First official sneak peek at Sonic movie 3

Perkilator

Gonna be listening hard to audience reactions when we get Shadow's flashback scene of watching Maria getting shot in the face by "The Olive Garden Guy". I want it on the record that I mumbled to myself "No." when I saw the post credits tease.

53 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Gonna be listening hard to audience reactions when we get Shadow's flashback scene of watching Maria getting shot in the face by "The Olive Garden Guy". I want it on the record that I mumbled to myself "No." when I saw the post credits tease.

I'm calling it now. Maria will not get shot but just put in stasis. Or rescued by aliens or something. 

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm calling it now. Maria will not get shot but just put in stasis. Or rescued by aliens or something. 

No, no, nonononono NO! Keep the Black Arms out of this!👽😳

---

Didn't see either Sonic movie. But, while Shadow was fine in Adventure 2, Sega really lost their way with Shadow the Hedgehog. -Which I did play growing up, blissfully unaware of how truly bizarre in tone for a Sonic game it really is. It's amazing that a game where Shadow gets to murder Eggman and laugh evilly victorious in front of Sonic is a genuine, official thing. I'll hope that Sega doesn't repeat history here and that Shadow doesn't send the Sonic movies off course, whatever the course is.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Really curious how they're gonna handle the whole Gerald Robotnik thing. It was already a massive tonal shift in Adventures.

Adventure 2 began fine tonally I guess. It was the Last Story with the video of the mad professor bound in a chair wishing death upon humanity that got weird, I think?

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Adventure 2 began fine tonally I guess. It was the Last Story with the video of the mad professor bound in a chair wishing death upon humanity that got weird, I think?

Well yeah. The game taking such a gigantic shift in the last story was what made it so weird. And fun. It certainly made an impression when I played it as a kid.

I'm more curious to see what they do after this one, considering most people can agree that post SA2 is when it all started falling apart and continuity became an even bigger afterthought, Sonic 06 aside. But if they do 06, well... good luck to them.

What I'll say is that those guys have made a lot of correct decisions thus far. The movies I'd qualify as aggressively mediocre overall (with some really nice surprises here and there), but they've been very successful, which is what matters really. I'm not expecting them to now botch the one where they have next to no writing to do.

... I say that, but they have to shoehorn the human characters somehow I suppose. Also movie 2 Sonic is still decidedly a child unlike Shadow I expect, so their rivalry could get awkward.

Edited by Cysx