Fire Emblem: Brewing Conflicts, IC Thread

Tryhard

"Fire? I don't have any fire spells..." Damn it. Figured he would need the one kind of magic that he didn't have. At least the coast was clear up ahead, it seemed.

Calden moves to (17,4).

Edited by Serious Oranges

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helen followed the group, now in full retreat, motioning for Owen to pick up the pace. "Darnit, horses. We really want that bridge down." She turned her head around, figuring there might be a way to take the bridge down quickly after all... even if the prospect didn't please her much. "...Hey, conman." She turned to Calden, "Never seen you fling fire at people... but you cast lightning now and then, right? Try to break the bridge with that, got to be better than nothing." She sighed, turning her face away, while still addressing him. "Wait for everybody to get through, of course, or I'll break you."

Helen flies to (17,6).

After the party had managed to get across the bridge, it was clear that the bridge was fairly rickety and in poor condition, as well as being made out of old wood planks, tied together by support beams.

Regardless, they had managed to strike a blow by taking down one of the enemy commanders, though Arris had taken upon himself to visit them personally. The group wondered who was leading the Cabarese forces against the rest of Eslonians, since it was assumed Arris himself would take control over the battle.

Victory!

Owen found himself being helped across the bridge by Sophia, and took his time to thank her.

Zk0NfAN.gif "Thank you kindly, miss. I'm not exactly the speediest guy around, you have to understand."

He then addressed the rest of the group.

Zk0NfAN.gif"While we may be safe for now, they could pursue us. Can anyone damage the bridge or cut the supports?"

Ryst had wheeled the wagon round from the south when they started to win the fight, by his perspective. His face drained when he saw the entire party running back to where he was.

joJtlnc.gif"...Not this way! What the hell happened!?"

Edited by Tryhard

bridge - 0, sb - 1

As a thunderbolt crashes down upon the bridge, it shakes the entire bridge as it hits it. It ignites it a few seconds later. A blaze quickly begins to spread throughout it, and the party's persurers would have to walk around to attempt to ford the river. While the party still remained in danger, they were counting on the lumbering form of Arris not giving chase.

Zk0NfAN.gif "We need to regroup. I think it would be best to report back... though I dread to think what the outcome over there was," he murmured.

While the party wasn't completely out of harms way, they had a chance now to catch their breath.

Edited by Tryhard

"Everyone, get a breath, and then keep running. We can't chance them getting around and catching us! We did what we were supposed to do, so let's report back," said the lightly green armored can. He, himself, was taking this time to catch his breath, after running scared for so long. He wasn't out of shape, so that didn't take too long, as he restarted his retreating jog quite quickly.

"I assume that the best we can hope for is that they did not encounter much resistance," Sturgulewski offered as he leaned against a tree to catch his breath. "That is the best scenario we can hope for."

The old man then shuddered. "Of course, if Arris came this way, then it is possible that someone much more important was at the front lines. And knowing Cabaria's military, I shudder to think at who they may have employed..."

"So what happens now? Are they going to try to catch us? Their general got here fairly quickly..." She trailed off as she began to doubt whether they had accomplished anything today, but decided it was best to keep that to herself. "Either way, we won. Is anyone injured?"

Fia frowned. "We hardly won. We were supposed to take the fort. We failed. What we did was escape. We inflicted damage, but we didn't win. We fled. Count it as neutral, count it as a blessing, whatever. But don't count it as a win." Turning to Ryst, she continued, "Elite forces showed up. Owen called for a retreat and so we retreated."

Edited by scorri

"I call living a win, with what we managed!" Ashok replied, a bit indignant about their victory being belittled. He'd noticed that no one was moving with him, so he came back. "I'm fairly sure Berenguer himself would've done the same! You can call it neutral if you'd like; the rest of us will remain proud of what we accomplished. If you'd like to make it a true victory, feel free to wander back over there and deal with this Arris." With that, he leaned himself on Ryst's cart, a bit disgruntled.

"I don't quite care what it says," Ashok responded, "they sent a few elite and their general. If they'd sent more, maybe you'd have a point, but I'm fairly sure they were trying to send a message more than anything else. And they sure as all did! So instead of continuing this squabble about whether or not it's a victory, I suggest we all agree that we 'won', and move on, yes? Everyone else?" I'm not quite sure why she's trying to bring this down instead of just helping me get everyone moving. We don't have time to argue this now. Perhaps later...

"What, so them sending their general away from the main battle doesn't concern you at all? Make you think that maybe, just maybe, they were so confident in their victory there that they didn't see a need for keeping their general there?" With an exasperated sigh, Fia stowed her bow back in her quiver and stalked off in the direction they'd come from. Looking back at the Ashok, she grinned sarcastically and said, "Well? I thought you wanted to move on. Maybe you should stop leaning uselessly against the wagon and start to move."

"Start moving, Ryst," Ashok said, hopping up onto the wagon next to the man. "It doesn't concern me. I prefer optimism to paranoia," he shot back at Fia, finished with their 'conversation.

Edited by I have opinions

"Well, we're alive. Winning or losing, I can't be bothered to think about that right now. Plans changed, we'll have to meet with Berenguer and sort this out or something. I'm all for completing our job and getting paid, but not when it kills me." Helen spoke up, a bit fed up with the whole situation. "I don't want to think they forded the river just to catch us, but we should get going anyways. If you're worried the main army might have suffered a big loss... well, we won't find out if we stay here."

"Start moving, Ryst," Ashok said, hopping up onto the wagon next to the man. "It doesn't concern me. I prefer optimism to paranoia," he shot back at Fia, finished with their 'conversation.

Ryst somewhat raised an eyebrow at the man jumping up into his wagon freely. He turned back and got the wagon moving south as best he could. Well, at least he didn't have to be involved himself, and it didn't seem like his 'friends' seem to be that injured.

joJtlnc.gif"While I can appreciate a quick escape, what happened back there?" he enquired.

Meanwhile

The Cabarese cavaliers had arrived at the newly burning bridge, and found General Arris there too. They had disrupted his chase, and managed to get across the crossing before destroying it. Regardless, he had arrived too late to relieve Caratris and her troops before they were flung into battle.

One of the cavaliers addressed Arris, eager to swiftly get revenge for his countrymen.

"Sir! We can still catch them if we take a diversion!"

1fHyiSC.gif"It is fine. They are inconsequential. What I need you to to do is to send a message to King Raecliff. He will need to know how the exploits in the north are going."

He then pointed to the other horserider.

1fHyiSC.gif"And you. Send for a medic. We may perhaps still be able to save some lives, here."

They both saluted the general, and left for their duties.

"Not much happened, Ryst. We killed some Cabarese and then were chased away by a towering giant in armor, with weapons the likes of which we've never seen before, nor wanted to see up close. So we ran! It was the smartest plan, and we all got to live from it." Ashok sighed. As happy as he was about surviving, he also wasn't the most pleased about having to run. Life's worth more than honor. You're not a soldier, so don't let it get to you.