Shadow Dragon "K" or: how I learned to stop hitting and love the Weapon Triangle

Kysafen

Title pending, but it's pretty self-explanatory. The future of this project hinges on public feedback.

Basics: Shadow Dragon "K" or: how I learned to stop hitting and love the Weapon Triangle is a result of this thread being a result of my utter dissatisfaction in Shadow Dragon's implementation of the Weapon Triangle as a whole. So I did a couple of lazy Nightmare edits and broke the game to make it stupid-easy on Normal. Right. Like you guys'n'gals play this game on Normal/H1 anyway.

In any case, this hack's ultimate goal is to give incentive to actually using the weapon triangle for dodging. And I bumped up the critical hit rate of most weapons by least 5 because

1. 2RNG makes it even less of a chance to get a critical in this game
  2. Less hit=less of a chance to crit=more incentive to hit/miss=more incentive for WTA
  3. I liked Thracia 776, shoot me.

Now of course this patch isn't going to be perfect (it's at v0.14, for fuck's sake). I'm expecting to be bombarded with criticism, so all I ask is that it's constructive.

Will update with a changelist soon, but in the meantime, here's the XDelta UI-compatible patch:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ctj04qxgnjlw53x

What I want to know is

1. How does this affect the balance of the units you'd use typically? Does it make otherwise nigh-pointless units (Radd/Caesar/Rickard) more usable, or less?

2. Is it now more favorable to go onto superior terrain, or the same/less? And does this lessen the tactical influence of flying units?

3. How much greater incentive does this patch give to WTA? Game-changing, or negligible?

4. Are bows more usable, or less?

Suggestions and criticism are more than welcome.

In any case, this hack's ultimate goal is to give incentive to actually using the weapon triangle for dodging. And I bumped up the critical hit rate of most weapons by least 5 because

1. 2RNG makes it even less of a chance to get a critical in this game

Forgive me if I'm making a wrong assumption about your statement, but, uh... True Crit isn't a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if I'm making a wrong assumption about your statement, but, uh... True Crit isn't a thing.

Yeah. I'm pretty sur that crits only use one rn in every fire emblem game.