Rate the Engage DLC Unit

Guidelines:

2.1.) mention the diffculty on which you rate the unit 

2.2.) what classes your unit went through, what skills they had and so on; don´t consider obviously suboptimal builds.

2.3.) no DLC rings, no non-unit DLC bonuses

2.4.) no grinding in skirmishes

2.5.) no rng abuse (no resetting for bond rings)

2.6.) cooking is allowed

2.7.) ratings to be given in the format X/10

2.8.) if it isn´t mentioned above, it´s fair game

2.9.) no "Kagetsu exists and obsoletes Lapis, 0/10", explain your rating

2.10.) DLC rings may be considered

Average stat calculator: Average Stats - Fire Emblem: Engage (FE17) (triangleattack.com)

Nel

Spoiler

Class: Fell Child

Lvl   HP    STR   MAG   DEX   SPD     DEF    RES   LCK   BLD

Bases:          20    35      14      12        17      19       14        15      16      8

Growths:      /      55     30      25       40      45      30        35     30     10

Personal Skill: If foe initiates combat against Rafal, grants Crit+10 to unit for 1 turn.

Innate Proficiency: Lance

SP: 2000

Support Bonuses:

C    Hit+10
B    Hit+10
A    Hit+10
S    Hit+10

Rafal

Spoiler

Bases:          20   39      19       7        17      16        20       11      12      9

Growths:      /      70     40      10       40      35       45       20     10     10

Personal Skill: When an ally within 2 spaces defeats a foe, grants Crit+10 to unit for 1 turn.

Innate Proficiency: Axe

Support Bonuses:

C    Hit+10
B    Hit+10
A    Hit+10
S    Hit+10

Zelestia

Spoiler

Class: Melusine

Bases:          20   38      17      18        16     20        15        19      7       9

Growths:      /      60     35      35       35     50       30        35     20      5

Personal Skill: When unit defeats a foe, grants Hit+20 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn.

Innate Proficiency: Sword

Support Bonuses:

C    Hit+10
B    Hit+10
A    Hit+10
S    Hit+10

Gregory

Spoiler

Bases:          1     35      10      25        13      13       13        25      9       8

Growths:      /      55     30      50       20      25      35        50     25      5

Personal Skill: When there are more foes than allies within 3 spaces, grants Avo+20

Innate Proficiency: Staff

Support Bonuses:

C    Hit+10
B    Hit+10
A    Hit+10
S    Hit+10

Madeline

Spoiler

Class: General

Bases:          1      46     24       6        12       7         27        9       9      13

Growths:      /      75     50      20       15      15         55       25     25     10

Personal Skill: If foe initiates combat and unit is adjacent to an ally, unit takes 2 less damage.

Innate Proficiency: Axe

Support Bonuses:

C    Hit+10
B    Hit+10
A    Hit+10
S    Hit+10

I haven't used Gregory or Madeline yet, so my rating of these is somewhat speculative. Their speed stats are abhorrent, and while it's easy to fix speed to some degree this is a little too slow in my opinion. Madeline is a tank that can only be recruited past the point where I find raw tanking to be useful because we have emblems to perform that utility instead. I could imagine using her for some emblem attack or random utility with her huge SP pool in a similar way to Bunet, but past that I just don't like her stats. Gregory not having a speed stat really hurts his ability to deal damage; if I'm doing my math right it's 3 less than Citrinne at the same internal level wit a lower growth. She can get to a point where she's doubling just about everything, but it is close to not working, so my guess is that Gregory has a harder time of it and isn't very good as a result.

I'll give Gregory a 2.5 and Madeline a 3.5. The starting SP is nice for both, but I do think that this is a little more valuable on a physical class with better access to strong emblem attacks.

Zelestia (8/10)

From what I remember it's questionable if Soulblade is good or not. Otherwise She's really fast and is a flying mage, so she's like Ivy without the overkill magic. She's fast enough to afford to use a damage skill or Starsphere instead of Speed+5. She can technically use physical weapons too, but I'd focus on that magic stat.

Rafal: (7.5/10)

I'm the least sure of this one since I just stuck Byleth on him and used him as a Rally bot. His personal seems interesting, but it's more trouble than is ideal for a Wrath/Vantage build in my opinion. His starting strength looks really impressive though, and unless I'm mistaken he can reclass into something good and fix his speed in a similar way to Amber to become the primary physical carry if there isn't someone else doing that already.

Nel: (7/10)

Nel feels a lot like Chloe to me since she's really fast and can have problems dealing damage. She probably works best as a Mage/Griffin Knight built similarly to Chloe, but I haven't tried this. I went with Paladin and Camilla if I remember correctly which was also decent, but the DLC offers so much that it's hard for any unit to be bad.

If I didn't mention one of the personal skills it's because I didn't find it interesting. I'm also assuming they get recruited at around chapter 16-18 or so. It's possible to play through the DLC on easy mode and get them by chapter 8 or something, and in that case I would bump their ratings up by quite a lot.