【東方】 Yet Another Touhou Draft

Scarlet

okay then, i'll start ghost drafting in SA,

the only question is... how to upload replay online and can i sent more than one replays/imrprovements until the deadline given?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, my pretty great run of SA was cut short by a butterfly. I had four lives in stage 3, lost three, gained one, died twice in Stage four...

And I didn't save a replay ;n;

okay then, i'll start ghost drafting in SA,

the only question is... how to upload replay online and can i sent more than one replays/imrprovements until the deadline given?

Here!

http://replays.gensokyo.org/upload.html

Edited by Locke Cole

can i sent more than one replays/imrprovements until the deadline given?

Yes, I'll only count the latest one you link me to.

If you have other questions, try checking out the OP. ^^

The nice thing about IN is that its replays play while I'm typing in Notepad.

[spoiler=i got bored of playing sa and decided to poke more fun at my good friend on his third replay]Stage 1: Nothing to write about.

Wriggle: Damn you're a lot more ballsy here than in PCB. Last Spell captured with Yuyuko, aw. I wanted to see you dodge it unfocused, that'd be killer.

Stage 2: In order to gain enough time for Mystia's Last Spell, you've got to let those spirit minions let out their spirits before killing them. Some bring out as much as 7. You're just kind of murdering them as soon as you see them a lot of the time.

Mystia: Nothing really exciting here, other than you might have gotten more time out of Mystia herself had you gone full Youmu. Guess it's true what they say about scoring and Youmu solo. Almost to 7200, ouch. That's gotta sting.

Stage 3: Yuyuko eats fairies for dinner: the stage. That bomb on mid!Keine's nonspell though. Also, exploding spirits when their host dies. That screenclear is so satisfying.

Keine: Masakado Crisis screwup, eh. Doesn't reall-- Whoops, and then you die to the nonspell directly after. That don't look pretty, son. At least you got the Last Spell, though.

Stage 4: Exploding spirits are sooooo satisfying, and this stage has no shortage of them. You coulda probably bombed once for score before mid!Marisa showed up, considering those two fairies drop bombs. Those bombs are being pretty liberally used on mid!Marisa, which isn't bad, I suppose. Makes for a fantastic lightshow.

Marisa: "There's the two of you, so I get two tries!" Wahaha! Sitting still during Master Spark will not bode well for your survival, you gotta groove it to the beat! That method of capturing Earth Light Ray is 100% legit, but it is absolutely friggin scary to pull off. Props.

Stage 5: Bunnies galore, and then you died to Tewi. Good show.

Reisen: Pushing Yuyuko to the corner during Mind Shaker takes forever to capture the card, but at least you captured it. Captured Idling Wave! Awesome. Hardcore Invisible Full Moon attempt, sad it didn't work out.

Stage 6: Okay, Eirin's Stage 6 is definitely harder than Kaguya's. Midboss Eirin herself is fine though. Earth in a Pot is so slooooooooow.

Eirin:
- Memories of a Legendary Age: Kind of reminds me of Star of David. Too bad you died to it.
- Omoikane's Device: meh
- Apollo 13: The impossible card! Well, not impossible per se, but seriously difficult. Criss-crossing 2hard4us.
- Astronomical Entombing: This is a really challenging card, considering Youmu can't clear the spirits too well and Yuyuko hits for twaddleon Eirin herself.
- Hourai Elixir: Hourai Elixir. Nuf said. Fuggin wow.

Damn you're a lot more ballsy here than in PCB.

This is likely because I was trying to Youmu solo during Wriggle until her final spell.

Last Spell captured with Yuyuko, aw. I wanted to see you dodge it unfocused, that'd be killer.

I was already Yuyuko at that point, so might as well collect the graze.

Stage 2: In order to gain enough time for Mystia's Last Spell, you've got to let those spirit minions let out their spirits before killing them. Some bring out as much as 7. You're just kind of murdering them as soon as you see them a lot of the time.

That would explain why I was only able to unlock her Last Spell using Youmu solo, because Youmu takes quite some time to reach the fairies and kill them.

Mystia: Nothing really exciting here, other than you might have gotten more time out of Mystia herself had you gone full Youmu. Guess it's true what they say about scoring and Youmu solo. Almost to 7200, ouch. That's gotta sting.

I shifted based on the gauge. If it was at 100%, I stick to Yuyuko. If it hits -50%, I switch to Youmu. Exception is her final spell which was too dense for the fast Youmu.

Stage 3: Yuyuko eats fairies for dinner: the stage. That bomb on mid!Keine's nonspell though. Also, exploding spirits when their host dies. That screenclear is so satisfying.

I tried to Youmu solo the non-spell for Time. It failed horribly.

Keine: Masakado Crisis screwup, eh. Doesn't reall-- Whoops, and then you die to the nonspell directly after. That don't look pretty, son. At least you got the Last Spell, though.

I think this was the first and only time I screwed up Masakado Crisis this year. The non-spell after that can get annoying sometimes. Yuyuko doesn't have a lot of power so these stuff tend to drag on for too long.

Stage 4: Exploding spirits are sooooo satisfying, and this stage has no shortage of them. You coulda probably bombed once for score before mid!Marisa showed up, considering those two fairies drop bombs. Those bombs are being pretty liberally used on mid!Marisa, which isn't bad, I suppose. Makes for a fantastic lightshow.

None of the bombs were pre-planned. They were all either deathbombs or panicbombs.

Marisa: "There's the two of you, so I get two tries!" Wahaha! Sitting still during Master Spark will not bode well for your survival, you gotta groove it to the beat! That method of capturing Earth Light Ray is 100% legit, but it is absolutely friggin scary to pull off. Props.

If I didn't panicbomb to Master Spark, I probably would've legitimately captured it, since I wasn't actually in danger. As for Earth Light Ray, well, I like tight gaps. I'm more comfortable inside the really tight gaps than out in the open where anything could kill you. Still, though, if the laser decided to screw me over, I might've been forced to get out of the tight gaps, which would've been much messier.

Stage 5: Bunnies galore, and then you died to Tewi. Good show.

Silly screwups happen

Reisen: Pushing Yuyuko to the corner during Mind Shaker takes forever to capture the card, but at least you captured it. Captured Idling Wave! Awesome. Hardcore Invisible Full Moon attempt, sad it didn't work out.

Hey, I didn't know the actual way of dodging Invisible Full Moon!

Eirin:

- Memories of a Legendary Age: Kind of reminds me of Star of David. Too bad you died to it.

I chose Eirin over Kaguya because I can consistently capture three of her spells. Among them were Memories of a Legendary Axe and Revival: Game of Life, both of which I've failed >_>

- Apollo 13: The impossible card! Well, not impossible per se, but seriously difficult. Criss-crossing 2hard4us.

You hate criss-crossing bullets. I don't mind them. Still easy to screw up on.

- Astronomical Entombing: This is a really challenging card, considering Youmu can't clear the spirits too well and Yuyuko hits for twaddleon Eirin herself.

I can consistently capture it with Marisa Solo (yes, I tried some Marisa solo during this draft just to make sure it wasn't just my skills getting rusty) but Netherworld Team has it really tough.

- Hourai Elixir: Hourai Elixir. Nuf said. Fuggin wow.

Second Hourai Elixir capture in my life :D Edited by Railgun

yep, my first Ghost-draft ^_^

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=32632

and yes, i admit i screwed up a lot in last 2 stage due to panic, and died 1 stupid non-spell death on utsuho..meh -A-

You're supposed to PM to RAYKITTY~, unless he doesn't allow ghost drafts, in which case you should wait for the round to end before you post yours.

Also, wow, you rolled ReimuA for SA? That's really lucky!

Do you plan to try the previous games as well?

I have a cheatsheet for ReimuA Stage 5, if you want, since a lot of people throw in the towel (cough cough cough) at this point.

RAYKITTY = Scarlet, probably best known as Raymond.

Puku-chan, are you gonna try the previous games as well?

As for the cheat sheet,

[spoiler=Rin Guide, click to enlarge]hMmGM9g.jpg

Many of these are quite difficult to pull off. You'll want Practice Mode for this. But that would require clearing Stage 5, which is really difficult. Alternatively, you can use Continues and keep practicing Stage 5 until you start mastering these. The only problem is that I'd consider Cat Rin's stuff to be tougher than boss Rin (with the sole exception of Needle Mountain, which I'd still consider easier than Catwalk), so you have trouble trying to use Continues to practice the easier stuff (Boss Rin's first two non-spells, Zombie Fairies, Spleen Eater, final spell).

Edited by Railgun

I'm willing to bet that he actually got hit by something else; if she had a hitbox, I would have found it, no matter how small it may be. Trust me. xD

Nope

It's only active for a brief period of time though.

What the fuuu...

Actually, though, to me it looks like he got hit by the effect of the spellcard being activated rather than Parsee herself (his hitbox didn't even touch her sprite!). Although that being lethal is just as staggering a discovery. xD