Fire Emblem master collection concept.

JungleGoutte01

Since Konami released MGS master collection volume 1, I wondered what could a Fire Emblem master collection look like should Nintendo decide to make it.

Vol 1:

Fire Emblem Shadow dragon and the blade of light

Fire Emblem Gaiden

Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War

Fire Emblem Thracia 776

Bonus content :

Fire Emblem Echoes : Shadows of Valentia

Fire Emblem Archanea chronicles

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War manga by Mitsuki Oosawa

Volume 2:

Fire Emblem the Binding Blade

Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem the sacred stones

Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance

Fire Emblem : Radiant Dawn

Fire Emblem Shadow dragon

Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem

Fire Emblem Awakening

Fire Emblem Fates

Fire Emblem Three Houses (e-shop preorder bonus)

The Japan exclusive expert mode will be added to Path of Radiance.

The Europe exclusive easy mode will be added to japanese copies.

Let me know what you think.

Sounds neat, I think Vol 2 has a disproportionate amount of games in comparision to vol 1, specially if you consider that Fates is usually separated as 3 games, also wouldn't engage be included on the collection? Maybe it'd be better to separate it into 3 volumes or, otherwise, put either Shadow Dragon and New Mystery or the GBA games into vol 1.

It'd be pretty nice to finally have an official translation to the Oosawa manga. Also they could include more non-game stuff on the bonus part, such as artbooks, CDs with the OSTs, a CD/DVD with that OVA/anime/movie/whatever is that that they did about the Archanea saga in the 90s (or just include this and the whole OST on an "extra" part inside of the games, doesn't have to be a separated thing), others of the FE mangas

Perhaps pre-order could include some material (like an artwork, or one of the games, or whatever else) officially signed by someone relevant, and stuff like those character figures (not those extremely expensive ones, obviously) or a small replica of some weapon(s) of the series or whatever.

Not sure if these kind of stuff is usually included on this sort of collections so maybe I'm just saying a bunch of shit here, but I'm hope I'm not cause this would be neat (but of course, I'd already be happy only with an official translation to FEs 1-5 + to Oosawa manga + to Archanea Chronicles, it's just that I think Fire Emblem has a bunch of underground extra content they could bring to light, if there was ever such a master collection thing like that).

It's a nice dream but... I just don't see them ever doing this just because this feels like something they would have done pre-Engage, whereas it's just too late in a post-Engage world I feel, considering a lot of these games haven't even been translated in from Japanese yet officially. If they were to do this I would assume they would do something like FE1-5 in one pack, FE6-10 in a second pack, 11-14 in the last one, which divides it up pretty well even though Fates is three games in one (although packaged together, I'd argue with how many maps are reused it's not as full as three whole games). As for Echoes, maybe in Pack 1 because to most people could be the least appealing due to how old the games are (Fe1 and Gaiden particularly aren't exactly lighting most modern games minds on fire). I can't see Three Houses ever being put in any kind of collection though anytime within the next 10 years and the same goes for Engage. 

Full mangas are practically never included in collections, much less Nintendo ones. A good example of what you can expect for "legacy content" would be things like in the Mega Man Legacy Collections in concept art, promotional materials, merchandise ect. although I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Fe1-5 content left when Kaga did/ is lost to time and games like Binding Blade went through so much development hell it would be a jumbled mess of a lot of stuff. 

But yeah, even with Roy in three Smash games Binding Blade has still never left Japan, it's very hard to see something like this happening even though I'd be very happy to see it. I'd unironically expect them to release each game translated individually on the Eshop before anything else but even that seems unlikely. 

15 minutes ago, Samu_77 said:

It's a nice dream but... I just don't see them ever doing this just because this feels like something they would have done pre-Engage, whereas it's just too late in a post-Engage world I feel, considering a lot of these games haven't even been translated in from Japanese yet officially. If they were to do this I would assume they would do something like FE1-5 in one pack, FE6-10 in a second pack, 11-14 in the last one, which divides it up pretty well even though Fates is three games in one (although packaged together, I'd argue with how many maps are reused it's not as full as three whole games). As for Echoes, maybe in Pack 1 because to most people could be the least appealing due to how old the games are (Fe1 and Gaiden particularly aren't exactly lighting most modern games minds on fire). I can't see Three Houses ever being put in any kind of collection though anytime within the next 10 years and the same goes for Engage. 

Full mangas are practically never included in collections, much less Nintendo ones. A good example of what you can expect for "legacy content" would be things like in the Mega Man Legacy Collections in concept art, promotional materials, merchandise ect. although I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Fe1-5 content left when Kaga did/ is lost to time and games like Binding Blade went through so much development hell it would be a jumbled mess of a lot of stuff. 

But yeah, even with Roy in three Smash games Binding Blade has still never left Japan, it's very hard to see something like this happening even though I'd be very happy to see it. I'd unironically expect them to release each game translated individually on the Eshop before anything else but even that seems unlikely. 

I also think they probably won't do it (I still have fun speculating though), if they didn't localize FEs 4-6 (tbh 1-3 don't exaclty need it since they have remakes) even after Roy being in 3 Smash games and after we got a bunch of FEs 4-6 content (characters, introduction to the worlds for the western audience) on FEH since 2017 until now, then I think they just won't do it at all, I'd guess they'll probably do a FE4 remake instead, one day (I mean, they did for Gaiden so it's not fartetched to think that one day FE4 will have it) and maybe to FE5, not sure if FE6 is even considered unpolished enough for them to want to remake it but maybe it'll get one too.

I think that the fact that FEs 4 and 5 are so different (FE4 with the LONG maps and different mechanics, FE5 with some different mechanics and the dificulty and the absolute bullshit moments) might be one of the things that might make Nintendo not want to risk it to try to bring them to western audiences, as most people that really wanted to play these games must have played them through illegal ways on the past 25 years anyway.

So I always wonder if they'd try to make a remake of FE4 more friendly to the larger portion of FE players, maybe dividing each map in different chapters, perhaps letting you trade stuff (but maybe making more weapons into PRFs to make the characters still be comparable to how they are in the original FE4), making some of the hidden events be less... hidden, being clearer on stuff such as the jealousy system, not letting you pair Larcei with Shannan, not have each character own their individual money, not reusing lazy sprites for somewhat important characters,... Because if the game appealed to the larger FE community and was less niche, it could be a huge hit nowadays (the remake I mean) with it's strong story and characters, and the fact that it has pairing system and gen 2, and that it has Ishtar (who was very popularized because of FEH), and I think a bunch of people would be crazy about THE SPOILER (chapter's 5 end), I'm gonna be bold and say that maybe it could even surpass 3 Houses' sucess (sure it doesn't have the mainstream appeal of being a "school" game and letting you date your students but it does have gen 2, which 3 Houses doesn't). I also wonder if a FE5 remake would make it less "bullshitty" (the FoW maps being pitch black, staves being able to miss) and if they'd keep unique mechanics such as capture, robbing enemies, fatigue system,...(I'd bet on yes, for the unique mechanics, I think they kept the things that made Gaiden unique when they made SoV, yes? I didn't play it so I'm not sure).

But going back on the mega collection thing:

It doesn't have to have a lot of "plus" stuff besides the games, in case they don't have much of value to add in terms of concept arts or whatever, I think that an official translation for FEs 1-6 + Archanea Chronicles would be cool enough to make the collection worth it to buy. 

I've been hearing nothing but bad things about the MGS Master Collection, so I definitely hope Fire Emblem wouldn't use that, specifically as a basis for port quality. The games working should be the highest priority. It's far from the quality of Konami's recent retro collections. The price point and allowing people to buy individual games is really consumer friendly though - hard to imagine Nintendo agreeing to that. With that in mind, they probably would split up fe1 from 3. Gaiden from its remake. Nobody wants to shell out for so many versions of the same game. And with so many fire emblem games, three volumes sounds like the sweetspot. Going through chronologically feels like a pitfall as a result. So my scattershot marketing plan to maximize profits would be:

Vol 1: FE1, 2, 6, 7, Awakening

Vol 2: FE3, 8, 9, 10, Echoes

Vol 3: FE4, 5, 11, 12, Fates

Wide variety of Fire Emblem flavors without splitting up prequels and sequels. 

On 10/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, JungleGoutte01 said:

Since Konami released MGS master collection volume 1, I wondered what could a Fire Emblem master collection look like should Nintendo decide to make it.

Vol 1:

Fire Emblem Shadow dragon and the blade of light

Fire Emblem Gaiden

Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War

Fire Emblem Thracia 776

Bonus content :

Fire Emblem Echoes : Shadows of Valentia

Fire Emblem Archanea chronicles

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War manga by Mitsuki Oosawa

Why would you throw Shadows of Valentia in with all of the Kaga era games?

• 5 weeks later...

Crazy idea: break it up by setting, as follows:

Volume 1: The Archanea Collection

Spoiler

FE1

Gaiden

Old Mystery

BSFE Archanea Chronicles

Shadow Dragon

New Mystery

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Volume 2: The Three Great Continents

Spoiler

Genealogy of the Holy War

Thracia 776

FE6

FE7

Path of Radiance

Radiant Dawn

Volume 3:

The Scattered Realms

Spoiler

Sacred Stones

Awakening

Fates (all routes)

Three Houses

Engage

Pretty simple: one collection with all the Archanea games; a second, with all the other continents that hosted multiple games; and a third, with all the "one-off" settings. This way, you can get the "full story" of a particular setting, without having to buy multiple games.

The obvious exception here is Awakening, as it's set in a future version of Archanea and Valentia. However, the connection is kinda tenuous, relative to all the other connections between games. Plus, that collection is stuffed to the gills already.

Also, I'm including 3H and Engage here because, by the time "Volume 3" makes it out, I assume we've moved beyond the Switch. Perhaps onto a system that's not backwards-compatible with Switch games; who knows? Without them, Volume 3 would be pretty barebones.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:25 AM, JungleGoutte01 said:

The Japan exclusive expert mode will be added to Path of Radiance.

The Europe exclusive easy mode will be added to japanese copies.

I'll do you one better - include the option to play the original, Japanese-language versions, within internationally-released copies. International players can already legally play FE1, Old Mystery, and Genealogy in Japanese, via Switch's (S)NES Online. This would also give players access to "FE7 with 3x weapon effectiveness", or "RD where Eddie and Leo suck even more than usual." Fun stuff!

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Crazy idea: break it up by setting, as follows:

Volume 1: The Archanea Collection

Reveal hidden contents

FE1

Gaiden

Old Mystery

BSFE Archanea Chronicles

Shadow Dragon

New Mystery

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Volume 2: The Three Great Continents

Reveal hidden contents

Genealogy of the Holy War

Thracia 776

FE6

FE7

Path of Radiance

Radiant Dawn

Volume 3:

The Scattered Realms

Reveal hidden contents

Sacred Stones

Awakening

Fates (all routes)

Three Houses

Engage

Pretty simple: one collection with all the Archanea games; a second, with all the other continents that hosted multiple games; and a third, with all the "one-off" settings. This way, you can get the "full story" of a particular setting, without having to buy multiple games.

The obvious exception here is Awakening, as it's set in a future version of Archanea and Valentia. However, the connection is kinda tenuous, relative to all the other connections between games. Plus, that collection is stuffed to the gills already.

Also, I'm including 3H and Engage here because, by the time "Volume 3" makes it out, I assume we've moved beyond the Switch. Perhaps onto a system that's not backwards-compatible with Switch games; who knows? Without them, Volume 3 would be pretty barebones.

I'll do you one better - include the option to play the original, Japanese-language versions, within internationally-released copies. International players can already legally play FE1, Old Mystery, and Genealogy in Japanese, via Switch's (S)NES Online. This would also give players access to "FE7 with 3x weapon effectiveness", or "RD where Eddie and Leo suck even more than usual." Fun stuff!

If they did give us Archanea Saga, one would have to wonder, would they faithfully adapt the medium it was in, or would we just get the maps. And if the latter, is there even much point if New Mystery exists in the same bundle? Unlike the other remakes I don't think there's anything different about them when it comes to core gameplay (other than the timed and rewind aspect).

Edited by Jotari

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2023 at 1:36 AM, Jotari said:

If they did give us Archanea Saga, one would have to wonder, would they faithfully adapt the medium it was in, or would we just get the maps. And if the latter, is there even much point if New Mystery exists in the same bundle? Unlike the other remakes I don't think there's anything different about them when it comes to core gameplay (other than the timed and rewind aspect).

Yeah, you're probably right about that. "BSFE but played like a normal Fire Emblem title" wouldn't be representative of the original experience. And it would be much more work than a simple port job.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Vol 1: FE1, 2, 6, 7, Awakening

Vol 2: FE3, 8, 9, 10, Echoes

Vol 3: FE4, 5, 11, 12, Fates

This is my favorite, if they're not doing my proposed "break it up by region", and not doing Switch games. You have a way to play the FE1 story in each one, with each having just one 3DS title. I could see Echoes and Fates swapping (since Sacred Stones is already very "Gaiden-like"), but it's not as though they have to.