Ephraim solo!!!

plus, i couldn't use ephraim for quite some time.

...do you have a problem with that or something?

edit: also, what are ephraim's average stats at 14/0?

Edited by SunMoonSky

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use some characters just to clean up reinforcements. if i didn't, it would take far too long.

That's just stupid. That's not a solo. You're doing easy mode. It's PATHETICALLY easy.

On my Lute solo on hard mode (I'm sure you saw the thread) I had no troubles at all. It was very easy.

i use some characters just to clean up reinforcements. if i didn't, it would take far too long.

Besides, if you're soloing with Ephraim, wouldn't the reinforcements just run straight to him? Hint: Bring nobody else into the map!

what about the last chapter? i'm forced to bring eirika there... whatever, at least she's a good character.

edit: good point, they would just go strait for him...

Edited by SunMoonSky

dude wtf? this isn't even remotely a friggin solo...

the whole point of a solo is that you aren't using ANY other characters, that means you can't support, and then use that as a justification to level that person up, and then say you need an axe user.

these are supposed to be the added difficulties of a solo, otherwise its just playing a regular playthrough with a few less players.

and DH, wtf are you talking about? ephraim will get level ups later in the game... he cant even promote until you retake renais IIRC

Who asked you, anyways? I certainly didn't.

Excuse me? It doesn't matter if anyone "asked" him or not. He's just as entitled to share his opinion as anyone else. There's no reason to get so damn snippy.

I think we've clearly established that it isn't a pure solo. Even the topic descriptions says as much. He probably should have called it the "Ephraim and friends challenge", but that doesn't matter. Let's try to get some relevant discussion going instead of picking apart the kid's poor choice of words.

I can give you pointers on how to do a proper solo, since I've done some soloes before, most notably Boyd solo-ing POR hard mode in ~7 hours.

-I'm sure this has been said already but it's very important that Ephraim gets quality level-ups since he'll be stuck at lv 20 for a long time. You probably won't have to stress too much about this because of Ephraim's growths, the difficulty of the game and the existence of stat boosters.

-Buy nothing but javelins. It is vital to have 1-2 range as much as possible in a solo since 95% of your killing will happen on enemy phase.

-In some cases, you want to control the amount of enemy phase attacks Ephraim will face such as to minimize his chances of dying. This is just a matter of learning spacing.

-You might want to save your Reignleif for bosses.

-Get the swift sole in the desert chapter, as the extra mobility will be helpful.

I think that's about it. For now it seems you're best off just enjoying the game normally, so I wouldn't heavily encourage self-imposed restrictions until you become more experienced with the game.

hmmm... the javelins idea is good... But what about, say, the short spear you get in chapter 11? should i use that?

Yeah, i'm definitly giving Ephraim the swiftsoles... but what about the Metis's Tome? he should get that too, right?

Also, what about eirika on the final chapter? she's obviously an excellent unit (shut up, destiny zero!) ,but what should I do about training her? tower abuse till lvl 20, complete chapter 16, and tower abuse again? or should try the much more difficult (yet far more satisfying to beat 1 floor there then the whole tower) ruins after promotion, maybe at lv 5 great lord?

But, if you're going to recruit characters that require other characters than Ephraim, would it still be a solo?

EX: Chapter where you get Ewan and use him to get Marisa, and stuff.

You don't need swordsmen in order to get rid of axemen. Gil will definitely struggle against them, but he could probably finish them off with some selective placement.

You don't need swordsmen in order to get rid of axemen. Gil will definitely struggle against them, but he could probably finish them off with some selective placement.

AKA Fort. It's all manageable[sic] as Gilliam comes in a good level.