Roy, The Young Lion!

Tangerine

Was this done with colored pencils? The shading is incredible (especially his hair) and the attention to detail is everywhere (the folding in the cloth.). This almost looks 3D! The longer I look at this, the more I am impressed. Bravo!

Edited by Shaman

It does look like colored pencil. I agree that the head seems a little small, but other than that this is pretty well done. Getting that level of detail with coloring and shading in /colored pencil/ is fucking amazing. Good work.

Didn't expect there to be replies on my drawing!

Thank you guys for the compliments; it really, really means a lot to me!

In terms of the drawing, this is done with colored pencil. Some of the shading took forever to get done though X) However, I do know that there are various distortions in the drawing. I finished this drawing over the last weeks of December without knowing about the contest. It just happened to be a coincidence that I made this drawing and I happened to run into this contest. Therefore, I'm just happy to receive some feedback on my work! :lol:

His face might seem a bit small, but his hair certainly balances that out. Also, his hair is magnificently shaded. Did you use an eraser to make the white outline?

How big is this drawing? What are the dimensions?

Edited by Shaman

His face might seem a bit small, but his hair certainly balances that out. Also, his hair is magnificently shaded. Did you use an eraser to make the white outline?

How big is this drawing? What are the dimensions?

Thank you once again :)

No, I used a white colored pencil to add the white outline. I had to go over it several times to get it to stand out because I wasn't going to originally add it. The drawing is on 9 X 12 paper :)

You are all pointing to his head, while the handle and the blade are on two separate lines, and the arm joints look so funny.

Still, that shading is pretty damn good.

You are all pointing to his head, while the handle and the blade are on two separate lines, and the arm joints look so funny.

Still, that shading is pretty damn good.

Thanks.

As I had mentioned before, I am aware that the drawing has various distortions. Though I appreciate the critique as it does point out flaws that I should focus on for future drawings! :)

Gorgeous work~ The attention to detail, the balance of color and shading between the landscape and all of Roy is just lovely. (And inspiring too!)

Please share those future drawings! ^_^

Gorgeous work~ The attention to detail, the balance of color and shading between the landscape and all of Roy is just lovely. (And inspiring too!)

Please share those future drawings! ^_^

Never would think that my work could inspire somebody...This made my day! Thank you so much! ☺️

I feel a bit more confident now so I'll make sure I share future works!

Very well drawn! I wish I could capture Roy this well!

I also wish I drew the sword of seals in my picture as well as you have

Fantastic colouring!

Thank you! ☺️

As for the Sword of Seals, drawing and coloring was a bit tricky but I guess patience was the key. Though I didn't notice the alignment was off until I had traced everything in ink pen..

At least I know to be careful with alignments for the next drawing ?

Edited by EnigmaticTwilight