Want easy shiny pokemon? Do the fishing chain

Nobody

Gen IV brought a relative easy way of getting shiny pokemon, the pokeradar. I abused that on diamond and got like 10 shiny pokemon. The pokeradar is back this time, but it's not actually the easiest way to get shiny pokemon anymore. Gamefreak introduced the fishing chain, in which you have to use the rod many times, without missing the "!", and always encountering a pokemon.

There's this guide on gamefaqs that explain how it works:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67572859

I already got two shiny staryus and one shiny clauncher.

It's not that easy for me. I spent the past couple of hours chain fishing and got nothing. I had a chain of 27, and it broke because I reeled in too late. (Which you only seem to have half a second to respond. My reflexes aren't that bad, but they're not great either.)

Sounds like more pain than it's worth, I'd rather just chill, but that's just kinda me as a gamer in general lol, I can't be bothered to be a tryhard/putting in effort to do extra things isn't my thing unless the benefit is super amazing

Found a shiny clauncher at a chain of 35. Too bad I was aiming for a staryu. -_- (I found out I'm better responding to the "DING" sound than to the !! popping up, lol.)

Then I had a chain of 45 break when nothing appeared.

well i will admit i am a bit sad that it is easier to get shinies. they are not as special anymore

I see your point, but for people like me who almost never see a shiny (I've encountered pokerus more often than shinies, and it's supposed to be rarer. -_-) It's a godsend. I really hate it when all my friends have numerous shinies across all their games and I'm like "I caught a shiny fearow in FR. :D "