The Wii disc cleaner thing FINALLY came

CGV

BUT IT ISN'T WORKING!!! I've tried three times, but nothing has changed... All the main instructions are in japanese so I don't know what the details are, but the pictures are helping me on what to do...

I WANT TO FIX OUR WII!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck... I don't want to send it in to Nintendo. It'll take forever to get it back....

Strong magnets should do the trick.

really? we dont have any, but those screws are soo damn tight, how would it work?

I think you'd put the magnet on the screw and turn the magnet.

oh, still not sure if it would work. Fox and I were seriously using all our might to loosen those tiny screws. But I got nothing else to do...

Using magnets is a terrible idea, as it has the potential to mess up the system. Secondly the screws are made specifically with three prongs to prevent people from opening up their system and messing with it.

This is referring to the internal screws.

Edited by Cynthia

If it's a tri-wing screw, user a tri-wing screwdriver >.> Alternatively, I've gotten the three-nose screws to open with those small metallic screw drivers with the round, rotatable base. Just get the right size and a flathead should wedge in between one of the three indentions, allowing enough force to tighten or loosen the screw :/

You could also use the cheap mans tri-wing the bic pen. Just take the bic penlid and hold it at a desk lamp...when it starts to melt stick it into the tri-wing screw and wait for it to set. You can now unscrew it.

The instructions for the lens cleaner do have pcitures you should be able to follow. You did remember to move it about, right?

For the record, I've sent my Wii in for repairs before, and it only takes a few days, depending on the problem, to get your system back. It's not that big of a deal to send it in, and if you care about that warrantee of yours, it's your best option.

My guess is they have homebrew or some other illicit/illegal Roms/Channels.

Since he mentioned he was having issues opening the console, I'm guessing he hasn't modded anything in it. That said, opening the case for the Wii will void your warrantee, and frankly, I advise against it anyway. You shouldn't try to fuck around with a system's internal bits unless you have a good idea of what you're doing.

For the record, I've sent my Wii in for repairs before, and it only takes a few days, depending on the problem, to get your system back. It's not that big of a deal to send it in, and if you care about that warrantee of yours, it's your best option.

what if it's expired?

Why would you go and ruin it like that? D:

Ike missed with a 99 against the BK... I didn't take it lightly

It just broke when I was playing. Don't know what happened

We've had our GC for 5 years and PS2 for 6 years and they're fine, which is odd

what if it's expired?

You might be paying more for repairs due to "misuse"* if you do have to send it in. I'm pretty sure with this and the melting GPU (which why Wiiconnect24 and standby are bad, bad things**) if you can argue the point about it being a known fault you'll get the repair for free. Depends on the person on the other end of the line :(

Just say Brawl is causing it and since the advice given was to send it in go with that. It'll be a week or two and Nintendo will pay the delivery. I'm not sure if they'll open the system or just swap it for another system and tranfer the Wii shop account.

Its a bit of a joke. They say "back up all your saves because we won't bother to transfer them" and then you can't back up half of them. Homebrew gets around that with savegame extractor (Nintendo are busy people, they won't scan the system for evidence of the chanel but best its off the menu and are not allowed to read the message board***) even if you do have to jump through a few hoops to get Mario Kart functioning online again (something like make a new profile on a new save, get that online then reinstal your old save).

*-There are two tariffs. Repair and misuse (basically you decided to pour water on the system or milk into the disc drive).

**-Sure in standby it uses one watt but if you turn on Wii connect24 that goes up to something like 10 watts but the fan won't be on causing parts to get hot...the system when running at full power uses up 17 watts for referance. I alway find it funny how people complain about the blue wii connect 24 light waking them at 3AM. Heres a clever idea "don't be lazy, turn the system off at the mains!"

***-Hold down + and - on remote when powering up. There will be no message board logs made for that power cycle plus you can't read the message board. Reading message board, looking at miis these are all invasions of privacy.

Edited by Starwolf_UK