Overall best era of FE.

Seph

Yawn.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Akaneia, Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel or Tellius?

• Akaneia (FE1, 2, 3, 11) (Marth)
    • Jugdral (FE4, 5) (Sigurd, Celice and Leaf)
    • Elibe (FE6, 7) (Eliwood and Roy)
    • Magvel (FE8) (Ephraim and Eirika)
    • Tellius (FE9, 10) (Ike)

Judgral for the epic FE 4 and the crushing goodness that is FE 5.

Following Judgral is Tellius, which I felt was closer to our times ( to me ) and I felt the characters a bit better.

Next is a tie between Elibe and Akaneia. FE 1/3-1/11 and FE 6 had a lot of similarities, especially in the characters, but it was still good. I didn't care much for FE 7 after I played the others.

Finally there's Magvel... Monsters should stay away from FE.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only beaten FE7, FE9 and FE10, but I've played FE6 and FE8. I've gotta go with Tellius, FE9 was my first FE, and so it holds the most nostalgia of them all. However, from what I've heard and seen, Jugdral looks to be the best.

Tellius cause I love a lot of the characters in those games. I also love RD's gameplay and support system. I haven't played any of the japanese ones. And for some reason, the places that they traveled stuck in my head unlike in FE 7 & 8 where I didn't really know the cities/towns/etc. that they traveled through. And the music wasn't as repetitive as in the other two games.

You're the first person I've met who liked the lack of support conversations.

I'll say Tellius without even playing it. Many many features of the older FEs irk me to death, particulary the massive amount of recycling boss/NPC faces (4/5/6).

The recoloured bosses are one of my favourite features. :(

But Harold and Sandima are love~ <3

<3 <3 <3

For now, I'm going to say that Jugdral was my favourite, especially Manster. Jugdral has the most story and history behind it.

I would have to say Tellius. It feels much more real than the others I have played (only 7-10, though I've read all about 6 on the main site). And the whole part about chaos and order gods is really deep and cool. Plus, like was said before, all the nations got involved in the conflicts instead of doing nothing and just having the army move through them.

You're the first person I've met who liked the lack of support conversations.

I actually hate that part of it. I meant that any character can support with anyone and isn't limited to a few characters, meaning you can create your own pairs that actually benefit each other. I like the system itself but I hate the lack of support convos.

Hmm.. I wonder how much of a lead Jugdral would have if it had come out in America.

In all seriousness, I doubt much would change. I haven't finished FE5, but I like Tellius a lot better than Jugdral. That's just me, but who's to say there really would be much difference?

I think it all depends on when the games were released. If Genealogy was remade and released now, then I doubt it would change much. Had it been released on the SNES back in the mid-nineties, then there's no doubt in my mind that Jugdral would be the most popular.

I think it all depends on when the games were released. If Genealogy was remade and released now, then I doubt it would change much. Had it been released on the SNES back in the mid-nineties, then there's no doubt in my mind that Jugdral would be the most popular.

I doubt that actually. From what I remember of the subject, part of the reason FE wasn't released for a while is because similar games (Strategy RPG's and the like) had not done well outside of Japan. Pokemon itself almost wasn't released outside Japan. Chances are the SNES FE's would've been all but ignored in NA and Europe.

That's just me, but who's to say there really would be much difference?

More people would have played it. Therefore, more people would have seen it's awesomeness. Therefore, it would get more votes since the votes of Tellius and Elibe would have decreased.

Even now Jugdral is winning. If more people played it (there are some posts in this thread saying that they haven't played Jugdral) then it would get more votes, I believe.

This is merely an argument of chance however, and we're just assuming, so we can't really make a decision.

If Genealogy was remade and released now, then I doubt it would change

I seriously doubt that.

Edited by Julius

This is merely an argument of chance however, and we're just assuming, so we can't really make a decision.

It is, however, this is my view on it.

One of the reasons Radiant Dawn wasn't well-liked was the difficulty. If people had played the SNES FE's, this likely wouldn't have been much of a problem since they would be more used to a somewhat higher difficulty level, thus increasing RD's popularity on its own.

Another thing: FE's fanbase would be bigger. More people would have been introduced to it earlier and there would be more people all around. This is more or less another reason it probably wouldn't change anything.

And then there was my reply to Gustave's post. In other words, I don't think Jugdral would be a whole lot more popular in comparison to the other FE continents as it is now.

One of the reasons Radiant Dawn wasn't well-liked was the difficulty.

It is pathetically easy.. especially with battle saves and all. There aren't any ranks either. Then again, I consider FEDS H5 to be easy..

Saying Radiant Dawn is hard is just stupid, or the person playing it is a beginner. We know that Radiant Dawn didn't sell well, so there were few beginners.

If people had played the SNES FE's, this likely wouldn't have been much of a problem since they would be more used to a somewhat higher difficulty level, thus increasing RD's popularity on its own.

FE5 is hard to others, alright. I can't say anything about that.

I can comment on FE3 and FE4. They don't have proper modes and they are easier than the GBA FEs and the console FEs.

Another thing: FE's fanbase would be bigger. More people would have been introduced to it earlier and there would be more people all around. This is more or less another reason it probably wouldn't change anything.

There are two reasons why this can't be true:

The people's tastes is just completely chance. Some people want Jugdral, some people want Tellius, some people want the others.

If Jugdral was introduced earlier then more people would have played it, and they would have also gotten older which means that they stop playing the newer FE games, increasing Jugdral popularity.

Edited by Julius

One of the reasons Radiant Dawn wasn't well-liked was the difficulty. If people had played the SNES FE's, this likely wouldn't have been much of a problem since they would be more used to a somewhat higher difficulty level, thus increasing RD's popularity on its own.

While FE5 is surely the hardest in the series, FE4 might as well be the easiest due to the abundance of game breakers in it.