Guest characters in fighting games other than Smash

Perkilator

Some guests I know of:

Soul Calibur is known for guest characters. It usually has 2 per game.

Warriors Orochi features crossovers from Team Ninja games (Ryu Hyabusa, Sterkenberg from Atelier), and WO3U also features Sophitia from Soul Calibur.

Dante is in SMT3 Nocturne

Injustice 2 has ninja turtles, Hell Boy and (too many) Mortal Kombat characters.

Guests I want:

If Injustice 3 happens, I want the Power Rangers, Spawn, and Omniman.

For the next Soul Calibur game, I think Ike, Ichiban Kasuga, Jin Sakai, Dante, and Kratos would be amazing guests.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Rivals of Aether (a platform fighter similar to Smash Bros) has mostly an original cast, with Shovel Knight and Ori as guest characters. I really wanted to see the knight from Hollow knight, or the drifter from Hyper Light Drifter in a game like that. Style-wise I think they would fit well.

And for anyone who knows about that game, yes I know about the steam workshop, and the characters on there.

I would also really like to see Lethal League characters in a more traditional fighting game (Latch is my favorite), and there could be some really awesome gimmicks with a ball to hit around during combat. It's a bit of a stretch to add them to a more mainline fighting game, but maybe Blazblue would be crazy enough to have a character pack for Lethal League.

Tifa in Tekken 7 was the big thing before those hopes were dashed by Noctis. Tifa is to Tekken what Geno (and also Ridley before him) were to Smash. If you asked me what character that would make me drop everything and buy Tekken 8, it would be Ryo Hazuki.

8 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Tifa in Tekken 7 was the big thing before those hopes were dashed by Noctis. Tifa is to Tekken what Geno (and also Ridley before him) were to Smash. If you asked me what character that would make me drop everything and buy Tekken 8, it would be Ryo Hazuki.

Such a weird choice in retrospect given that FF15 basically has no cultural relevance anymore. Like, it's probably got the same amount of regard (or less) as the Assassin's Creed it crossed over with.

Why not bring Tifa into Street Fighter while they're at it? She and Chun-Li are long overdue for a battle of the brawler waifus.

As for other fighting games, most any Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy protagonist would fit into Soul Calibur quite nicely. For Fire Emblem, you can have a story involving one of the many Dark Dragon cults in the series getting hold of Soul Edge, prompting the FE protag to investigate. For Final Fantasy...heck, that would probably depend on which character gets in. Cloud is the most obvious candidate, though it might be tricky to justify his appearance on Earth. Gilgamesh on the other hand could easily be justified by his traveling through the Rift and by his interest in weapons, especially swords.

How about a smartass suggestion: Mickey Mouse in MultiVersus. Especially Steamboat Mickey, since he's public domain now. :P

On the subject of Disney, Sora would be another interesting Soul Calibur option as he's traveled to worlds set on some version of Earth many times in Kingdom Hearts, and he has a wide variety of Keychains to serve as his weapon selection with Ultima Weapon presumably being his Soul Calibur equivalent.

Would be cool to see Link return to Soul Calibur, only this time it's BotW/TotK Link. He's got even more weapon options than the OoT version did.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 2 weeks later...