Skills interfering

You sure? I see most people having Aether + Luna, so why would the other skill combinations work?

... I'm not sure. The only reason why I think they would do that is because luna is a popular offensive skill to have, and aether does that and sol but at the cost of activating half of the time (on average)

The reason why Luna and Aether is recommended is because while only one can proc at any time, their effects are synergistic. Either Aether (which is literally a stronger Luna) procs, or a normal Luna procs. A second, reliable proc is well-worth the skillslot, since it increases the chance that something procs during any combat round, and if Aether fails to do massive damage, you still have the opportunity to do additional damage.

Luna+Ignis follows a similar principle. Luna+Sol is poor because the effects are non-synergistic: as opposed to damage+damage, you're doing damage+recovery; in certain cases where additional damage is prioritized (Apo), Sol's just going to be an interference.

Would Astra fall into the same? I've seen some people recommend Astra+Luna or Astra+Aether (or even Astra+Luna+Aether)

I guess it would, but i have more questions.

That means Luna + ignis is good, right? So what about Sol + Lethality?

And also, if Sol + Astra isn't good, then which one should i have for my Gaius!Nah?

Would Astra fall into the same? I've seen some people recommend Astra+Luna or Astra+Aether (or even Astra+Luna+Aether)

In SOME cases Astra is weaker/not that much better than Luna.

- 80 ATK vs 55 DS = 12

Astra 6 x 5 = 30

Luna 12 + 27(13) = 25

- 80 ATK vs 60 DS+ = 5

Astra = 2 x 5 = 10

Luna = 5 + (30/2/2) = 12

In general its better to just run a damage enchancer, esp when considering that the skillslot is used for Forkgael, LB etc

- 80 ATK vs 55 DS with Tomefaire = 15

Luna = 28(only 2 less damage than Astra's DPS, at twice the chance)

The damage output from the main unit is the least of the concerns because of OP DS anyway

That means Luna + ignis is good, right? So what about Sol + Lethality?

And also, if Sol + Astra isn't good, then which one should i have for my Gaius!Nah?

Sol + Offensive procs is unoptimal because of their different.... uses. Luna + Ignis is used simply because it enchances your offense with 2 simmilar proc

As for Gaius!Nah, Astra only is your best bet

Edited by JSND

In SOME cases Astra is weaker than Luna. In general its better to just run a damage enchancer, esp when considering that the skillslot is used for Forkgael, LB etc

Sol + Offensive procs is unoptimal because of their different.... uses. Luna + Ignis is used simply because it enchances your offense with 2 simmilar proc

As for Gaius!Nah, Astra only is your best bet

Ok, thanks for clearing things up. So for Lonqu!Severa, would it be better to have Astra+Lethality or Sol + filler?

Lon'qu!Severa is a different case because her skillset is radically different from most children

The best bet is Vengeance, Vantage, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, and filler thanks to the sheer consistency alone.

An Astra build can be made, but beetwen the consistency of Vengeance + OPDS, there is not much reason to use it over Vengeance

As for Lethality, the skill is, sadly worthless outside of Streetpass. Shit that is Vulnerable to Lethality is easy to kill anyway

Procstacks with positive Synergy:
Aether+Sol = Consistent Healing [Note the only Sol combo to have positive synergy]
Aether+Luna= Consistent Damage
Aether+Ignis= Consistent Damage
Luna+Ignis= Consistent Damage [not as strong as A/L or A/I]

Aether+Luna+Ignis= Extremely high Proc chance. [Dropping Ignis in favor of a -faire becomes better at ~75 SKL, unless you -need- constant proc, ignoring average output, because you're one of those "OMGERR you don't have 100% not consistent, lucky." people]

Negative synergy: Don't use these combos.

Sol+Vengeance = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage, Reduces power of Vengeance

Aether+Vengeance = Reduces the power of vengeance

Luna+Vengeance (Past ~54 Damage taken) = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Astra+Luna= Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Astra+Ignis= Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Sol+Luna = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Sol+Ignis = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Astra+Sol = Nothing beneficial from them, conflicting uses.

To be fair, Lethality+Anything outside of Apo has positive Synergy, as Lethal has the highest priority and just up and kills the opponent. [it's fairly good for L+ Skirmish (Hello, nearly Apo level enemies who don't have Dragonskin) and Streetpass (both as used by SP team and against them) applications, but other than that, it kinda sucks.]

In Apo, Lethality+Anything has negative synergy, as Lethality does less damage than all actives except 0 power Vengeance and Sol, and has highest priority.

Only 1 skill can proc on an attack. While it kinda "wastes" a skill slot to have more than 1 of the skills, it also gives you extra chances to proc one of them.

Aether + Luna is a good combo because with a 40 SKL stat you have a 20% chance of Aether proc'ing and then if it fails to proc you have a 40% chance for Luna to proc.

So thats a 52% chance for 1 of the skills to proc.

With 50 SKL its a 62.5% chance for 1 of the skills to proc.

Lon'qu!Severa is a different case because her skillset is radically different from most children

The best bet is Vengeance, Vantage, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, and filler thanks to the sheer consistency alone.

An Astra build can be made, but beetwen the consistency of Vengeance + OPDS, there is not much reason to use it over Vengeance

As for Lethality, the skill is, sadly worthless outside of Streetpass. Shit that is Vulnerable to Lethality is easy to kill anyway

Well my Lonqu!Severa is an assassin, so are you sure Vengeance, Vantage, Galeforce, Armsthrift(Dont have Limit breaker), and filler is good? I thought Vantage+Vengeance was for Magers only.

Procstacks with positive Synergy:

Aether+Sol = Consistent Healing [Note the only Sol combo to have positive synergy]

Aether+Luna= Consistent Damage

Aether+Ignis= Consistent Damage

Luna+Ignis= Consistent Damage [not as strong as A/L or A/I]

Aether+Luna+Ignis= Extremely high Proc chance. [Dropping Ignis in favor of a -faire becomes better at ~75 SKL, unless you -need- constant proc, ignoring average output, because you're one of those "OMGERR you don't have 100% not consistent, lucky." people]

Negative synergy: Don't use these combos.

Sol+Vengeance = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage, Reduces power of Vengeance

Aether+Vengeance = Reduces the power of vengeance

Luna+Vengeance (Past ~54 Damage taken) = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Astra+Luna= Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Astra+Ignis= Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Sol+Luna = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Sol+Ignis = Higher Priority Skill does less Damage

Astra+Sol = Nothing beneficial from them, conflicting uses.

To be fair, Lethality+Anything outside of Apo has positive Synergy, as Lethal has the highest priority and just up and kills the opponent. [it's fairly good for L+ Skirmish (Hello, nearly Apo level enemies who don't have Dragonskin) and Streetpass (both as used by SP team and against them) applications, but other than that, it kinda sucks.]

In Apo, Lethality+Anything has negative synergy, as Lethality does less damage than all actives except 0 power Vengeance and Sol, and has highest priority.

This clears so much things up, thanks.