2. 2. Silver, Gold, and Crystal

• Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
  3. 3. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

• Treeko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip

Which starter do you normally choose when playing the Pokemon games? Sorry, I couldn't fit Diamond/Pearl, but you can say which you choose there, and I'll try to keep track.

Turtwig-8

Chimchar-9

Piplup-5

I choose all the water types.

Edit: I've lost track of who I've counted and who I haven't so I'm done manually counting. But I think we get the idea of who people like.

Edited by Ragnell

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a tradition of choosing all the fire types. Excluding Diamond and Pearl, in which case I chose Piplup. Cause Infernape I can't take seriously. Not since my freind made a joke about a flamming piece of poo.

My list:

Charmander

Cyndaquil

Torchic

Chimchar

I like fire Pokemon, despite the lack of really good ones when it comes to the competitive scene. Though Inferno ain't so bad with a Choice item.

Edited by Fireman

I have a tradition of picking the grass starters on my first playthroughs. But they usually do not turn out to be my favorites.

For me:

Charmander

Cyndaquil

Mudkips

Infernape - yeah, pretty goofy looking but a fantastic sweeper.

I have a tradition of picking the grass starters on my first playthroughs. But they usually do not turn out to be my favorites.

For me:

Charmander

Cyndaquil

Mudkips

Infernape - yeah, pretty goofy looking but a fantastic sweeper.

Amen to that. I just love Close Combat. ^^

I see I've aligned myself with the majority vote, hm? I was torn between Charmander and Bulbasaur, both of which I frequently choose over Squirtle (who I've almost never used). I've used the second generation starters just about equally (or just get all three with the cloning glitch), but Totodile's my favorite of them, so he gets my vote.

I have only used Mudkip in the third generation games.

Edited by Fox

Charmander, because Charizard is.

Cyndaquil, because Tododile's chain is so ugly and Chikorita is too defensive for casual play.

Torchic, because Swampert and Sceptile are so damn ugly.

The adorable Piplup, because Chimchar's chain is fugly and retarded, and I like him better than Turd Wig.

Oh, shit, I just realized that I misvoted in the Red/Blue portion!

After the fact, I usually find that in Red/Blue, I get the farthest with Squirtle for some reason. Honestly, don't ask me why that is. And then for Gold/Silver/Crystal, I usually go with Cyndaquil because I normally get farther with that than I do with most of hte other Pokemon.

And I'll be quite honest here; the series sort of died for me after Crystal; hence, I have not picked up any of the latest games at all. So no Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or Daimond/Pearl for me. ;)

All fires. I love fires.

Ironically, even with fire being a crappy type, Fires have traditionally been pretty damn good compared to the other starters. Sometimes they tie, but they're usually fairly competent. Of course, that's because there stats are rarely fucked with. Because Feraligatr was made of shit before D/P, what with his Attack but no Sp Attack. :D

Bulbasaur - Because he is the laid back one.

Cyndaquil - Pre-evolution of my favorite Pokemon.

Treecko - Laid back, and he's a freaking dragon.

Turtwig - He's easily the best one to pick for the standard D/P playthrough. The competitive scene is different though and favors Infernape.

Charmander Although i might choose squirtle

Cyndaquil

Treecko

If i hd D/P Turtwig-- looks awesome

Edited by Slayer