any opinions? i would look at tags to start..

i personally really like how they break the 4th wall with the dialogue of course to open; but then i start imagining conversations between my Tactician and the ArchSage himself. i often wonder if they planned it this way

currently on the chapter where we recruit Wallace and i had to look him up. didnt want to spoil myself (will most likely read the support conversations,) but was surprised to learn about how involved he was in House Caelin's introductory story to the strife within the Lycian League: racist undertones? country bumpkin vs city slicker? who's hot vs who's not in a game of pick my units anyway?

rightfully so, these are my emotional opinions on the choices Wallace makes..i confess i do not pick him up as a unit: but his timing is impeccable as always. some of these soldiers serve with the utmost distinction in deployment strategies we are simply thrown into, and have no reason to solve. so we rescue & recruit him in the chapters he introduces himself, of course, but we also want to know a bit more about this, IMHO, Wallace / Oswin archetype (an old man who still serves) - influenced by this post i once wrote

i realize i'm assuming a lot here, but what if FE7 is the "choose your own Lord" archetype game. we all get excited upon Lord (units that are normally chosen for us) promotion, correct?

Lord Eliwood receives a Lance & a Horse upon promoting..in my opinion, a reflection and a throwback to one of the strongest (main) Lords in the series: Sigurd from FE4. although they both chose to ride out in different ways, both results ended in war: one as a Rescue mission, the other as a Search party. Eliwood's "farm" after the game? i do not know yet, but hints have been given in certain ways already

Wallace's "farm"? he leaves it to go BACK to war. and he remembers his promotional medal this time..but why? i think its the retirement Lord Hausen of Caelin would promise to those in service to their realm under war (should Lycia have gone to war with Sacae over the "elopement" of a Caelin Princess?)

on the subject of elopement, my assumption is that Lord Hausen replied "this must mean she loves horses, so lets send some horses after her." knight commander vs sussy baka commander, right? another game of pick my units, but of course, on a micro scale. "we must protect my only kin" "your brother's too old" "you're the rightful heir (or is it..YOUR rightful heir) tee-hee~" all his confidants say, right

so the main question here concerning this war within the Lycian League, is why do these men such as Wallace / Oswin never receive the Lord's promotion we always want for them? i believe Wallace's impeccable timing of promotion & recruitment within the tutorial is this promotion we always wanted for one of the regulars. therefore, Lord Hausen's never-ending mission for Wallace, from what i know of him: "i know you're here for the girl. im here for the cadre" as a soldier would or is it "im here for the princess. i've always been here for the princess. so say we all" as a prince would

10 hours ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

Lord Eliwood receives a Lance & a Horse upon promoting..in my opinion, a reflection and a throwback to one of the strongest (main) Lords in the series: Sigurd from FE4. although they both chose to ride out in different ways, both results ended in war: one as a Rescue mission, the other as a Search party. 

I think I only understood like ten percent of all that, but I can say with some confidence that the meta textual reason Eliwood got a horse and lance on promotion is because that's what he had in Binding Blade.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I think I only understood like ten percent of all that, but I can say with some confidence that the meta textual reason Eliwood got a horse and lance on promotion is because that's what he had in Binding Blade.

i apologize for the incoherent, possibly long rant; thank you for reading

tl;dr - in a game where the war is never ending, why does the warrior wallace not just enjoy his promotion after his demotion? i must confess, i read the wiki on wallace