DLC Tips...

Correction: Frederick and Kelli league. :D

They're a couple, a team, and co-leaders of Chrom's army (since Frederick becomes knight captain at the end of the game), so yeah. lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and you're definitely going to want a rally bot with Resistance, Spectrum and Heart (maybe Defense and Strength as well) because those sorcerers WILL screw you three ways to Sunday if you let them.

All the ones from R&R1, plus any that were on your side are no against you.

My sister's got my DS, so I can't look at the map right now, otherwise I'd tell you the specifics.

Well... I'll see if I can't borrow it.

Vash, I haven't played any Rogues & Redeemers maps, so I don't know who those are. xP

Skarthe: Thanks. Ugh, I'm definitely going to have trouble. I never use many characters that have a lot of res. My current team is mostly made of defensive powerhouses (Frederick, Stahl, Morgan, Cherche, etc.) or glass cannons (Kelli, Maribelle, Lon'qu, Gaius, etc.). >_<

Edited by Anacybele

Vash, I haven't played any Rogues & Redeemers maps, so I don't know who those are. xP

Skarthe: Thanks. Ugh, I'm definitely going to have trouble. I never use many characters that have a lot of res. My current team is mostly made of defensive powerhouses (Frederick, Stahl, Morgan, Cherche, etc.) or glass cannons (Kelli, Maribelle, Lon'qu, Gaius, etc.). >_<

Alright, I'm looking at the map now.

Gharnef

• Health: 60
  • Wielding: Unforged Goetia
  • Skills: Anathema, Bowbreaker, Lifetaker, Tomebreaker, and Vengeance (68% ACT rate)
  • Lower Defense or Resistance: Defense, 29 DEF vs. 33 RES

Nergal

• Health: 78
  • Skills: Anathema, Bowbreaker, Lifetaker, Tomebreaker, and Vengeance (52% ACT rate)
  • Lower DEF or RES: Defense, 31 DEF vs. 35 RES

Arvis

• Health: 78
  • Wielding: Unforged Valflame (adds Magic +5)
  • Skills: Anathema, Swordbreaker, Pavise (32% ACT rate), Tomebreaker, Vengeance (64% ACT rate)
  • Lower DEF or RES: Resistance, 33 RES vs. 34 DEF

Raigh

• Health: 63
  • Wielding: Unforged Nosferatu
  • Skills: Movement +1, Hex, Vengeance (58% ACT rate), Anathema, Bowbreaker
  • Lower DEF or RES: Resistance, 16 RES vs. 25 DEF

Lyon

• Health: 60
  • Skills: Anathema, Tomefaire, Vengeance (46% ACT rate), Axebreaker, Tomebreaker
  • Lower DEF or RES: Defense, 33 DEF vs. 35 RES

Julius

• Health: 74
  • Skills: Wrath, Hex, Vengeance (60% ACT rate), Anathema, Tomebreaker
  • Lower DEF or RES: Resistance, 33 RES vs. 39 DEF

This douchebag Oliver

• Health: 77
  • Wielding: Waste and Nosferatu (Waste is first)
  • Skills: Hex, Anathema, Vengeance (42% ACT rate), Axebreaker, Luna (24% ACT rate)
  • Lower DEF or RES: Defense, 26 DEF vs 40 RES

Deirdre

• Health: 56
  • Wielding: Nosferatu and Thoron (Nosferatu is first)
  • Skills: Demosielle, Hex, Miracle (15% ACT rate), Anathema, Axebreaker
  • Lower DEF or RES: Defense, 12 DEF vs. 39 RES

Okay. That's a detailed overview of every enemy sorcerer on the map. Does this help any?

Additional tips:

• Obviously watch out for Ike - he's got Ragnell, Aether AND Sol.
  • Jaffar has Lethality AND Pass.
  • Caeda has a Beast Killer - but it's the second lance in her inventory and I'm not sure if they switch weapons.
  • Brave weapon (or weapons with Brave-like properties) users: Ashnard, Narcian, Linus, Black Knight, Petrine, Eirika, Celica, Lloyd, Ephraim, Eliwood, Roy, Oliver
  • Killing weapon users: Caeda, Jamke, Navarre, Jaffar, Marisa
  • Julia has a Book of Naga.
Edited by Vashiane

Try leveling up your units, if you haven't done so.

Keep in mind the danger area, don't just blitz and attack everyone you see.

Some units are very vulnerable, and counter & galeforce would come in handy. They did for me.

I would also suggest Limit Breaker, but Smash Brethren 1 cannot be completed, Rogues & Redeemers 3 must be impossible.

Edited by Carter

Er, if you read the thread completely, you'd see that I already beat Smash Brethren 1. And duh, of course I level up my units. I'm not an idiot.

Vash: I see, thanks. I think my powerhouses should have no trouble beating the ones that have low def. But the rest...gonna have to use some strong magic users.

Edited by Anacybele

Er, if you read the thread completely, you'd see that I already beat Smash Brethren 1. And duh, of course I level up my units. I'm not an idiot.

Vash: I see, thanks. I think my powerhouses should have no trouble beating the ones that have low def. But the rest...gonna have to use some strong magic users.

If you don't mind me asking, which magic users do you use?

Well, let me rephrase that: which ones do you NORMALLY use?

Edited by Vashiane

Only Kelli and Maribelle right now. I DID have Lissa as a Sage, but I reclassed her to Peg Knight so I could make her a Dark Flier later for Galeforce (since that's the only skill Lissa can get that I think would be really useful at all, plus she'd pass it to Owain. Though it stinks that I couldn't have her go straight to Dark Flier).

I DID have Lissa as a Sage, but I reclassed her to Peg Knight so I could make her a Dark Flier later for Galeforce

But...why. You could have reclassed Lissa directly from Sage to Dark Flier and saved yourself from having to give her 10 more levels and seriously hampering her stats in the meanwhile. Unless you wanted a Peg Knight skill...?

Only Kelli and Maribelle right now. I DID have Lissa as a Sage, but I reclassed her to Peg Knight so I could make her a Dark Flier later for Galeforce (since that's the only skill Lissa can get that I think would be really useful at all, plus she'd pass it to Owain. Though it stinks that I couldn't have her go straight to Dark Flier).

Well, Lissa, Maribelle and the Avatar are probably the best Dark Fliers in the game save Aversa and her Shadowgift. Lissa more than Maribelle due to being able to use lances well. 3 mages is a fairly good balance is you have another stave user who can do a bit of rescue abusing to get them where they need to go.

Alright, let me think.

Out of Lissa and Maribelle, the one with the higher skill should get a Thunder-class tome (Thoron) and have a back-up fire tome (Arcfire). The one with the lower skill should get Bolganone and Arcthunder. Higher skill = higher chance of criticals, but also higher accuracy to combat Thunder's lower accuracy.

Kelli should focus on fliers and get Celica's Gale/Rexcaliber and/or Arcwind.

Well, Lissa, Maribelle and the Avatar are probably the best Dark Fliers in the game save Aversa and her Shadowgift. Lissa more than Maribelle due to being able to use lances well. 3 mages is a fairly good balance is you have another stave user who can do a bit of rescue abusing to get them where they need to go.

Alright, let me think.

Out of Lissa and Maribelle, the one with the higher skill should get a Thunder-class tome (Thoron) and have a back-up fire tome (Arcfire). The one with the lower skill should get Bolganone and Arcthunder. Higher skill = higher chance of criticals, but also higher accuracy to combat Thunder's lower accuracy.

Kelli should focus on fliers and get Celica's Gale/Rexcaliber and/or Arcwind.

I see. Kelli's actually been using Celica's Gales (I might not have anymore of those now though...) and other wind magic, so I don't have to worry about her. Although, her magic stat is starting to look crummy compared to her strength stat (especially since strength is her asset).

And I have Cordelia as a Falcon Knight, so she can use staves too (I frequently use her as well).

I see. Kelli's actually been using Celica's Gales (I might not have anymore of those now though...) and other wind magic, so I don't have to worry about her. Although, her magic stat is starting to look crummy compared to her strength stat (especially since strength is her asset).

And I have Cordelia as a Falcon Knight, so she can use staves too (I frequently use her as well).

Is Kelli a Grandmaster?

Oh okay. You might wanna keep some Rescue staffs to move people around and take care of some of those extremely pesky ones that I mentioned above. Jaffar is a priority - take him out as fast as possible and don't even attempt to one-range him.

Is Kelli a Grandmaster?

Oh okay. You might wanna keep some Rescue staffs to move people around and take care of some of those extremely pesky ones that I mentioned above. Jaffar is a priority - take him out as fast as possible and don't even attempt to one-range him.

boo, be daring and attack at one range

with an axe

Is Kelli a Grandmaster?

Yeah, she is. I never reclassed her at all. Just never felt like it. And I like the Grandmaster class too. ^^

And yeah, I've heard about Jaffar and his Lethality. I already planned to take him out asap.

I think there are a couple of enemies with Counter as well. Pretty sure Linus does, but lemme have a look real quick.

EDIT: Linus seems to be the only one with Counter. In addition to most of the Sorcerers though, Hardin, Area, Narcian, and Sephiran also have Vengeance. As mentioned, Ike and Jaffar are very dangerous. I think Arvis also might give you trouble; he's very strong on both offense and defense, with Valflame's magic bonus, plus Vengeance, Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker, and Pavise.

Edited by Skarthe