Haar

Knife

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zihark then? Make him go with the Mercs by talking to Lethe/Mordecai. He can't use axes either, so he won't use it.

Granted, it's weakening the DB, but you could always support Volug and Nolan together and Tauroneo isn't that bad.

Edited by Captain Falcon

if there was a hand to hand fight between haar and chuck norris, haar would win.

NO!!!!!! Never. But it would be a cool fight to watch. And the fact that CN wouldn't kill him immediately is saying something.

Haar is awsome. He rides a dragon, wears an eyepatch, and sleeps a lot. Let me repeat that, he rides a Dragon, a frickin' dragon. And he's like a pirate. A lazy, dragon-riding pirate. Heck yeah! But Jill is better if you take the time to train her (no huge res. problem, unlike Haar).

Kieran's useful for the, what, 2 chapters he's in before leaving for a billion years. When he comes back, he's underleveled and is almost unuseable.

If you're complaining about Haar's caps, why would you even bother with Titania's obviosuly inferior Gold Knight caps? Haar can fly, has better caps, and he'll probably be around the same level.

Haar's the best candidate.

Almost unuseable? Lolwut? Considering you were able to get him even just a few levels by the time Marauders ends, he's a bit underleveled but easily usable. By the time part 4 and endgame come around, he wants the Brave Axe just as much.

Alright. I wasn't saying she's a better character, just that she might want that Axe.

Good point. You could even use Jill to transfer it over (Wait... Who recruits her again? Oh, it's on the tip of my tounge... I know it... Oh yeah! Haar!)

That transfer as a whole is unlikely. Jill and Zihark are great DB members and Micaiah needs that help. Plus, Jill rapes laguz with Brave Axe + Beastfoe.

Anyone rapes Laguz with Beastfoe. Nolan rapes them with Crossbows, which are much less expensive.

Also, Kieran joins at level 11. If you raise all of your units equally in that chapter while striving to get maximum BEXP, he'll probably only gain a level.

2-E comes. Kieran and the gang come pretty late, and the armors that appear have good defense. He might gain 1-2 levels. So, he's at 13-14 right now.

Flash all the way to Marauders. Kieran's not doing very good, is he? Those Swordmasters and Archers keep bombing him. He may gain 1-2 levels. So, now he's at 15-16.

And then the groups meet. Oscar is probably 19-20 by this point, and Titania is already promoted, probably at 20/3.

So, he's 4-5 levels lower than Oscar with probably no supports built up, and he's 8~ lower than Titania. Both will have full supports by that time.

I stretched the truth a bit, but he's still quite inferior to Titania and Oscar.

Don't forget his bad speed.

I think he's a bit overrated, but a great character nonetheless.

Titania is over-rated.

Haar is not.

His speed is tolerable. It may not be as great as Jill, buts its about average. Fast enough to not be doubled, and perhaps fast enough to double.

Anyone rapes Laguz with Beastfoe. Nolan rapes them with Crossbows, which are much less expensive.

Also, Kieran joins at level 11. If you raise all of your units equally in that chapter while striving to get maximum BEXP, he'll probably only gain a level.

2-E comes. Kieran and the gang come pretty late, and the armors that appear have good defense. He might gain 1-2 levels. So, he's at 13-14 right now.

Flash all the way to Marauders. Kieran's not doing very good, is he? Those Swordmasters and Archers keep bombing him. He may gain 1-2 levels. So, now he's at 15-16.

And then the groups meet. Oscar is probably 19-20 by this point, and Titania is already promoted, probably at 20/3.

So, he's 4-5 levels lower than Oscar with probably no supports built up, and he's 8~ lower than Titania. Both will have full supports by that time.

I stretched the truth a bit, but he's still quite inferior to Titania and Oscar.

True Nolan rapes them more with a Crossbow, not true on the price, considering the Brave Axe is free and you have to buy a Crossbow if you want Nolan to have one in part 3.

Even by your own comparison, I can't see how he's unusable at all. Underleveled is not usuable. He still has two chapters before part 4 to grow a few more levels, and you might even have a Master Crown laying around for him. Besides how good Kieran is doesn't really mean much here. Haar is better anyway. The point is that by the time the Brave Axe is available to them, Kieran needs it just as much, possibly more as a result of being a bit underleveled.

Let's stop this here and let it go on officially later.

Titania is over-rated.

Haar is not.

His speed is tolerable. It may not be as great as Jill, buts its about average. Fast enough to not be doubled, and perhaps fast enough to double.

Overrated =/= bad, and what does Titania have to do with that?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I must've done something seriously wrong on my last playthrough cause Kieran was only level 13 when he joined the GMs. He's usually higher but for some reason, he turned out a lot lower. If you're going for max bexp in 2-3, none of them should be gaining a level. Why would you put Kieran up against swordmasters? There are 3 lance users on his team who can take care of them. And the archers are easy. Kieran's got hand axes so he can counterattack.

Why are you brining Oscar into this? We all know that all the CRKs will be inferior to the GMs when they join but being inferior doesn't mean they're unusable. Stick paragon on them, use bexp, give them some mooch kills, whatever. It's easy to catch them up. I got Marcia and Calill to grow 5-6 levels each on 3-11. Sure they need favouritism but its the game's fault for giving them such horrible availability. You do what you can to get them up to par.

The reasons why I think Haar is the best:

vs the Herons - together, they may be better, but them each don't have as much availability as Haar (Leanne only in Part 2, Reyson only in Part 4, Rafiel only in Dawn Brigade). They also have amazing offense (by making others having more offense), but their defenses suck.

vs Ike, Haar has some Part 2 hax, a vast mobility advantage, a time where he runs around at Tier 3 while Ike is trying to figure out how to promote...

vs the Royals, Haar is basically superhax for longer than they are. Being amazing for a much longer time > being overkill for a rather short time. Oh, and Haar has 1~2 range and doesn't afraid of anything.

Haar is awesome, and if you save the Speedwings you get for him, it will remedy some of the Speed issues he has. He's always been an integral part of my team from when I get him.

He only really loses his luster in 4-E-4, when everything starts doing magic-based damage and can move the length of the field in one turn (goddamn Spirits) or hit him from a mile away (goddamn

Sephiran

), and thus targets him due to his abysmal Resistance stat. In 4-E-3, he's still pretty useful, since as pretty much everyone can double all the enemies except

Dheginsea

Why are you brining Oscar into this? We all know that all the CRKs will be inferior to the GMs when they join but being inferior doesn't mean they're unusable. Stick paragon on them, use bexp, give them some mooch kills, whatever. It's easy to catch them up. I got Marcia and Calill to grow 5-6 levels each on 3-11. Sure they need favouritism but its the game's fault for giving them such horrible availability. You do what you can to get them up to par.

That's babying. Babying = Bad in debates. I was proving that Kieran probably won't come to the Endgame, and won't fight Haar for the Brave Axe.

The reasons why I think Haar is the best:

vs the Herons - together, they may be better, but them each don't have as much availability as Haar (Leanne only in Part 2, Reyson only in Part 4, Rafiel only in Dawn Brigade). They also have amazing offense (by making others having more offense), but their defenses suck.

vs Ike, Haar has some Part 2 hax, a vast mobility advantage, a time where he runs around at Tier 3 while Ike is trying to figure out how to promote...

vs the Royals, Haar is basically superhax for longer than they are. Being amazing for a much longer time > being overkill for a rather short time. Oh, and Haar has 1~2 range and doesn't afraid of anything.

I was under the impression you hadn't played this game?

The major reason I see Ike as better is Speed. Haar rarely doubles without some luck, yet Ike starts doubling and can get an easy transfer as well. The next big thing is endgame. Haar starts lagging there without a Brave Axe, but Ike is fine with his unbreakable Ragnell and has to kill two bosses.

I'm not sure his playing the game matters when he's right.

Besides, it's Mekkah. He doesn't need to play to know his shit. ;D

Also Haar has his entire utility in the P and E chapters of Part II over Ike. And the entire flier utility thing and the entire level lead thing.

Edited by Nathan Graves

Haar is in part 1? That's news to me.

And he hardly has a level lead. They both start at level 11 and both have 2 chapters alone before joining. He might have a single level on Ike because of 2-E, but that's it.

A single level? Are you _joking_. Hell, he probably gains about 60% of a level up during P, at the very least, and he'll be doing a lot of killing in E to go pretty well beyond that. 2-E is a huge chapter.

A single level? Are you _joking_. Hell, he probably gains about 60% of a level up during P, at the very least, and he'll be doing a lot of killing in E to go pretty well beyond that. 2-E is a huge chapter.

If he kills the boss in 2-P, which Marcia needs it more if she is to be used. Even then, he'll get more like 50 experience in total. I mentioned 2-E, but it's not like he gains 40 experience per kill. He grows rather slowly. Ike also has two chapters to grow where he can gain a level or two before Haar's arrival.