Units that stand out only in one route?

Espinosa

For the 7 Turn I retreated southwest from the DV point and switched to Kaze lead so he could continue gaining EXP for his level up. Ryoma kept moving forward each turn and killed the majority of enemies in the center of the map. Hinoka and Ryoma killed the enemies at the top of the map and Ryoma chased down the last Faceless on Turn 7 Other Phase, which barely resulted in getting the 7 turn.

I finished a silly Lunatic Nohr LTC last month, but I used several Visitor Items. Mostly just the statboosters and a few of the low ranked weapons + Vanished Disaster Staff. There's several improvements to be made, but for a first run it wasn't a bad attempt. https://docs.google.com/document/d/11u3mOesj2jaHdgvD-lTwAkGFLlNRILeeCO1UWl80iic/edit

Paladin!Jakob, Paladin/Trueblade!Kamui, Luna, Xander, Camilla were all important units in the run. I was playing last night and Zero's Pass skill in the endgame is largely superfluous as you can simply use a Draw staff charge to remove a general out of the way for a 1 turn. You'd still need to set up a double dance for a mounted staff user to use Vanished Disaster on a bosskiller. The only way Pass helps is by offering a 100% chance of reaching the boss as the Draw staff can miss and screw you over to starting Ch27 again.

What was your Kamui build?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think +Mag/-Lck is one of the best Kamui builds, but for the LTC I used Trueblade Kamui with +Str/-Lck. It was on impulse because I was paranoid about the Ch25 being too difficult so I picked a class with a fast speed cap for me to never use it outside of the very lategame. lol

Gwim had some strat that 1 turns the map I think. You could also just bring another unit like Xander and have him get drawn to a different room and then weaken the boss.

I realize that the whole 1 pair thing isn't going to work. I think the dude in the video grinded anyways.

By the time Avatar reaches Ch27 boss from one room, units from other rooms should also be nearby.

When we have many units, beating the boss in one turn will be easy even with Dark Blood.

Lol Ignis

It's okay, everyone forgets about Ignis...

Since it only works with the amount of skill that you have!

Why must we solo the ch27 boss and final boss?

Im just looking for the easiest way to beat the chapter lol.

Which route?!

On Nohr, it could be difficult with the AI that tries to overwhelm you there with Kamikaze Faceless on harder difficulties and hoping to have good enough Avoid or the Silence Staff that you get in Ch25 to deal with the Misfortune and Sin Mountain Priest by the boss. The boss can be dealt with Avatar as his/her Personnel negates some of the reduced damage from Dragonskin.

On Hoshido, it's a joke that you can actually Misfortune and Sin the boss.

-----

...And your forgetting...

-Flora

-Fuuga

-Yukimura

Who they can be used to some extent as Flora should only be healing, Fuuga should reclass, Yukimura can assist rather well with a Saizou Shuriken.

Asura/Asyura/that prepromoted outlaw guy is at his best in IK route. He joins in chapter 22 Hoshido, chapter 16 Nohr, and chapter 15 IK. But in IK he joins with bases similar to what he has in Hoshido when he joins. Gives him a nice leg up on his competition.

Ohhh totally this. IK Asyura is kinda absurd. Same bases as his late game Hoshido counterpart and Lucky 7. He can last for most of IK at base. He gains like no exp so he's more like a really potent filler unit.

For Hoshido it would be something like (Assuming Jakob is first otherwise Deere is last)

Matoi > Sophie > Shigure > Deere > Grey > Shinonome > Kinu > Hisame > Kanna > Midoriko > Mitame > Kisagre > Shara

For Nohr it would be something like (Assuming Jakob is first otherwise Deere is last)

Lutz > Velour > Shigure > Foleo > Deere > Sophie > Eponine > Siegbert > Midoriko > Ophelia > Kanna > Soliel (I feel like I'm missing someone here...)

For IK it would be something like

Father that isn't bad > Bad Father

Out of curiosity, would you mind explaining your reasonings on these in-game placements. I think I understand most of them: I just want to make sure, as well as clarify on the few ones I'm surprised about.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot that you had already discussed this on reddit about a week ago… sorry…

Edited by astrophys

With the regards to IK Asyura, going Beserker may actually pull him out of potent filler status. I remember seeing it mentioned here by like Duke or someone like that and at first I was pretty skeptical, but then I saw the reclass bonuses. +7 Hp, +8(!!!) Str, -6 Mag, +1 Skl, -1 Spd, -2 Luck, +2 Def, - 8 Res. That puts base Asyura at 41/28/5/24/26/13/16/16 and he has Mov+1 and Lucky 7. That is just wow. Of course E axes sucks a lot but that is the only thing Asyura needs to concern himself with in IK since he is so overleveled, and you could also use the chapter 10 Arm Scroll.

Out of curiosity, would you mind explaining your reasonings on these in-game placements. I think I understand most of them: I just want to make sure, as well as clarify on the few ones I'm surprised about.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot that you had already discussed this on reddit about a week ago… sorry…

It is fine I'll go back over my reasoning here so that other people can see.

For Hoshido it is something like

Matoi is in a great class and Baki is a good unit for the main game. Sophie is in a slightly worse class, but Silas is a better unit than Baki. Shigure is in a great class and comes from a great mother...aside from the existence issue. Deere has a good dad and has some flexibility in what he does depending on his mom. He can go Strategist if his mom was magical, or Butler/Paladin if his mom was physical. Grey is in a pretty good class and Saizou is a pretty great unit, Grey is just a little redundant since you have 3 other ninjas and it is hard for Grey to differentiate himself from them considering he joins much later than the rest. Shino has some pretty great combat, but will show up pretty late given Ryoma's join time and he is the only child with an opportunity cost. Kinu's bulk and combat are pretty sketch, but beastbane is cool. Hisame is just alright in everything to the point of fault. Kanna is Kamui without all the things that make Kamui one of the best units, and her stats are pretty lacking. Midoriko is in a bad class with not really noteable combat. Her money making abilities aren't useful here given the amount of money Hoshido gives you. Kisagre is 100% outclassed by his father. Joins past the point where a bow user is really appreciated early game. Shara requires you using Yomi.

For Nohr it is something like

Lutz is in one of the best classes and his father joins incredibly early. Velour's combat performance is pretty ridiculous and she has the Guard Stone if she needs to take a sketch enemy phase, joins a kinda late though. Shigure is similar to his Hoshido self except with the utility of a Falcon Knight more appreciated but with his existence problems amplified. Foleo has a horse, staves and magic. Winning combination right there. Deere is the same reasoning as him in Hoshido. Sophie as similar reasoning as her Hoshido self, but the other kids will outperform her. She is still great though. Eponine has the Adventurer utility and pretty good combat with the magic bow. Siegbert is alright, but hindered by Charlotte not getting trained most of the time. Midoriko's combat and class are still bad here though her money making abilities are nice(but not needed if you're smart with your money). Ophelia is hindered by Odin being her dad and mother options. Kanna is the same reasoning as in Hoshido. Soliel comes from a meh father and is in a meh class line, not doing much here. lol Ignis.

For IK

Unit viability is pretty wonky here and kids are tied to their dads so if their dad sucks then they will suck since they made you use a bad unit. Out of all the kids, Kanna, Shigure, Deere, Shinonome, Siegbert, Foleo, Shara, Kisagre, Velour, Sophie, Matoi, Midoriko, Hisame, and Kinu that come from good fathers. Then out of that weeding out the bad kids left with Shigure, Deere, Shino, Siegbert, Foleo, Shara, Velour, Sophie, and Matoi. So I would order that as Shigure > Deere > Matoi > Shara > Foleo > Velour > Shino > Sophie > Siegbert. You could arrange the others as you please.

I must be dumb, since I don't get the meaning of "Shigure....existence problems"

While I won't dispute or anything, and it might be a bit of the wrong topic, would you happen to have a list of "classes from better to not as better"?

...And it might be a bit complicated as well, but I dunno....

Edited by CocoaGalaxy