【東方】 Yet Another Touhou Draft

Scarlet

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's results are brought to you by Kogasa!

- TD Results -

1. Proto
Youmu
Score: 631,893,370
Clear: Yes (1/0)
...oh my, what the...
I refuse to believe this is your first Youmu 1cc. xD
In the PM you implied that you just couldn't be bothered to try very hard, but accidental deaths be damned, this is an awe-inspiringly good scoring run! I'm not even kidding - my jaw dropped when I saw you had gotten nearly double my highest score. xD
You destroyed midboss!Kyouko so hard the game didn't even know what to do. There was literally nothing on-screen for a while. xD
The double accident after midboss!Kogasa looked painful. x_x
I see what you mean by Yoshika being very resistant to cheese, but I like how you still managed to capture her final spellcard despite not even being at full power. xD
So K.O.'d Yoshika in the Seiga boss fight doesn't actually have a collision box. Huh. Good to know. She does, however, have a collision box when she's back to normal, as you demonstrated right after. Ouch. xD"

Aside from that... I really don't have much to say. This run speaks for itself.

Good show. You definitely earned your victory, haha.

2. Kalas
Reimu
Score: 266,914,960
Clear: Yes (0/0)
Not much to say about Stage 1, it was decent enough. You moved much more than necessary in Dance of the Dead Butterflies (basic streaming, yo), but it didn't punish you for doing so, so whatever works. Other than that, you could've stayed a fair bit closer to Yuyuko most of the time with minimal risk involved (to get more spirits), but that's not terribly important outside of scoring if your trance gauge is already full anyway, so this will be the only instance of me pointing this out.
Using trance to collect the green/purple spirits midboss!Kyouko dropped, rather than the ones before or after her, was a slightly odd choice to me, but understandable in hindsight. It's not at all obvious, but if you kill the spirit fairies withhin a certain timeframe (which trance helps immensly with), more of them will appear, usually including those that drop life pieces. So had you used your trance a bit earlier, you could probably have gotten a few extra life pieces! Other than that, though, perfectly decent Stage 2.
The bomb in Stage 3 to collect the two green and purple spirits was unnecessary, I feel, and probably a losing trade. Unlike DDC, using a bomb in TD to achieve a net gain in resources only really works if you use it to quickly kill a lot of bomb/life fairies that you couldn't otherwise kill before they disappear, and only if you don't have trance ready at that time. Good choice on using trance after midboss!Kogasa, though, as unlike Kyouko, this battle was followed by further spirit fairies!
Not sure about using bombs just to avoid timeouts on Yoshika's two healing cards, but alright fight overall. Also, nice deathbomb.
Stage 4... Again, using entire bombs to gain single bomb pieces is a losing trade. Other than that though, not bad. Also, interesting way to handle Seiga's last spellcard!
The trance near the beginning of Stage 5 was a bit too hasty, but you probably realized that yourself right after. xD"
You made up for it with a very well-placed Bomb + Trance combo before the Futo fight, though, nice job! The Futo fight itself felt a little bit sloppy, but you're certainly better at dealing with her non-spells than I am. xD
You could've squeezed in an extra trance after the Stage 6 title display for more points and left yourself in a bad position after the trance you did use (forcing you to use a bomb), but not bad otherwise.
Decent Miko fight aside from her last spellcard. The last spellcard was kind of terrible; all you really need to do is move up and down to misdirect the bullets, so I'm not sure how you lost 2 lives and 4 bombs to it. In fact, with good timing on your movement, you can capture that card completely without horizontal movement, even on Lunatic!

...nonetheless, a solid run overall and certainly an achievement worth being proud of! Congrats on finally 1cc'ing, I knew you could do it!

3. Fera
Marisa
Score: 237,066,920
Clear: Yes (1/8)
Stage 1 was pretty good, no complaints here.
Getting Fairy Kick'd in Stage 2 like a baws! Aside from that, you were pretty slow when it comes to killing the enemies and thus didn't get a lot of spirits.
Stage 3, then again, was pretty good. Nice job capturing Yoshika's first spellcard in particular! Dying to her final spellcard was the only downer to an otherwise pretty good fight.
Stage 4, again, was pretty good, although I feel you could've slipped in an extra trance near the beginning of the stage. But... ...then you died to Seiga's final spellcard. I'm detecting a pattern! xD
(y u no bomb? ;_; )
The Stage 5 midboss spellcard could have been another death. That was one very close dodge there. xD"
The way you handled Futo's non-spells, it doesn't surprise me that you died to the second one. Going with the flow is much safer than trying to squeeze in-between.
Stage 6 was a massively wasted opportunity for your score. You didn't use trance at all, and killing the big fairies directly causes the spirits to not drop anything. :/
A deathbomb during the Miko fight. Wow, you finally used a bomb! xD
Props on "capturing" Miko's dagger non-spell. For some reason I find myself completely unable to deal with it. xD
Chose the quick and dangerous way to deal with the Spheres of Ikaruga spell, but it worked out nicely.
Overall, pretty good Miko fight... ...aside from your death to her final spellcard. I swear this can't be a coincidence. xD

Not a bad run overall, although most of the deaths were just unnecessary. "USE BOMBS WISELY!" ...emphasis on USE bombs wisely. xD

Unranked. Puku
Reimu
Score: 235,237,000
Clear: Yes (?/?)
!! VERSION 1.00a !! (desyncs in 1.00c)

(Would have scored 3 points)
Stage 1 was good enough, although you could've built up a bit more trance had you been a bit faster when it comes to killing the enemies that appeared. The faster you kill an enemy, the more spirits it drops!
You could also have gotten a lot more spirits during the Yuyuko fight (the closer you're to the boss, the more spirits appear). Yuyuko's attacks are pretty much made to allow you to stay very close to her with minimal risk!
...and I can't comment on any of the other stages because every stage but the first keeps desyncing without fail in my game. Sorry about that. ;/

4. ZM
Sanae
Score: 14,734,870
Clear: No (Stage 2 Boss)
Stage 1 was perfectly alright. Just a piece of advice, though: if you feel comfortable doing so, you can sit a lot closer to Yuyuko during the battle with her, as the closer you are to a boss while shooting it, the more spirits it drops, which also helps charge your trance gauge more quickly.
The first half of the Stage 2, including the midboss fight, was likewise perfectly alright. After the midboss encounter, however, you lost a life due to greed. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation by mistake, use a bomb or trance! It would've saved your life.
I couldn't even find much fault with the Kyouko fight in itself; your deaths there were simply due to silly mishaps.

What you need to work on, first and foremost, is your resource management. You didn't use a single bomb or manually activated trance in this entire run, but doing so can very often save your life and get you past bosses that you're not yet comfortable with. This may also be part of the reason why you seem to have so much trouble dealing with situations that take you out of your comfort zone.
Other than that, the only advice I can once again give, is - you probably guessed it - practice. Keep practicing after this draft. A week per game is admittedly just not enough, and like I've said elsewhere before, playing too much in a short timeframe won't get you any further either if it just becomes a chore. Take things at your own pace - the more often you play, the more natural it'll feel and the fewer silly mishaps like those happen. It's very difficult to eliminate them entirely - we all screw up now and then. But you should at some point at least be able to reduce an accident to costing you a bomb/trance rather than a life!

Rankings:

1. Fera: 57 -> 62

2. Proto: 42 -> 52

3. Kalas: 10 -> 17

4. ZM: 0 -> 0

That's it for Round 7. The deadline for DDC is April 23rd. (Updated Timer)

Well, I don't have anything to say, other than "I told you Youmu was good" and "gg wp, Kalas".

Have a Nutella dog.

q7peBRQl.jpg

Ah fuck I forgot to send in my 290M replay oh well lol

Edited by Fera

Today's results are brought to you by Kogasa!

1. Proto

Youmu

Score: 631,893,370

2. Kalas

Reimu

Score: 266,914,960

Clear: Yes (0/0)

Not much to say about Stage 1, it was decent enough. You moved much more than necessary in Dance of the Dead Butterflies (basic streaming, yo), but it didn't punish you for doing so, so whatever works. Other than that, you could've stayed a fair bit closer to Yuyuko most of the time with minimal risk involved (to get more spirits), but that's not terribly important outside of scoring if your trance gauge is already full anyway, so this will be the only instance of me pointing this out.

Using trance to collect the green/purple spirits midboss!Kyouko dropped, rather than the ones before or after her, was a slightly odd choice to me, but understandable in hindsight. It's not at all obvious, but if you kill the spirit fairies withhin a certain timeframe (which trance helps immensly with), more of them will appear, usually including those that drop life pieces. So had you used your trance a bit earlier, you could probably have gotten a few extra life pieces! Other than that, though, perfectly decent Stage 2.

The bomb in Stage 3 to collect the two green and purple spirits was unnecessary, I feel, and probably a losing trade. Unlike DDC, using a bomb in TD to achieve a net gain in resources only really works if you use it to quickly kill a lot of bomb/life fairies that you couldn't otherwise kill before they disappear, and only if you don't have trance ready at that time. Good choice on using trance after midboss!Kogasa, though, as unlike Kyouko, this battle was followed by further spirit fairies!

Not sure about using bombs just to avoid timeouts on Yoshika's two healing cards, but alright fight overall. Also, nice deathbomb.

Stage 4... Again, using entire bombs to gain single bomb pieces is a losing trade. Other than that though, not bad. Also, interesting way to handle Seiga's last spellcard!

The trance near the beginning of Stage 5 was a bit too hasty, but you probably realized that yourself right after. xD"

You made up for it with a very well-placed Bomb + Trance combo before the Futo fight, though, nice job! The Futo fight itself felt a little bit sloppy, but you're certainly better at dealing with her non-spells than I am. xD

You could've squeezed in an extra trance after the Stage 6 title display for more points and left yourself in a bad position after the trance you did use (forcing you to use a bomb), but not bad otherwise.

Decent Miko fight aside from her last spellcard. The last spellcard was kind of terrible; all you really need to do is move up and down to misdirect the bullets, so I'm not sure how you lost 2 lives and 4 bombs to it. In fact, with good timing on your movement, you can capture that card completely without horizontal movement, even on Lunatic!

...nonetheless, a solid run overall and certainly an achievement worth being proud of! Congrats on finally 1cc'ing, I knew you could do it!

Holy what. How is that possible. Okay, I REALLY need to watch that replay.

I need to learn how to stream, like, really bad. I had full trance by the end of stage one???

That probably would have worked better, WELP THE MORE YOU KNOW

I'm not really good :<

Yeah, I can be interesting sometimes I'm only saying this because I honestly don't remember my run that much

I think I did, yeah.

Yeah, doing something right! I don't like Futo, :<

Well I didn't think about that.

It is my first legit 1cc so I think I can get away with it this time. :<

Mission Completed

Well, I don't have anything to say, other than "I told you Youmu was good" and "gg wp, Kalas".

Have a Nutella dog.

q7peBRQl.jpg

Ah fuck I forgot to send in my 290M replay oh well lol

Thanks! ...what does wp mean?

NUTELLA *eats nutella*

no don't. :<

4. ZM

Sanae

Score: 14,734,870

Clear: No (Stage 2 Boss)

Stage 1 was perfectly alright. Just a piece of advice, though: if you feel comfortable doing so, you can sit a lot closer to Yuyuko during the battle with her, as the closer you are to a boss while shooting it, the more spirits it drops, which also helps charge your trance gauge more quickly.

The first half of the Stage 2, including the midboss fight, was likewise perfectly alright. After the midboss encounter, however, you lost a life due to greed. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation by mistake, use a bomb or trance! It would've saved your life.

I couldn't even find much fault with the Kyouko fight in itself; your deaths there were simply due to silly mishaps.

What you need to work on, first and foremost, is your resource management. You didn't use a single bomb or manually activated trance in this entire run, but doing so can very often save your life and get you past bosses that you're not yet comfortable with. This may also be part of the reason why you seem to have so much trouble dealing with situations that take you out of your comfort zone.

Other than that, the only advice I can once again give, is - you probably guessed it - practice. Keep practicing after this draft. A week per game is admittedly just not enough, and like I've said elsewhere before, playing too much in a short timeframe won't get you any further either if it just becomes a chore. Take things at your own pace - the more often you play, the more natural it'll feel and the fewer silly mishaps like those happen. It's very difficult to eliminate them entirely - we all screw up now and then. But you should at some point at least be able to reduce an accident to costing you a bomb/trance rather than a life!

Yeah yeah, practice practice practice...

For DDC, is it alright if I give my spot away to someone like Puku? I don't mind.

Edited by ZeeEmm

Yeah yeah, practice practice practice...

For DDC, is it alright if I give my spot away to someone like Puku? I don't mind.

YES YES YES PLEASE IM SO DESPERATE

My second 1cc was 358 mill. others probably reach 500-700 this time -.-

Haha, see? Now it's an actual competition instead of the top three places always being Proto/Fera/Kalas (not always in that order) and me being last place. They all can 1cc reliably, while I can't get past Stage 2 reliably. :P

Again, I don't mind.

Haha, see? Now it's an actual competition instead of the top three places always being Proto/Fera/Kalas (not always in that order) and me being last place. They all can 1cc reliably, while I can't get past Stage 2 reliably. :P

Again, I don't mind.

Bolded stuff is a lie, that was my first legit 1cc.

Underlined stuff is because you had less than a day of practice, which is hardly optimal.

In short, don't give up.

i managed to gain full live at stage 4 and ended up lost 3 live in stage 4 and 5 and lost 4 lives in last stage.

phatetic, huh?

At least you got to the last stage with more than 2 lives.

Edited by Setsuna Sakurazaki

i managed to gain full live at stage 4 and ended up lost 3 live in stage 4 and 5 and lost 4 lives in last stage.

phatetic, huh?

No, that's awesome. Is is to me, at least.

Bolded stuff is a lie, that was my first legit 1cc.

Underlined stuff is because you had less than a day of practice, which is hardly optimal.

You still 1cced. XP

I've been busy, but I could've practiced any time I could, which was a lot of opportunities.

i even didnt capture any of Sukuna's spells..

if i captured all her spell, i might reached 480 mills.

to be frank, i had so many stupid deaths in stage 5 (3 bombs, died out of stage random bullets)

wait, where to upload DDC replays? =A=

Edited by just an ordinary slacker

You still 1cced. XP

I've been busy, but I could've practiced any time I could, which was a lot of opportunities.

I honestly don't see it happening for DDC though.

Then use your opportunities you have this week, and do the best you can

i even didnt capture any of Sukuna's spells..

if i captured all her spell, i might reached 480 mills.

to be frank, i had so many stupid deaths in stage 5 (3 bombs, died out of stage random bullets)

This goes to both of you: practice. It'll be tough, but I'm sure we can do it.

Come on now, it's the final round anyway. Might as well finish what you started, right?

Although if you really don't feel like going on, I won't judge you if you don't send in a replay.

Thanks! ...what does wp mean?

gg wp = good game well played

wait, where to upload DDC replays? =A=

right here

I'll probably have to watch Proto's replay though I kind of have some kind of idea how he did it sorta

man I'm lazy

What the heck? Not only was I able to beat Fera, but Fera even lost to Kalas-chan??? What happened here?

Yes, this was my first Youmu 1cc but I somehow had all six stages of Practice Mode unlocked with Youmu (apparently, unlocking them with Reimu unlocks them for everybody), which I abused to record enemy locations (I drew diagrams on paper), practice slash timings, and optimize spirit collection for stage parts. It was only yesterday that Fera pointed out that I can abuse Trance to cheese bosses and get a ton of spirits, which I quickly found would easily outweigh stage efforts. So I only had one day to try TD with boss cheesing (with the stage parts nearly optimized from earlier practice) and came up with this.

The fact that Fera actually put effort during bosses (deduced from analysis) and was stingy with bombs implies that he didn't boss cheese. Trust me, if you guys actually tried to cheese through every boss except Stage 3 Yoshika, I'm sure it'd have been really easy to beat my score.

Well, I finally beat Fera, so my purpose in this draft has finally been fulfilled. All that's left is my goal to beat Kalas-chan in DDC...

...this scares me

I actually think this would be a good idea, because you should probably practice easier games on EASY MODO instead of trying to compete in a draft at this stage. DDC puts a strong emphasis on auto-collection, and Seija probably might traumatize you to completely demotivate you from attempting DDC again.

Yes, this was my first Youmu 1cc but I somehow had all six stages of Practice Mode unlocked with Youmu (apparently, unlocking them with Reimu unlocks them for everybody), which I abused to record enemy locations (I drew diagrams on paper), practice slash timings, and optimize spirit collection for stage parts. It was only yesterday that Fera pointed out that I can abuse Trance to cheese bosses and get a ton of spirits, which I quickly found would easily outweigh stage efforts. So I only had one day to try TD with boss cheesing (with the stage parts nearly optimized from earlier practice) and came up with this.

You went as far as to record enemy locations!?

You definitely earned that victory. xD

You went as far as to record enemy locations!?

You definitely earned that victory. xD

It's kinda necessary for Youmu because the slash takes time to charge and cuts her mobility too. Not only was it necessary for scoring, but I'd have to deal with a lot more annoying bullets if I don't slash them early on.

Also, I think whether to slip between the arrows or go with the flow in Futo's non-spells depends on which one you're dealing with. For the first one, you kinda have to go with the flow. For the second, you should go with the flow a bit and then slip between the arrows when the gap is huge. For the last one, the gaps start off huge, so just slip between the arrows the entire time. That's one thing I like about Futo's boss design. All three non-spells are the same, but with varying density, but each of them requires a different optimal strategy for dodging.

Yoshika is resistant to cheese because two of her spells don't drop any spirits, and all of her other attacks make it very difficult to approach her. Seiga is fun to cheese if you can keep killing Yoshika, but you'd have to sacrifice bombs/lives to cheese the entire fight. Futo is also difficult to approach, so bombs+Trance is necessary for cheesing. Miko gives you loads of opportunities to sit in her face though.

Miko's dagger non-spell is the toughest attack in the game imo. I can capture every spell, but that one non-spell destroys me every time. I think I only got past it once, on Practice Mode, because it's an auto-bomb/Trance on Story Mode.