The Greil Mercenaries in Elincia's Gambit?

So this requires a bit of backstory:

As a child in the US, I played FE7 and FE8, and when I was an adolescent, I got FE10 for Christmas (not even knowing it was a sequel at the time). When I played it as a child, I did basically every Fire Emblem pitfall, and I also played the game on normal mode rather than easy (which if you know about the localization change, you could see why that would be bad for me as a child playing this game). I never got past Elincia's Gambit, because I was too invested in training up weak units as well as greeding for every optional item on the map. This strategy was bad, so I reset the map many many times, until I took a break and never came back. I have a very distinct memory from one particular reset. I knew I was doing pretty well if I got to turn 8 where the Crimean Royal Knights join the map, and in this case I made it that far. This time however, I remember the Greil mercenaries appearing rather than the Crimean Knights. I was pretty hyped, because I knew Ike from smash bros, and this is the first time I saw him in that game. Additionally, I remember thinking at the time that the Greil mercenaries looked stronger than the Crimean Knights so I thought I had a greater chance of winning the map.

So that brings me to my question. Is this memory just false? Did I somehow fabricate this memory as a child, or is there some possibility of the reinforcements on Elincia's Gambit being the Greil mercenaries? I haven't been able to find anything online that mentions the Greil mercenaries, so I assume that I am remembering wrong. However, my meory is pretty vivid, so does anyone know anything about this?

I'm pretty sure you misremember it since the Greil's appearance at Lucia's execution is supposed to be a surprise. Or you misremember the exact time when you had the reaction. You could have thought the Greil's looked stronger not than the Crimean knights but the Begnion ones.

It sounds like your memory just got mixed up a bit. The Greil Mercenaries appear in the cutscene after clearing the map and it's not possible for them to appear during the map. Defeating Ludveck ends the map early, so maybe when you finally cleared it you did that before the CRKs showed up, and your recollection of the event muddled the two together into feeling like the GMs themselves showed up on the map.

Thanks for the input. I honestly have no clue how I came up with that memory as a child. I definitely never got past that map, so I have no clue what caused the mixup in my head. It had been bothering me for a while though, so thanks for putting that to bed.