Dr. Strangelove

Metal Rabbit

Another good example of using randomness to distract people from serious discussion. Possibly one of the only qualities about you I disapprove of Adam.

You people arguing makes my skin hurt. I haven't seen much idiocy other than the stuff we normally see. I honestly think you're worrying too much Lyle.

Edited by Adam

You people arguing makes my skin hurt. I haven't seen much idiocy other than the stuff we normally see. I honestly think you're worrying too much Lyle.

Don't click on topics like that then, plain and simple.

I shouldn't have to tell that to a former moderator.

Edited by Cynthia

What ticks me off is that everything was a okay till Lyle went and made that "OMFG WE'RE TENSE!" topic. There wasnt anyfighting. just typical random threads and what not. Lyle comes along, makes this topic which i believe he had other intentions for making said topic and now everyone is tense and arguing. THIS is why these stupid topics should not be made in the first place!

What ticks me off is that everything was a okay till Lyle went and made that "OMFG WE'RE TENSE!" topic. There wasnt anyfighting. just typical random threads and what not. Lyle comes along, makes this topic which i believe he had other intentions for making said topic and now everyone is tense and arguing. THIS is why these stupid topics should not be made in the first place!

And this topic radiates intelligence?

And this topic radiates intelligence?

arc was merely trying to take the focus off of the topic that was causing tension, you may not agree with it or think its "smart" or "logical" but I understand arc maybe more than anyone else here besides mac. I know what his intentions were.

arc was merely trying to take the focus off of the topic that was causing tension, you may not agree with it or think its "smart" or "logical" but I understand arc maybe more than anyone else here besides mac. I know what his intentions were.

To be honest, the only reason the topic was causing the extra tension was because people were posting things in it to try and make Lyle look like a fool.

Lyle himself was pretty calm about it. It wasn't until you came and said his topic was pointless did things go down hill, we actually had some serious discussion going.

Distracting people from serious discussion does not solve the problem, it merely makes it go away for a while, and when it comes back, it's mostly worse.

Learn to ignore topics instead of just trying to either derail them, or direct attention away from them.

Seriously, MaSu, you're a veteran, and Adam, you're a former moderator. Why do I have to tell either of you that you need to learn to ignore things?

Did it ever occur to you that "distracting people out of serious discussion" isn't always (or ever) a good thing? Distractions like these prevent solutions and that's why this stuff happens over and over again.

One thing this place needs to learn is how to let things resolve and there's a few things done here that constantly prevent anything from being resolved.