Darkest FE game

Seph

Darkest FE game.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the darkest?

• FE3
    • FE4
    • FE5
    • FE6
    • FE7
    • FE8
    • FE9
    • FE10

Note: I got rid of FE1 and FEDS and kept FE3 for obvious reasons.

Which game in the FE series do you think had the most pain and sorrow? Or summarized in one word, which do you think is the darkest?

FE3 - 4 girls getting eaten by Medeus to gain energy.. not nice.

FE4 - I think it's this game. The main character dies, along with many of his friends, and the child hunting. This is all pretty dark.

FE5 - It's pretty similar to FE4.

FE6 - A child turned into a mindless Dark Dragon.. thousands of people dying because of Zephiel's wishes, and Zephiel having to kill his own father. This one is a serious contender.

FE7 - The deaths of Leila and Elbert. Eliwood killing Ninian was pretty dark too.

FE8 - An odd one. Grado invading pretty much every inch of the continent, a huge amount of deaths, not to mention the great earthquake at the end of the game. Also, don't forget about Lyon's tragic story.

FE9 - Greil's death was really well done, in my opinion, simply because of the character's reactions and the script. Rajaion's death was pretty bad too.

FE10 - The whole world would have been destroyed if not for Ike and his friends. The immense corruption in Begnion and the assassination of the apostle were satisfactory, and so was the tale of Sephiran. I almost forgot to mention that nearly everyone turned into stone.

Vote away.

Edited by Julius

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greil's death was really well done, in my opinion, simply because of the character's reactions and the script.
Greil blurting out "Ike! Staey baack!" shows that his death wasn't really well done.

Anyways, my vote goes for Seisen without question.

Greil blurting out "Ike! Staey baack!" shows that his death wasn't really well done.

A single part can't determine his whole death.

All the info conversations, Ike's, Rhys's, Titania's, Boyd's, I think they were all very well done. Ike's need to defeat the Black Knight was great, too.

Edited by Julius

I think FE4 clearly wins in the category. It's got torture, mass eradication, incest, overly crazy people, and I could probably go on for a lot longer. Heck, even the mood in the first sequence of the game is dark and dreary.

Seisen no Keifu has to be the darkest of the series; sacrificing and burning children as offerings to the dark god who gave Galle rise to power once before and with many families being torn apart just because of the prejudice of the Lopt Sect's ancestors.

Edited by Azel

FE3. Children were slaved and...

Medius taking over Hardain's body, commanding the Akaneian army, and having them wiping out every living thing in sight. Betryal of Marth's friends becoming enemies, as they are loyal to Akaneia. Purely Medeius is a CEG (Crazy Evil Genious). And that he eats the girls if you don't convrert them.

Also, FE4&5 of course. Children being sacrificed to the Dark God is no doubt the most inhumane act in any videogame.

But FE3 a bit more, but overall FE3>FE4&5 are about equel.

Edited by Lenneth

No real question for me, FE5 would be the definite contender. Leaf is basically kept in worry mode all game thanks to August, and the crimes of the Lopt Sect are constantly emphasized. It'd be FE4 for me if its way of delivering the story wasn't so awful at times.

Damn, I don't know which one to choose. I haven't played any of the japanese ones. The 4 released in english all have their sad moments. For me, its between FE7 and FE9, maybe 9 gets the edge cause I actually got teary eyed during Greil's death and I rarely cry when I play video games.

It'd be FE4 for me if its way of delivering the story wasn't so awful at times.

That may be true. However, remember that FE4 has a gigantic amount of story to tell (which is amazing and epic) and the game can't exactly be infinitely long.

FE5 chose to tell a part of the story and did it really well. FE4 didn't have that chance.

You can't blame FE4.

That may be true. However, remember that FE4 has a gigantic amount of story to tell (which is amazing and epic) and the game can't exactly be infinitely long.

FE5 chose to tell a part of the story and did it really well. FE4 didn't have that chance.

You can't blame FE4.

If IS chose to expand on FE4, no one would ever agree on which was the better. It's like arguing which chapter was your favorite because of how huge it is.

Mm... Shouldn't the poll be more of which Era (Akenea, Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius, etc...) was the darkest?

Edited by Azel

Mm... Shouldn't the poll be more of which Era (Akenea, Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius, etc...) was the best?

This poll is about darkness, not being the best.

That does sound good though. I may make a poll like that later on.

Thracia 776 was the darkest. It took the Second Generation's darkest moments and then added more cruelty by directly displaying what happened within Thracia. FE3 comes in a close second, because Marth seems so evil in it. :(

I never looked into FE5's plot too much; I know the basics, not the specifics.

FE4's is definitely darkest. Although, I'd say the darkest part of FE9 is drugging the Laguz (a whole race of people, no less) and Ashnard's insanity.

I always had the feeling that FE was a fairly idealistic series. What, with at least some of the worlds kings and politicians not being completely corrupt, and after the evil is defeated the world enters a time of prosperity and such.

FE4 Generation 1 would win for obvious reasons, but taken as a whole game it's close between FE4 and FE5.

Just as a side note though, I hate bad guys with unrealistic goals like 'IM GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD!'.

I much prefer villains who want to rule the world rather than destroy it. They're at least much more believable that way. As such, Lekain > Ashnard.

Note: I got rid of FE1 and FEDS and kept FE3 for obvious reasons.

Personally I would've kept FE1/DS, and listed Monshou as well, separating Book I and II. Since, you know, you have the sixth and seventh, as well as ninth and tenth separated :/

No Gaiden ?_?

Personally I would've kept FE1/DS, and listed Monshou as well, separating Book I and II. Since, you know, you have the sixth and seventh, as well as ninth and tenth separated :/

No Gaiden ?_?

Book I and II are in the same game anyway, so I decided not to. Thracia and Genealogy aren't in the same game even though they happen during the same time.

Very little people played Gaiden (even less finished it) , so I thought it would be wise to ignore it.

Edited by Julius

Just as a side note though, I hate bad guys with unrealistic goals like 'IM GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD!'.

I much prefer villains who want to rule the world rather than destroy it. They're at least much more believable that way. As such, Lekain > Ashnard.

I don't think Ashnard wanted to destroy the world. When you attack him with Reyson they say:

Ashnard: Galdr singer, did you come here today so that I might take ownership of you?

Reyson: I have something to ask you. Were you the one who stole the medallion and my sister, Lillia, from Serenes Forest?

Ashnard: You know that already, do you not? Why would you come all this way to ask something you already know? Do you wish me to deny it?

Reyson: If the dark god is awakened, the world will once again be flooded. And this time, even our continent will fall. You will not survive that event... Do you truly desire such an end?

Ashnard: I do. Oh, how I do... It's true. The world may be destroyed by the coming of the dark god. Then again, it may not. I question the way in which our society is designed. No matter what strength a person has, it is the station he is born into that controls his destiny. And you cannot control where you will be born. Do you believe that a person of low birth should simply endure the curse of his station? I think not. If you are stronger than those around you, you should benefit from your strength. This is why I will use my strength to remake this world. Class and rank will not matter. Human and sub-human will not matter. The strong will possess everything. The weak will submit to their will. Is this not the meaning of peace?

Reyson: Are you saying that the lives of those without strength have no value?

Ashnard: That is the natural order. The only way for the weak to survive is to cling to the strong. Our discussion is over. Tell me, frail little bird who cannot fight; which do you choose? Submission? Or death?

Reyson: ...Life proffered to me by your hand is something I would never accept!

Ashnard: Very well... Then I will give you the alternative! You will be a weight around my neck no more!

He wants to rule the world after he releases the Dark God.

I voted FE7, because the villians are extraordinarily dark. Especially Nino's "mother," I forget her name though.

Edited by Yourgranny

He wants to rule the world after he releases the Dark God.

Pretty much a win-win situation for Ashnard. He likes destruction and he also likes to rule over countries and continents.

Ashnard wasn't in the right state of mind, though.

FE9 was pretty dark.

I think FE4 clearly wins in the category. It's got torture, mass eradication, incest, overly crazy people, and I could probably go on for a lot longer. Heck, even the mood in the first sequence of the game is dark and dreary.

This.

My vote is obvious anyway.