Chapter 16 - Douglas...

What’s everyone’s plan of choice for dealing with Douglas?

I usually just take a falcoknight and lead him outside. Do it right and you can just bounce back and fort between the same two spots and he wont lay a glove on ya

Now the Project Ember version is a different story. That won’t work because now Douglas has 1 extra movement and a range weapon. In order to pull that off whichever flyer you use will need the first boots you get and is tougher to set up. Douglas has to have trees in his way for it to worK. Now I do have another theory. In the chapter where you recruit Klein, his squad will surround Clarine but wont attack. Kinda makes me wonder if Douglas wont attack Percival and/or Larum and if thats the case, maybe those two could block him in a narror corridor 🤔

Thoughts?

I had Saul cast Sleep on Douglas, to slow him down. Even without the highest Magic stat, Douglas's low Res means he's highly susceptible. Once he wakes up, you'll want him moving in the opposite direction of your main army. This can be done by luring him, with a small group of units at least 6 tiles away.

One more approach - Douglas will not attack Elphin or Larum. Per that, I believe it's possible to use your refresher to wall him off, especially on the stairs at the southeast corner. Of course, there's a couple Bolting mages in the room nearby. So you'll want them to have a Pure Water and Healing item - or else, their own healer backing them up.

• 1 month later...

I normally just use a Sleep staff on him. Sleep staves have good hit rates on him due to his low Res, making this a fairly reliable strategy. It also doesn't tie up any units for more than a couple turns. In case this doesnt work or you cant use it, I reccomend walling him off with a few unarmed units backed up by healers in a narrow corridor. His hit rates are awful and he double almost nothing, so he wont be able to break through. I dont like this method much though, as it ties up important units who could be doing something more productive instead if they didnt have to wall Douglas.