Can we still view how many posts a user has on a thread?

AnonymousSpeed

I'm assuming site questions can go in general.

I seem to remember, years ago, being able to click on the post/view count by a thread's name and see how many posts different users had in that thread, ranked from most to least. There was some other metrics there as well, as I recall. I thought that was a very cool feature, but I don't remember exactly how to view this information. Is this a feature? If so, how do I access it?

31 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm assuming site questions can go in general.

I seem to remember, years ago, being able to click on the post/view count by a thread's name and see how many posts different users had in that thread, ranked from most to least. There was some other metrics there as well, as I recall. I thought that was a very cool feature, but I don't remember exactly how to view this information. Is this a feature? If so, how do I access it?

not sure if it was diferent before, but as far as I noticed, you can only check this metrics as soon as a thread reaches 3 pages, then it shows up automatically after the first post of any page of the thread. There's a chance I'm wrong and it requires a specific number of total posts, instead of pages, and that it's just a coincidence that it was after it reached 3 pages on the threads I noticed it, but anyway try checking a long thread and see if you don't see it.

I think it shows more metrics in the computer than on a mobile device too.

EDIT: Actually I just checked it and it's the same data regarless of being on a PC or mobile device.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

15 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I seem to remember, years ago, being able to click on the post/view count by a thread's name and see how many posts different users had in that thread, ranked from most to least.

you're correct in remembering that this used to be a feature about... i dunno, two major iterations of ip.board ago, maybe three. they stripped it out in favor of the info panel the guy above me posted about a long time ago and to my knowledge a full set of posts-by-user for a thread is no longer accessible including to we staffers. i'll take a look into it this weekend and see if there's a disabled option somewhere but i'm fairly sure the option is just gone and has been replaced by various options for that info panel

10 hours ago, Integrity said:

i'll take a look into it this weekend and see if there's a disabled option somewhere but i'm fairly sure the option is just gone and has been replaced by various options for that info panel

I would appreciate if you could. I don't find the info panel as convenient or helpful as the old feature, so I'd be very glad if we could see that again.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:42 PM, ARMADS!!! said:

not sure if it was diferent before, but as far as I noticed, you can only check this metrics as soon as a thread reaches 3 pages, then it shows up automatically after the first post of any page of the thread.

Oh yeah, I've seen this before, I guess never fully processed its existence.

23 hours ago, Integrity said:

you're correct in remembering that this used to be a feature about... i dunno, two major iterations of ip.board ago, maybe three. they stripped it out in favor of the info panel the guy above me posted about a long time ago and to my knowledge a full set of posts-by-user for a thread is no longer accessible including to we staffers. i'll take a look into it this weekend and see if there's a disabled option somewhere but i'm fairly sure the option is just gone and has been replaced by various options for that info panel

Ive seen that before before on other sites. IMHO it was a good way to avoid repeatin yourself in a thread

19 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ive seen that before before on other sites. IMHO it was a good way to avoid repeatin yourself in a thread

Like forums? Out of curiosity, which ones? I think I've never seen it but looks like a pretty cool feature.

Actually now I'm pretty curious about what was this old feature here on SF like, I like this sort of statistics so something like the usual panel but with even more info sounds awsome.