Warrior Chronicles

Deity

(This is the story thread, if you wanna post feedback, I will make a separate thread)

Fire Emblem: Warrior Chronicles

Prologue: The Dragon Lord's loss

The young man use to be a mighty king in times past. But now, he lived as a simple mason in the poor village of Okuma. He crafted many beautiful statues from different kinds of stone and sold them for a living.

Everyone knew his name in Okuma, which was a small village located on the western part of Asaki. It was a short name; Rad Quetz, and a name that many of the villagers in Okuma believed to come from ancient times. They all had no clue at all that living among them was a dragir, a dragon of ancient times and a noble one at that. One that had lost his whole power and rulingship to his own kin, a cousin of his who had betrayed all of Dragonia.

A cousin who now ruled the imperial realm of Vanezia with a stern hand.

So why was Rad still alive after the ancient war that had occurred thousands of years ago? Simple, he had run away to safety when everything in Dragonia had been lost. He had fought in the frontlines, leading his dragonkin and defending his beloved homeland from the invading humans, humans that his cousin had brought in to overthrow him from power. He had succeeded in doing that, and more. Rad's cousin, his name a mistery now, had slain house Quetz and all its inhabitants along with other houses' nobles, but had left the other less powerful dragons alive for a short while. He, and his human friends had needed slaves for a short while in order to build a realm worthy of him back in Phydoria, the land of the humans and one that he would rule forever.

With Aegiil in his possession, a stone of many powers, Rad's cousin and his army of humans headed back to Phydoria, carrying along the dragon slaves they would use for a short time to build an empire that nobody else that came in history could topple.

Rad, who had always been a clever ruler for his people, had crafted from Aegiil a unique pendant before the treason took place. He simply called it a dragon amulet, and with power from Aegiil imbued in it, that amulet would allow him to remain alive for centuries hence...Until he could exact revenge on the perpetrator.

The month of the *turtle was halfway through, and Rad knew that winter would soon envelop the land in a cold fury. As he sat on a wooden chair, relaxed and waiting for customers to appear, he felt the cold air whistling by, cold air that signaled the imminent arrival of winter.

For seven hundred years, Rad had lived secretly in his human form in the land of Asaki, the land of the slant-eyed folk. Though they were humans, Rad hated humans, the ex dragon king had come to love those people that now shared the village of Okuma with him, and they loved him in return, despite him not being an Asakian.

The mighty dragon had seen many folks come and go, had seen many new borns and had witnessed the death of so many as the years had drifted by. Aside from that, he had seen many other things happening around the region, and he had studied the other realms as well during the many trips he had taken as a mission.

When he had come in from Dragonia, he had landed in this wonderful, colorful land. Most of the land was packed with forests and rivers, and a few small mountains and hills to the center could be seen from every corner of the realm. Rad loved this place so much. It sort of reminded him of Dragonia, the dragir land that had come to an abrupt end when king Rad Quetz was treasoned, along with all of Dragonia. The dragon of this doing, back then known as Nataku Xicotencatl, had allied himself with humans and had brought destruction to the land years later after his unexplained disappearance from Dragonia. Rad and Nataku were cousins, almost brothers, and Rad had trusted him with his life. That had been his mistake, the ex king thought as he remembered that fateful turn of events as if they had happened just yesterday.

He lowered his head in sadness as he remembered his cousin and the road he had chosen. Busy fighting off old past remembrances and grievances, Rad did not see the shy girl approaching his vending house.

-xox-

The cleric had heard that Okuma was thriving in the arts of magic, so she had come here to see what the fuzz was all about.

When she had entered the dusty looking village that held decrepit looking houses here and there, the young cleric had believed that the rumors had been wrong. This was nothing but a flea infested village, no shortage of those around Asaki and the land where she was from; Broah.

"Damn those fools," she had told herself, feeling more than mad at her friends, who had played her a joke. "I'm gonna kill them when I return."

But the girl had remained in the village despite her eagerness to leave. Something had caught her attention among the village. She had seen that many of the villagers had beautiful ornamented statues in their yards, stones that resembled humans, animals and things. Eventhough she hated to speak to people, Rhea had stopped a young boy as he had gone by running through the dirt filled street and asked him.

"Whoa there, champion. Can you tell me how you people get your hands on these beautiful stone-made statues?"

The young asakian boy glanced at the cleric for a long moment, and Rhea wondered whether he would answer or take off running. She was after all a stranger to them.

"Master Rad makes them." the boy answered then, still keeping his eyes on her.

"Master Rad?" Rhea was puzzled. "Who is he? Or her? Where can I find this Rad?"

The asakian boy gave her directions and Rhea had rewarded his young butt with a yellow gem for it, a gem that was worth not much in the world, in fact, it was the least valued gem.

And so the cleric had gone to see this master Rad. Of course, when she had been cruising down the street, she did not imagine that Rad would look so young. She had believed him to be an old geezer because of the way the word master was used in her land. Master usually described someone old or very knowledgeable in arts.

She arrived the man's selling spot and saw that there were quite a few good looking statues there, and she knew how beautiful they would look inside her personal temple.

Master Rad was apparently too busy looking down the ground to even notice her arrival.

"Did you lose an eye or something?" Rhea said, her voice like a tempest of the sea. That made the seller glance up at her.

During the meeting of their eyes, alot seemed to have passed through them, and when Rhea staggered a step back due to the sensation she felt then, Rad stood up, feeling stupid to have sent an investigatory spell on the girl. Seven affinity raw magic at use had collided with one affinity, the dark one, and the results had made the cleric stagger back, feeling nauseous and disoriented, yet thinking that she had seen and passed several years of her life with this person in front of her.

"May I help you?" Rad questioned, and when the girl recuperated her balance and senses, she looked deeply at him, trying to place him in her past life. Rad noticed the fine pearly robe that the girl wore, and the golden braces on her wrists and the silver diadem above her forehead. She had to belong to some line or magical house, he realized.

"I...I was curious about your art," Rhea told him, glancing to the side to one of the statues, which resembled a calamir, a venomous reptile foe that lived in the forests and could fell even a giant with a bite of its deathly venom. Her dark eyes then took note of Rad's clothing. He was dressed in a simple set; dark leather jacket and brown pants, with dark boots that reached the under part of his knees. She could see that he wore many necklaces and rings, and his hair was short and brownish, his eyes the same color as his hair. No, she could not make him out.

"What is curious about it?" Rad wanted to know, and the dragon crossed his arms.

"I have never seen anyone do this before," Rhea explained and looked back at his face. "How much a piece?"

"One silver gem for any one that you wish to take," Rad said, politely.

Rhea nodded, understanding. "They are not cheap, eh?"

"Well, they are well made as you can see," Rad responded right away. "Quality equals greatness, according to me, and thus the loss from your purse shall be great if you wish to purchase one."

"Indeed." Rhea said, hiding a smile. "Well, tell you what. If you can help me get them safe back to my homeland, not only would I pay the ammount for all of these statues you have here, but I would also gratify you greatly for the trip."

Rad settled down back on his chair and laughed. "You are asking me to deliver them?"

"Well yes, dont you deliver?"

"I only sell them here, nowhere else, and so I have never had that problem, you see?"

"I do," Rhea said. But she knew those beautiful sculpted stones would make even the kings of the two great realms and the noble houses around Phydoria jealous. "So, what will it be, then? Is there a guild here where I could contract a few abled men?"

"No guild," Rad shook his head. "Only peasants and fisherman. Where are you from?"

"Broah," Rhea eyed him. "From a town called Narthiel. Not too far from here, really."

Rad had been there only once, and Rhea was right, it was not that far from Okuma. Narthiel was almost located across from the northern border that separated Broah from Asaki.

"I have a wagon," Rad finally convinced himself that he would do business with this fine looking girl. If she would buy his ten remaining statues, he would of had made good business this day than he had the entire past seven months. "But I want twenty silver gems for the whole deal; the statues, the trip and the food."

"It's a deal, then," Rhea said right away, knowing well that she could not let such an opportunity go by.

"Half now half when the stones are safe in your place?" Rad asked, innocently.

"How about I give you five stones now and fifteen when the deal is done?"

"Five is a low number, and my work is great. I demand eight right now or no deal."

"Eight is fine," Rhea nodded at him. "Get your wagon ready."

"Come with me," Rad instructed her and went away, leading.

"I beg your pardon?" Rhea said, her voice again tempestual.

Rad turned around and looked at her.

"I keep my wagon at my house, and its a heavy one. I will require your assistance to get it out of the shack."

"Oh," Rhea understood, and started walking. She wasn't about to argue with Master Rad and have him change his mind.

As they were marching down the street, a girl named Luvsasuke, and one that Rad knew well, came rushing out of nowhere and shouting for Rad.

"Master Rad, help!"

Rad spun to the left and caught a glimpse of the spectacles-wearing girl.

Before Rad could ask her what the heck was going on, Luvsasuke added as she stopped within two feet from him and his companion, which made Luv stare at her.

"It's Kyuubi, she's disappeared."

"What?" Rad was shocked.

"We cant find her and we've been looking for her for half hour now. Django sent me to get you."

"Where is she?" Rad grabbed Luv by her tender shoulders. The asakian girl was thin, fragile looking, and Rhea thought that the muscular master would break her when he touched her. Rad was not wide and fat, rather he was well formed and muscular.

"In the forest, near Ura's fall."

Eleven year old Kyuubi had had the temptation of going to those ruins despite her sister and the village elder prohibiting it.

"I have to go," Rad turn to face his client. "This matter is urgent, you see? Kyuubi is like a sister to me."

"Do you require of my help?" Rhea blurted the words out, despite herself having not wanting to take part in this. Perhaps Master Rad had made an impression on her that she was willing to even help him out.

"Come along, then," Rad nodded. "Do you know magic?"

"I know healing powers," Rhea said the truth. "And..."

"That is more than enough," Rad said, pulling Luv along with him as he held her hand. "I believe that we will need of your healing powers before the day is over. Kyuubi is always getting in trouble...but I think she went too far this time."

-xox-

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

The brave man was well known all over the western coast and the southern sea of Vanezia. Captain Sean Storm is what everyone knew him as.

He was a mercenary pirate, one that worked for himself. His jobs went from hunting pirates to transporting folks around the realms of Asaki, Yvia and Broah. But aside from that, captain Sean sailed the raging seas looking for an ex Vanezian general that was responsible for the death of his entire first ever crew.

Having been dealt a great blow in a sea fight, captain Sean had lost ship and crew to the navy of Vanezia, who had thought him to be a pirate like any other. Aside from that, Sean the fearful had been sought by the Vanezian fleets because it was said that he had killed a very known captain among pirates known as Lakindra. And so the fleet had sunk his ship, killed his crew and had made him lose himself at sea.

Luckily though, it seemed that lady luck was always with the brave man, for he washed ashore in the beaches of Asaki. When he came to, he had found himself laying in a warm bed in the poor home of a very pretty girl, who he did not know. In fact, Sean remembered little of what had been his past life. During the fight with the fleet, a cannon ball exploded right on deck and he had knocked himself against the heavy mast pole and the hit apparently had brought consequences for the young man.

From that moment on, the young woman, who was named Alexis, took care of him until he was able to walk and see for himself. But being a lover of the sea, of woman, of treasure, of ships...Captain Sean had heard the sea calling him. Bit by bit, his memory was beginning to come back to him, and it had not been long when he had taken this girl along with him, for according to her, she had not had any other reason to remain in the never-changing land of Asaki. If the young man was to sail the seas, she would be with him now and forever, she had decided on a stormy night that the couple had left to Vanezia, where Sean had many friends.

Indeed, one of these friends, known as Krevin, had given his pirate friend a hand. He gave Sean a ship and soon, captain Sean had a crew and was out doing what he loved doing best, sailing the seas, living la vida loca and all besides his newest found love; Alexis.

"I wish to visit my mom's tomb one last time," Alexis had told him a day ago, as the ship was sailing south of Asaki. And so Sean, who only cared about pleasing her, had directed the ship toward the coast of Asaki, to a port town called Kikure, close to Okuma.

"Your mom's tomb we shall visit," Sean had smiled at her as they both had stood near the starboard rail, with the captain hugging her tightly close to him. "And my man and I will have the chance to resupply ourselves before we hit the western edge fully. I want to see what lies beyond where the sun sets."

Death! As many rumors said so. No one was able to get through. Violent happenings came out of nowhere, it was said by many seadog tales, and anyone caught in them was sure as dead.

Even the mighty Krevin Lich, a pirate who was said to have sailed all the angles of the continent, had not had the guts to head and try his luck on the sea region that was known as the dark side.

That had of course scared poor Alexis, but as long as she was beside Sean, nothing else matters, not even death.

-xox-

The trio arrived the ruins of Ura ten minutes later, with Rhea and young Luv gasping for air.

The dragon seemed as if he had not runned at all, and if he hadn't had the company of his client and Luv, the dragon would of had transformed to his ancient dragir form and arrive the scene in a flash, for he would of had put his mighty wings to good use.

A beautiful asakian that had her pretty face filled with tears rushed to him as soon as he appeared. And Rhea saw them hug each other, believing the way they did it that they both liked each other very much.

"Oh, Rad," Django sobbed. "We cant find my sister."

"I bet she is alright," Rad caressed her long, dark hair and tried his best to pacify the young Django, whom despite being a human, Rad loved more than anyone else. "She might of gone into the ruins."

"But how so?" Django let go of him and glanced up at him. Rad was not that tall, but he was taller than all the four asakian girls present. He stood five-eight, and was shorter by an inch than the cleric from Broah. Whom everyone had taken notice of, especially Django, who couldn't help it but feel jealous when she had seen them arrive. "There does not seem to be a way in among these dirty and old walls."

"I dont know," Rad said. "But I'm going to find out. Wait here while I take a look around this old fortress. You already searched the forest well?"

Django nodded and cleared her tears away.

"Keep an eye on her...and the others 'til I come back," Rad told Yumekui, the oldest of the asakians and one that did not like him too much, though she nodded, recognizing that Rad only cared for Django's well being.

Yumekui simply thought that Rad was very secretive, and she absolutely knew that he was hiding something. Had it not been for Django and the rest of the female friends that Yumekui had befriended three years ago, the pretty asakian would of had ended joining the citadel of assassins, which operated entirely everywhere in the continent, though nobody knew where their headquarters were located. To know of it was to die.

"I'll be back before long," Rad told Rhea as well, who simply nodded, knowing that she had to stay with the rest. They all saw him disappear among the ruin walls, though they heard his footsteps as he walked over twigs that broke under his weight.

Up ahead, Rad made sure he was alone and that nobody would see him. He extracted one of his rings off his finger and closed his eyes. The ring possessed the powers to read the current area and transmit to the wielder the information found.

Rad did not open his eyes all the while, but he smiled when the ring let him know Kyuubi's actions. Indeed, the brat had found the way in, just as Rad had many years ago.

He only hoped that the ruins inside had remained lost to all other beings besides Kyubbi and himself.

Carefully, after putting the ring back in his finger, Rad headed to the area where the secret entrance was located. A stone wall that had symbols inside a huge, drawn circle was the entrance, but in order to gain access, one had to touch four of the hundred small symbols in the correct order. Rad touched the symbol of a flame, the symbol of water and the symbol of wind. He ended the routine by touching the symbol of a mountain. The four main elements was the password to open the ancient ruins of Ura. Without making a sound, the wall's inscribed circle glowed and then turned to total darkness, giving access to the entree. When Rad went in, the wall went back to normal.

Master Rad carried no human weapons with him. He did not need them, and though he was awesome when using them, he relied more on his ancient amulets, rings, necklaces and powers to get himself out of trouble.

As soon as he entered the ruins, he brought his magical ring about, the one that read actions. Everything was darkness around him, for there was no light inside the ruins. He was about to incite the ring into action when deeper from within the ruins he heard Kyuubi's cries.

Eventhough Rad was in human form, Rad still retained very much his dragon sight, and he could see in the dark as well as in the day. Cat eyes, he had, nay, dragir eyes.

The old dragon followed Kyuubi's cries, and he made haste and got to her within three minutes of running through damp and smelly hallways rooms. Finally, the dragon king saw the little girl standing next to a wall.

Kyuubi noticed movement among the darkness, but since she was being held fast by something that had unexpectedly come out from underneath a hole, she could not move, and she cried when she thought that her end had come. She cried when she had thought that the thing moving among the darkness was another of the creatures that had a hold of her foot.

Rad noticed that Kyuubi was being held by a bony hand and was surprised of it. "What in the nine hells?" he said more loudly than he had intended. Kyuubi, recognizing the voice, trembled but also in an instant gained her composure and smiled, knowing that it was Rad, the young man who was teaching her and other friends how to defend themselves without the use of weapons.

Last time Rad had been here there had been no movement within the ruins. And now, it appeared that Kyuubi had messed with some of the stuff down here and had activated something.

He rushed to Kyuubi almost as soon as he noticed the hand that held its grip on her foot.

"Are you okay?" Rad asked her and bent down low to help her out.

"No," Kyuubi cried in agony, for in truth, the bony hand's hold on her had hurt her much. Rad grabbed the boney hand by the wrist and simply squeezed it back to dust, however, the hand remained clutching the little girl's ankle.

"How did you get down here?" Rad asked her as he went to work on removing the hand.

Not knowing what to say because she knew she was in deep trouble, Kyuubi simply cried on.

"Never mind that, can you walk?"

But even before Kyuubi Hui could answer, Rad heard cackles coming from the other side of the wall. The mighty dragon king stood up and glanced at the wall and saw nothing special about it, until he noticed that there were sockets within the wall that had something missing.

Gems, perhaps?

He did not remember to have seen this wall before when he came in. He had come in simply to see what laid down here and kill it, because he had not wanted these ruins to be a hassle with the folk of Asaki. He had found nothing of course, because the dragir had not messed with any of the stuff that had been down here.

But it appeared that now Kyuubi had, and by doing so, had spawn these things to life.

Suddenly, part of the wall exploded abruptly, and a bony hand reached in to grab the mighty dragir by the throat, making the many ornaments he carried around his neck to cling in a harmony of beautiful sounds as the hand tried to settle in around his neck.

But Rad had the arm of the attacker defeated before the hand could begin to choke him. He simply swatted it away and the smelly, bony arm fell to the ground beside him, Kyuubi following it.

"Time to go," Rad said, but he had already picked up the young asakian girl bride style and was heading outwards. He would come and deal with these pests during the night.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

As soon as they came out, Rad set Kyuubi on the ground and asked her if she could run.

Kyuubi nodded.

"Go that way," Rad pointed to the south. "Django and the others will be waiting there for you. I will be right behind you."

Kyuubi nodded again and turned to run. Rad saw her until she disappeared, then he brought another of his rings out. He did not know if these skeletons, whatever the hell they were, could get out, so he decided to place a temporary magical seal upon the door. Upon doing so, he smelled something with his nose and then turned upward to see a young looking man glancing at him as he sat among the top of a battered wall and playing with a long knife.

Instinctively, Rad threw a disorientation spell his way just by looking at him, but the young lad laughed at him and dropped down to stand face to face with him, sheathing the knife as he fell.

"Your ancient magic works not against me, king Rad."

Rad gulped hard. This boy knew his name!

"At ease, my king," the young lad quickly said, when he noticed Rad going for one of his necklaces. "I am not an enemy. I am Luxord of house Ophillium."

The name Ophillium brought back painful memories. House Ophillium had been one of many noble dragon houses that had gotten obliterated by Xicotencatl and the humans centuries ago.

"How--," Rad stammered, unable to understand.

"I managed to survive like you did, my king," Luxord stated, and smiled at his king. To the man dragon who would always be his king, his ruler, his leader.

"But you have no amulet like I do that would keep you alive. How did you survive?" Rad approached him and indeed, he knew that the boy was a dragon when he saw the diamond shaped orbs he had for eyes. Of course, Luxord had afforded him the view of his orbs, just to assure him that he indeed was of his kin.

"Xicotencatl made us slaves and servants for his realm. By the power of Aegiil, he was able to craft amulets for us as well, amulets that would give us long lasting life but also let him know where we were at all times."

Rad's hand went to his neck, but Luxord simply smiled and said. "They do know I am here, but they do not know who I am with. I am on a mission, you see?"

"A mission?" Rad asked him, glancing beyond him, for he feared that Django and company would come looking for him.

"I work for Xicotencatl, of course. I was sent among with many others of our kin to spy on Yvia and Asaki. It seems that Xicotencatl will claim all the realms under his power soon."

"It is not safe to speak here. I am with several humans, you know."

"I know of them," Luxord nodded. "Can you meet with me later tonight?"

Rad pondered about the situation. How could he know that Luxord was not setting him up for a trap? Had Xicotencatl finally discovered that Rad had not died but had also come to the human realm and now was about to catch him?

"Fine," Rad finally said, unafraid of what could happen if indeed it came to being a trap. He believed he was ready for anything. He had not practiced many fighting and fleeing routines for nothing. Besides, if Xicotencatl had known of his existance, Rad would of had gotten caught already, for he had travelled to the four realms many times and still was free. If Xicotencatl knew of his status, he would of had not wasted a second in seeing him dead for sure.

"Where do you want to meet at?" Luxord eyed his king. The young dragon was taller than the king, and he was dressed in total black outfit. Rad noticed that Luxord carried many knives strapped around his waist and torso. And he also carried a sword.

"We do it here," Rad told him, thinking that he could use his help to cleanse the ruins below of whatever had awaken within them.

"Until later, then," Luxord said and jumped up to his sitting place. He waved him off as he added. "And be at ease, king Radamanthys Quetz. Nobody will know of your existence."

Rad nodded and ran out back to the entrance of the ruined walls of the fortress. Trembling because he did not believe yet what had just happened, the dragon king made his arrival back to where the clique awaited. Another dragon he had met!

He closed his eyes as he approached his beloved Django and hoped that this new dragon was indeed a friend and not a traitor. Notion that set him back on his heels when he realized that in truth Luxord was working for Nataku. How deep was his loyalty for him, the ex-dragon king wondered.

"You look pale," Rhea noticed. "Are you okay?"

Rad glanced at her and nodded. "I am fine. We shall head back to the village. Nightfall is coming and the forest gets dangerous every passing second."

"That is true," Yumekui said and started off, taking care not to bump Rad as she went bye.

"I wouldn't want to meet a pack of rabid ghouls," Silvy said, another of the asakians that had been there. Short in stature but beautiful as were all asakians, Silvy followed Yumekui.

Rad knelt beside Kyuubi and asked her. "You can walk alright?"

"It hurts still," she lied, but only because she wanted Rad to carry her home. She enjoyed the man's company, for the little girl saw him as a brother. Nay, more like a father.

"I'll carry her, then," Rad told Django, who nodded. Rad picked up the little girl and off they went, with Django wondering what had happened down in the ruins, for Kyuubi had confessed that that is where she had gone to.

What had made Rad pale? Django had also noticed that, though she had said nothing.

--End of chapter--

Edited by Quetzalcoatl