you want

I use tomebreaker on a wyvern lord MU for all my anti-rexcalibur needs and it works wonders

Edited by Thor Odinson

>asks for help

>rejects it

well honestly you could probably just bait him out (like everyone else has said) or cheese him if you get lucky and find a brave weapon in the barracks or on a shiny tile or something

Simple solution? Training a character up into a good Sorcerer is hardly simple. :/

I'm going with baiting Sephiran into attacking one of my units that uses a ranged weapon.

Simple solution? Training a character up into a good Sorcerer is hardly simple. :/

You're on normal.

If you have EXPonential Growth, I have no idea why the hell you're complaining. Your internal levels aren't going to do anything to hinder you from grinding EASILY and be done within 10 minutes.

If you don't have that DLC, you still can't complain. Get a bunch of reeking boxes, get a bunch of fire tomes, set animations to off, set skip actions to all, and deploy two of them to pair up.

You'll be done within 20-30 minutes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You're on normal.

If you have EXPonential Growth, I have no idea why the hell you're complaining. Your internal levels aren't going to do anything to hinder you from grinding EASILY and be done within 10 minutes.

If you don't have that DLC, you still can't complain. Get a bunch of reeking boxes, get a bunch of fire tomes, set animations to off, set skip actions to all, and deploy two of them to pair up.

Don't have that DLC. I like using animations and stuff. xP

I already said I'm going with a different strategy anyway. Geez.

Let him attack you during the enemy phase with a ranged weapon. Simple way to counter Vengeance.

this

>asks for help

>rejects it

this

You're on normal.

and this

and even if you like animations on, would it really kill you to turn it off while grinding?

(or just like, use a brave weapon)

Did you not see what I just said? I'm not using Sorcerers. Stop trying to shove it down my throat.

you don't have to grind as a Sorceror

you could pick any other class and then dodge everything after maxing your stats

If you do end up wanting to grind a bit though, Champions of Yore 2 is also a pretty decent grinding map, since it can be 1-turned by three units (the unit to be levelled, probably paired with a flier, and a unit to pick off the one enemy that's too far to the right) and gives most of a level each run if you're getting minimum XP per enemy. With animations off, this can be done in roughly a minute per run, making grinding pretty trivial.

Yeah, but I'm reluctant to do that one because it rewards you with Roy, whom I dislike and find totally boring. Yeah, I don't have to use him, but just HAVING him there is just no to me.

You can still reject Roy you know.

I honestly don't see a solution to your dilemma here.

Because it sounds like you've been rejecting every single suggestion we've thrown at you.

This sounds pretty familiar.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I didn't reject every single solution. I said I'd try the idea of luring Sephiran into attacking a unit that has a ranged weapon, which was suggested to me. Also, it isn't my fault some people offered ideas that I'm not able to use.