About "Events"

ARMADS!!!

I apologize in advance if that's not the right place to post this (I was in doubt between posting it here or in "Member Feedback", but in the end I think it'd be better to do it here).

Anyway, I noticed you started to include "upcoming events" in the calendar here, what are these for? do we do something on these days? Is there gonna be some sort of celebration? Or they're just there simply to be displayed like on a normal calendar?

Also, not sure if it's just me but I can't read the whole description text you put into the days, after the "..." of the description (of each event) there's simpy no way to read the rest and if I click on an even to try to read it, it says "The page you are trying to acess is not available for your account".

events have been around for over a decade and i don't think a single one's been scheduled since 2011 (they just all got scheduled as long series), you're just noticing them for the first time

11 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, not sure if it's just me but I can't read the whole description text you put into the days, after the "..." of the description (of each event) there's simpy no way to read the rest and if I click on an even to try to read it, it says "The page you are trying to acess is not available for your account".

this, however, might be a recent break. i'll take a look at it after work today

e: oh hey the recent forums update broke badges

Edited by Integrity

17 minutes ago, Integrity said:

events have been around for over a decade and i don't think a single one's been scheduled since 2011 (they just all got scheduled as long series), you're just noticing them for the first time

this, however, might be a recent break. i'll take a look at it after work today

I realized that the the was a place for events, but yeah I never seen one taking place.

Now that you mentioned it, I noticed something was missing from my profile after I made the post...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time!

1 hour ago, Integrity said:

An "Events" system has been here forever, but this definitely just showed up, at least for regular members:

image.thumb.png.310ad74bc8b6e82210685d81b251d8a9.png

interesting, that box has been there for years for me

i wonder if it was set to only appear for staff for a while and the new migration just fixed it and nobody knew???

Yeah, I think the box itself has been there for members, but the events just showed up. All of them lead to this, though:

image.thumb.png.95c8bc873e194cbbfdd7571abee540c6.png

Edited by Florete

Oh man, thank you for the reminder about Mage Girl Day! It's nine months away... that should be just enough time to put my Micaiah cosplay together. Assuming we all make it through the end of the world, that is.

The box has been around for me for years too what wasn't in it were the events, it was always empty/said there was no upcoming events (now I don't remember which...).

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Oh man, thank you for the reminder about Mage Girl Day! It's nine months away... that should be just enough time to put my Micaiah cosplay together. Assuming we all make it through the end of the world, that is.

Yeah, I'm afraid it was announced too late though, 9 months is not enough for me to find a cape and learn how to tie my hair like Ishtar, and now not only me but the cape has to survive the end of the world as well...

Edited by ARMADS!!!

On 2/14/2024 at 3:11 PM, Integrity said:

Oddly enough, I can still see badges after logging out, if that's any help.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Oddly enough, I can still see badges after logging out, if that's any help.

it's actually not odd, i circled back with the big boss and it's a skin issue. that's something i can fix, i just gotta get up and do it

• 4 weeks later...

alright, gomenasai for the delay (work! work!!) but badges are working on skins again and the calendar issue should be solved

direct any complaints to me thank you much love

37 minutes ago, Integrity said:

alright, gomenasai for the delay (work! work!!) but badges are working on skins again and the calendar issue should be solved

direct any complaints to me thank you much love

Thank you for working on it! I can see the days on the calendar when I click on it now, so I'd say it's solved.