Best/Worst Mario Party Mini-games

Caster

Can be from any of the Mario Party games, but what mini-games do you enjoy the most, and which do you flat out despise?

For myself, I haven't played Mario Party in a while so I can't exactly pinpoint all my favorites simply because I don't remember a lot of them, but Bumper Balls I enjoy heavily also Hexagon Heat, as well as, I believe Dungeon Duos, as I think it's called I enjoy a lot. I also like Fun Run a lot, for some unknown reason.

Mecha-Marathon is terrible and my most hated Minigame in the series.

How about you?

Edited by Saigyouji Yuyuko

Argh, I know my favorite minigame in the series, but the name of it escapes me! >_< It's from the eighth title. I think the name is King of the Hill or something like that. I'm talking about the one where the four players are divided into pairs and the pairs face off against each other on a mountain. The winners then duke it out on the top to decide the winner of the whole game. It's soooo fun.

hexagon heat is amazing

i forget if it was from mp2 or mp3 but the beat goes on was horribly tedious

I also liked the snowball one in mp3, i forget the name of it though, Snowball Summit?

Yep. I thought of both that and Hexagon heat as stages for Smash Brothers. Because I'm weird like that and think that even if it's nonsensical every Mario Party should give a many game stage to Smash.

Argh, I know my favorite minigame in the series, but the name of it escapes me! >_< It's from the eighth title. I think the name is King of the Hill or something like that. I'm talking about the one where the four players are divided into pairs and the pairs face off against each other on a mountain. The winners then duke it out on the top to decide the winner of the whole game. It's soooo fun.

Though if both winners were on the same team, it ends then and there.

That aside, I hate most button mashing minigames, as well as luck based minigames. Also, I don't like most of the rotate the control stick minigames from the first title. OTOH, I love Mushroom Mix-Up, and Hexagon Heat, as well as Granite Getaway.

Bumper Balls is a family favorite; and for whatever reason, I really love Hide-and-go-BOOM. Also, I forget the name, but that flashlight minigame where you play chicken to see who can get the Chain Chomp closest without getting flattened.

And while I dislike several, The Beat Goes On is the worst.

Face Lift is great. I love it.

Some MP6 ones I also enjoy are Wrasslin' Rapids, and Boo'd Off the Stage.

Mecha-Marathon causes me physical and emotional pain and I will always despise it.

Sneak N' Snore sucks too.

Edited by Saigyouji Yuyuko

Pushy Penguins from MP5 takes the top. Me and my friends were actually just playing today~ You can just play it over and over again, it's so dang fun! I agree with Dungeon Duos, that one is really fun and engaging. Come to think of it, MP4 and MP5 both had great minigames across the board.

I have to acknowledge all the Bowser mini games from MP4, they did a good job at making those tense as heck, I have some real exciting memories of those ones. Never has Bowser been more fearsome, imo.

Least favorite? In the MPDS, Rail Riders is horrendous. Rubbing your stylus that fast across the screen can't be good for it... not to mention I always do terrible T_T

Also, Domination from Mario Party 4 was amazing. My record in that was 139, IIRC.

Heck, I like any mini-game where you button mash the A button. Pump 'N Jump and Will Flower from Mario Party 5 and Pokey Pummel from Mario Party 7 were among my favorites, too.

Edited by ZeeEmm