Fire Emblem: Brewing Conflicts, IC Thread

Tryhard

"It did send it away, but you left yourself open when you followed up to attack. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but I was able to block that attack with this thing, and then just attack again while you were open." Lenora replied, the man didn't seem to be taking it very well.

"But one thing I did realize is that our styles are probably incompatible... it'd be a complete mess if we both tried to teach her things together. She'd be better off if you taught her, I think. Well, good luck, I'll be around town if you need me for anything." Lenora concluded, giving the pair a wave as she departed. Once her back was too them, she gently began to rub her stomach with her sword hand... that damn sword blow had a lot more force than she had expected... the flat had slammed into her side when she blocked... hopefully she could find someone to give it a quick look over before it bruised... going back to their training likely wasn't the best idea.

Well, nothing for it but to head to the inn for now.

Edited by Ether

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Look at that, the party's back!" Ashok said, as Tara and Ryst walked into the door, shortly followed by Lenora. "Everyone's back, wonderful! Sit down and have a drink, it's great here. Lenora, how did training go? I'll bet Sophia learned a thing or two!" He laughed a bit. His conversation with Helen and Aiolos had cheered him up, even if it was about war. It was mostly the parts about them being a party; a group of people that could have each others' backs while they explored the world that did it. It really raised his spirits, just thinking about it.

"Well, it didn't, really... me and Kristoph had a quick spar, but our styles don't really mesh so well, y'know? I figured it'd be better if he taught Sophia on his own, no conflicts that way." Lenora replied, still being tender with her side as she walked, eventually sitting down.

Sturgulewski noticed Lenora enter. "Hm..." he said. "Well... I think I'm going to join the others, Daryl. It was a pleasure meeting you."

With this, the old priest took leave of Daryl, and then came to where most of the younger crowd was sitting. "Excuse me, you guys aren't with Daryl's group, are you?" he asked. "I'm... I'm something of a new addition. You may call me Sturgulewski."

"That's unfortunate. And he seemed like such a nice guy...well, that doesn't have much bearing here, does it? Haha! Sorry if I'm a bit loopy, had some of the drink, I did. It was pretty great, but I shan't have anymore lest I turn into one of those angry drunks. Reflects really poorly on me, I don't like it." He stopped himself, and went to change the subject. "Enough of that, I'm sure Sophia will learn plenty from Kris. As for you, I would suggest you do have something to drink and relax yourself; that was a pretty hard battle earlier, and it looks like we're going to be in it for the long haul. Might not get any good chances to relax after this.

Happy for another chance to speak to someone, Ashok sat himself up straight. Just in time for an elderly man to come over. "Part of Daryl's group? Quite so, yes. And you say you are too, now? Wonderful! So many new faces, I consider myself blessed. Sturgulewski, was it? My name is Ashok Leser, and the pleasure it all mine!" He held his hand out for the man to shake.

As the older man approached them, asking if they were part of Daryl's group, and hailing himself as a new addition, the healing staff in his hand caught Lenora's eye.

"That we are, as my friend Ashok has so... enthusiastically mentioned. By any chance, that staff wouldn't happen to be any good for healing, would it? I took a bit of a bludgeon whilst training and it would be nice if I could get it patched up before it bruises." Lenora noted.

"No no, the pleasure is all mine, Ashok!" Sturgulewski replied, taking Ashok's hand and shaking it vigorously. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He then turned to Lenora, looking at the young thief. "It would, actually," Sturgulewski replied. He then looked to Lenora. "It doesn't sound that serious, but all the same I imagine a bruise would be a pain to walk into battle with, so... Yeah. Where is this wound, then?"

Sturgulewski nodded, pulling his staff out. "All right then, Lenora," he stated, bringing his staff to the affected area. "This... well, actually, it might not sting, but we'll see..."

And with this, the old man closed his eyes, healing Lenora's little bruise with his staff. The light was a little dim, perhaps not as bright as most healing staves would be, but it did the job well enough regardless.

And so, the old man pulled the staff back. "There, that should do it," he said. "I'm more of a buffer, but that should be enough for now."

"No wonder you didn't get any training done with Kris, it seems he almost took you out entirely," Ashok said, surprised that Lenora had suffered such a wound. "That could've been dangerous if you hadn't been here Sturgulewski, thank you. But I must say, I share the same curiosity that Lenora has. What do you mean by buffing? Surely staffs are only used for healing."

"Ah, you haven't heard of it?" Sturgulewski asked. "I see..." He glanced to the side, shrugging. "No, staves can be used for more than just healing. I actually specialize more in... enhancing the abilities of most fighters, let's say. I can give a warrior more strength for a period of time, for example. Or, I can increase someone's resistance to magic spells for a brief period of time as well. I specialize in things like that, though I do heal as well." He shrugged. "It's a skill I learned while I was travelling in Osya many years ago. It's really not too well known outside of certain circles, which is really kind of tragic because it's really very useful."

Sturgulewski looked up to the younger people around him. "So if you ever need anything like that, just give me a holler and I'll be buffing you right away."

Edited by Herr Wozzeck 2.0

"Gods, that's pretty amazing!" Ashok was dumbfounded, staring wide eyed at the elderly man. "I'm glad you found your way into your party, that is indeed an incredibly helpful ability. Maybe you could help my aim with the lance; it happens to be very poor, I'm sad to say." He was amazed, but his amazement turned a bit into curiosity again. "These buffs, they can't last forever, can they? That would just be too good to be true."

"That does sound pretty useful." Lenora noted, surprised at his answer.

"Magic sure is convenient, huh? If I wasn't complete shit at it, I might have been a mage... that sounded better in my head, I swear."

"I think everyone would be a mage if they could. It sounds incredibly convenient. Imagine everyone being able to heal each other, or 'buff' each other when they needed it? I can't imagine how easy life would be if that were the case." He mused and went back into a lean against the bar. "The world's really full of crazy things, isn't it, Lenora? Bah, I've been thinking too much for one day. Need to just sit back and relax."

"You're right about the buffs not lasting forever," said Sturgulewski. "But even a small boost is a good boost, you know?"

And Sturgulewski simply smiled, looking at Lenora. "I get what you mean," he said. "But it does take a while to learn, and I've seen many people who didn't have the patience for it." He shrugged noncommittally. "When you get to be my age, you see a lot, believe me."

"You gotta have a knack for that magicky stuff though." Aiolos pitched in. "Some folks be so bad, they might as well use that there book to smack people over the head. There was a guy on the ship with me who tried to do that healin' jazz, ended up poking someone's eye out."

Xavier watched the new arrivals as the majority of them converged on the local inn. He sat in one of the corners occasionally taking a small sip or two of his drink as he surveyed the group as per his orders. Apparently they were a very dangerous group of bandits pretending to be Eslonian military; he'd been told it was a clever ploy so that they could pillage villages easier. They even had someone impersonating an Eslonian captain! "This is worse than I thought..." Xavier mumbled into his glass.

To make matters worse Xavier watched as they recruited an elderly man. Now civilians were involved in their scheme. After witnessing the elderly man's recruitment Xavier figured he had enough things to report and quickly downed the rest of his drink before leaving the inn, hopefully unnoticed. As he made his way to Fare he silently prayed she was in a good mood. If she wasn't he'd have to coax her into flight with food and he was running short on food himself; to the the point where he'd be giving her his meal if she didn't feel like flying. "Stupid stuck up wyvern..."

xY5QHqD.gif"Ah, Xavier, wasn't it? Over here."

A man called out to Xavier and gestured for him to come over to talk with him in private. Xavier already knew him as the leader of the Cabarian squad he was a part of, and knew him as Rantin.

xY5QHqD.gif "I trust you have learned something about that rotten group, then? You'll understand why we need to stop their nefarious deeds."

Rantin, himself, was of course, bluffing. Xavier himself had only joined the Cabarian group recently and had no idea that they were actually chasing Eslonians. Well, the less he knew, the better.

Edited by Kelsper

"Of course commander Rantin," Xavier said with a quick and slight bow. "It's worse than you originally said it was," Xavier said in a whisper. "Now they're recruiting clueless civilians to help them with their plot. Their most recent additions are an elderly healer who specializes in 'buffing' and a merchant. Also, a few of them are at least close to drunk if not completely gone. Anything else sir or should I get into position?"

Edited by Oersted

xY5QHqD.gif"Ah, is that so? Well, it's not surprising."

He was somewhat confused. It seems like he bought it right away. Rantin thought he would have to persuade Xavier that they were really a group of criminals when he came out. Nevertheless, he wanted to know the man was loyal, so sending him out to scout was his test.

xY5QHqD.gif"Yes, that is all. I'll be joining you shortly, along with the rest of the group. We'll be seeing them soon enough."
Edited by Kelsper

"By your leave," Xavier said with another quick bow before heading to the nearby stable to retrieve Fare. Once inside he made his way to the back where he'd been forced to keep Fare since the owner didn't want other costumers to see her. He could understand why; she wasn't the friendliest wyvern by far and half the time she ignored him unless he bribed her with food. To his relief Fare was awake and didn't attempt to slap him with her tail when he entered the stall. She was in a listening mood.

"Looks like we're finally gonna get some action today Fare," Xavier said as he affectionately patted Fare's snout. "Although I wonder about our employer. Doesn't he seem off to you?" Xavier asked as he put his saddle on Fare. Fare snorted in response. "Hey, excuse me for being worried. I'm not a stuck up wyvern who gets whatever she wants. Besides, even if he's a little strange I need the money. Do you know how expensive it is to care for you?" Xavier put his head in his hands and sighed. "Well anyway it's almost time to go. Listen to me the entire time and I'll get ya some extra food somehow." With his pre-battle ramble finished Xavier led Fare out of the stables and took to the air. With any luck he'd come out of the battle relatively unscathed.

Edited by Oersted

Eventually, when the group had finished about their business, Daryl rounded them up and prepared to set out.

XB2S15Y.gif"Alright. We don't want to stay too long. Let's move out."

He did raise an eyebrow when Ashok in particular showed up, however. He would have said something, but decided it wasn't worth it.

kKCyIlc.gif"Well, we would just be taking the road to the north, right?"

XB2S15Y.gif"For the best. If we stick to the road, we should arrive today."

The group began to start following the road. Ryst had taken control of the groups wagon, though unsurprisingly he was doing little. At least he wouldn't have to deal with them unless they needed something in storage. The trip was rather uneventful until Rantin and his group made their move...

~~Chapter 2: Waylaying Ambush~~

xY5QHqD.gif"Alright, that is them passing now. Take the shot, and charge them. Should be over fairly quick."

As the group were passing through a mountainous passage, a few arrows whizzed by seemingly from nowhere. One of these missed completely, the other hitting Daryl in his back and knocking him from his horse. He screamed in pain, and everyone immediately saw that they were in danger. Tara herself threw herself down from her horse and started dragging Daryl to the side of the road where she hoped it would be relatively safe.

kKCyIlc.gif"I'll take care of the Captain, you guys just take them down. NOW!"

There was a shot from the horse archer that managed to land a hit on Daryl. He called out his allies, and they began to surround the party who it was clear had a disadvantageous position.

"Their leader is down! Charge them!"

Ryst immediately started panicking and trying to move the wagon, with little to no effect.

joJtlnc.gif"Shit! How am I supposed to deal with this! Help me!"

A distance away...

xY5QHqD.gif"Well, it seems to have went relatively well so far. Perhaps it is time for you to join the fight, Xavier?"

---Player, Turn 1---

Enemies' stats can be found here!

NPC Stats have been updated (Ryst)

//Ashok gets -1 Speed on the account of the fact that he is tipsy for this chapter, Helen got -1 Strength, and Aiolos got -1 Skill.

5tMDgD0.png

Weather: Normal.

Current Objective: Defend yourselves!

[spoiler=HP]Players:

Ashok Leser: 29/29

Lenora Herman: 22/22

Aiolos: 25/25

Calden: 22/22

Helen Vatter: 22/22

Sophia Hall: 22/22

Kristoph Jaeger: 27/27

Hans Chrosh: 23/23

Sturgulewski: 21/21

Enemies:

Knight A: 26/26

Knight B: 26/26

Mage A: 22/22

Mage B: 22/22

Mercenary A: 25/25

Mercenary B: 25/25

Myrmidon A: 23/23

Myrmidon B: 23/23

Nomad A: 24/24

Nomad B: 24/24

Monk A: 20/20

Monk B: 20/20

Fighter A: 26/26

Fighter B: 26/26

Rantin 30/30

Xavier: 25/25

NPCs:

Ryst: 24/24

Edited by Kelsper

"An ambush, huh? Why am I not surprised..." Lenora noted with a sigh... things had been going too damn well, hadn't they? Oh well, no time for moping, she decided, as she stepped in towards a nearby axe fighter and lunged at him.

Lenora moves to 10,12 and stabs the fighter in the general area of his body

Lenora cuts him up pretty bad.

Lenora vs Fighter
Hit: 110 + 15 (WTA) - 20 (Terrain) - 16 (Evade) = 89.
Hit roll: 47, hit!
Damage: 14 + 1 (WTA) + 1 (Support) - 6 (Defense) = 10 Damage.

Fighter counters!
Hit: 92 - 15 (WTD) - 2 (Support Evade) - 32 (Evade) = 43.
Hit roll: 77, miss!

Lenora attacks again!
Hit: 110 + 15 (WTA) - 20 (Terrain) - 16 (Evade) = 89.
Hit roll: 17, hit!
Damage: 14 + 1 (WTA) + 1 (Support) - 6 (Defense) = 10 Damage.
[spoiler=HP]Players:

Ashok Leser: 29/29

Lenora Herman: 22/22

Aiolos: 25/25

Calden: 22/22

Helen Vatter: 22/22

Sophia Hall: 22/22

Kristoph Jaeger: 27/27

Hans Chrosh: 23/23

Sturgulewski: 21/21

Enemies:

Knight A: 26/26