About Lilina

Mekkah

Before anymore topics get derailed about Lilina vs anything or Lilina vs Lugh, I thought I'd start a new one. I'd like to keep it rational though, no need for flaming. The statement I'd like to make is that Lilina sucks on HM ranked, not that she's completely unusable (no one is).

The problem with Lilina is that she joins in Ch8 at L1. She does a max of like 7-8 damage to anything, and only Archers don't one-round her (with 16 HP/2 Def, pretty much the only things that don't kill you in one hit are Mercs, and those obviously double her atrocious 4 AS). So we're looking at someone who has to be perm-shielded from every attack ever, and is like 4-5HKOing enemies.

Her Mag goes up as her level does, but her AS hardly does, and she never doubles reliably. The team is like 9 levels ahead of her. While she gains more EXP per kill or weakening than they do, she also cannot fight on enemy phase, and in order to do anything, she requires a lot of beneficial treatment to her side (shielding, setting up kills for her). We can't assume such treatment is happening to fairly compare Lilina to other units like Lugh, unless they are receiving this treatment as well. Otherwise it'd be like comparing Lot with 2 Speedwings to Alan without, or something. But instead of assuming everyone gets a bunch of treatment, I'll just assume Lilina has to stand on her own two legs and is therefore going to stay underleveled by quite a bit.

As the game goes on, she doubles some Knights and Mamkutes and all, but pretty much little else. She has to wait for 16x to promote, since promo items are scarce and everyone and their mom wants a Guiding Ring (there's two of them before this, and there's Lugh, Ellen, Saul, Clarine, perhaps even Ray who want one). Her defensive parameters stay rock bottom - her Avo becomes okay, but never reliable (bleh Spd + okay luck + 15 avo from A Gonzales/C Roy = bleh), she still gets 2HKOed by everything, still gets doubled by fast stuff such as Myrmidons, etc.

More of a hinder than a help to me.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never bothered to use Lilina. Not even for the novelty of having Hector's daughter around. She is kind of cute in a little girl sort of way, I guess.

I find she is pretty awful early game, but the best sage late-game. I used both Lugh and Lilina last PT.

Lugh was doing great in the first chapters, taking out hordes of enemies and DA'ing everybody. His magic and resistence however are sub-par for a mage. Res is important in this game because of all the enemy stave users, and his magic, while fine for most units, wasn't doing much against the tougher bosses. Lilina however, eventually gained enough magic to kill without DA'ing, and was dealing huge damage to the late-game bosses.

Against Zephial, Lugh did a paltry 9 damage, while Lilina did 22, with a 15 crit rate from Roy support. Lilina made my final team, and Lugh didn't. Though Lugh is probably better for longer, Lilina is a massive boon lategame.

UMMMM Guys? <_<

Does it really mean a thing at all? This person obviously either h4x or RNG Abused. And even if he were that lucky Personal Experience means nothing.

And yes Lilina sucks.

I liked using her in my first run, but I must admit she's pretty bad as a unit. Her massive magic is good with staves, though.

Despite her h4x Mag she can't hit or kill anyone. She can only kill like Armour units but that's it.

Edited by Namie Amuro

Lilina: Boss Slay- oh, wait, she missed!

Anima is really accurate, so skill isn't that much of a problem.

The main thing that kills her is speed.

Edited by Julius

Lugh: Wyvern/Common enemy (that your physical units have trouble with) Slayer

Lilina: Mamkute/slow/Rare enemy slayer.

Which ones are stronger?

Mamkutes are stronger but they're rare until chapter 24 and there's better ways to dealing with them than getting a unit that needs babying to the appropriate level.

Lugh often gets good speed and decent luck resulting in good avoid. Give him Aircaliburs, position him somewhere to add avoid and he'll often be a Sety in C21 and other chapters with lots of Wyverns. Oh and he can take a hit and dodge lots of em!

Overkill STR on a slow unit = Good if she/he is packing good durability.

Overkill MAG on a slow unit = FREAKING BAD SINCE MAGES HAVE CRAPTASTIC DURABILITY!

Edited by Boo

I've tried Lilina in a rank run but she pisses all over it.

I use Lillina in all my ranked runs. ^_^

Though she's mediocre, I really do think Lillina is underrated. She does aid EXP well and is alright after promotion. One-rounding Dragon Masters is pretty decent. ^_^

Hm. If people are complaining about her speed so much, then why'd my endgame Lilina have such high speed? On my run, she was hitting everything in sight at least twice, and it eventually got to the point where I actually had to put her in the back of my formation because she was too good a unit. Then again, I had a great Geese on that run, so maybe I just got lucky.

Besides, Lilina isn't too hard to baby if you're careful. And I'd think that babying her would be good for your Experience ranking since you're maximizing the amount of experience earned by the people. And also, Roy/Lilina support is one of the fastest supports in the game, and it gives pretty good bonuses as well.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Hm. If people are complaining about her speed so much, then why'd my endgame Lilina have such high speed? On my run, she was hitting everything in sight at least twice, and it eventually got to the point where I actually had to put her in the back of my formation because she was too good a unit. Then again, I had a great Geese on that run, so maybe I just got lucky.

Besides, Lilina isn't too hard to baby if you're careful. And I'd think that babying her would be good for your Experience ranking since you're maximizing the amount of experience earned by the people. And also, Roy/Lilina support is one of the fastest supports in the game, and it gives pretty good bonuses as well.

You got lucky

Experience rank here is much easier. Roy/Lilina support sucks. By the time you get Lilina, you could make B(or A) Alan and B (or A) Lance by then and it's much better.

Mamkutes are stronger but they're rare until chapter 24 and there's better ways to dealing with them than getting a unit that needs babying to the appropriate level.

Lugh often gets good speed and decent luck resulting in good avoid. Give him Aircaliburs, position him somewhere to add avoid and he'll often be a Sety in C21 and other chapters with lots of Wyverns. Oh and he can take a hit and dodge lots of em!

Overkill STR on a slow unit = Good if she/he is packing good durability.

Overkill MAG on a slow unit = FREAKING BAD SINCE MAGES HAVE CRAPTASTIC DURABILITY!

You haven't seen my Lilina, have you?

From Gfaqs:

zeldafreak007

Posted 12/12/2008 7:01:27 AM

message detail Goddammit.

Lilina: 20/20

HP: 41

MAG: 30*

SKL: 22

SPD: 25*

LUK: 30*

DEF: 13

RES: 25*

Lugh: 20/20 *Cries*

HP: 37

MAG: 18 WTF

SKL: 23

SPD: 24

LUK: 17

DEF: 10

RES: 21

Hugh: 20/20

HP: 49

MAG: 22

SKL: 20

SPD: 22

LUCK: 18

DEF: 17

Now you guys see?

---

Lyn, meanwhile, should have been able to use the bow of crapitude from the land of the grass rats. ~Lu Aza

I use Lillina in all my ranked runs. ^_^

Though she's mediocre, I really do think Lillina is underrated. She does aid EXP well and is alright after promotion. One-rounding Dragon Masters is pretty decent. ^_^

I agree. Not to mention she is simple the best healer in the game. ^_^

She is pretty nice to have around when you need someone to deal huge damage.

From Gfaqs:

zeldafreak007

Posted 12/12/2008 7:01:27 AM

message detail Goddammit.

Lilina: 20/20

HP: 41

MAG: 30*

SKL: 22

SPD: 25*

LUK: 30*

DEF: 13

RES: 25*

Lugh: 20/20 *Cries*

HP: 37

MAG: 18 WTF

SKL: 23

SPD: 24

LUK: 17

Hugh: 20/20

HP: 49

MAG: 22

SKL: 20

SPD: 22

LUCK: 18

DEF: 17

Now you guys see?

---

Lyn, meanwhile, should have been able to use the bow of crapitude from the land of the grass rats. ~Lu Aza

Er, but this is your personal experience. Not everyone is as lucky as you.

You got lucky

Experience rank here is much easier. Roy/Lilina support sucks. By the time you get Lilina, you could make B(or A) Alan and B (or A) Lance by then and it's much better.

Strange. My Lilina only had around 22 speed, and yet she was still one of my best units since she dodged a lot of stuff. I guess the RNG favored higher numbers in my playthrough, then...

And besides, she makes an amazing endgame healer as she can heal people to full health with a heal staff, and I'd imagine she'd cover a huge area with offensive stats if you worked on that staff level.

Anima is really accurate, so skill isn't that much of a problem.

The main thing that kills her is speed.

Anima has good accuracy, but bosses usually sit on gates or thrones which give a hefty boost to avoid. I could see Lilina having a hard time hitting a boss.

Strange. My Lilina only had around 22 speed, and yet she was still one of my best units since she dodged a lot of stuff. I guess the RNG favored higher numbers in my playthrough, then...

And besides, she makes an amazing endgame healer as she can heal people to full health with a heal staff, and I'd imagine she'd cover a huge area with offensive stats if you worked on that staff level.

Too bad that staff level won't increase significantly unless you use her as the Arena Abuse healer. I have Lugh promote and use heal staff sometime before Chapter 13 and he has trouble reaching a D on staves.

Too bad that staff level won't increase significantly unless you use her as the Arena Abuse healer. I have Lugh promote and use heal staff sometime before Chapter 13 and he has trouble reaching a D on staves.

But even with Live/Heal, Lilina can heals decently. That 30 MGC of her is overkill for healing you know.

Unless you are thinking to use her as STAFF user instead (like for Sleep/Silence/etc.).

But even with Live/Heal, Lilina can heals decently. That 30 MGC of her is overkill for healing you know.

Unless you are thinking to use her as STAFF user instead (like for Sleep/Silence/etc.).

I'm aware. The staff rank comment was just in response to his "and I'd imagine she'd cover a huge area with offensive stats if you worked on that staff level." comment. Of course she's healing a lot with a heal staff I know, but I've yet to find such healing necessary when I've got Physic staff uses and Lugh's healing decent enough as is.

From Gfaqs:

*Insert Gfaqs post here*

Lucky with Lilina and unlucky with Lugh is all that tells me... Now let me show you a Lilina I've had:

20/12

HP: 29

MAG: 27 (big whoop)

SKL: 15

SPD: 12

DEF: 5

RES: 22

LCK: 20

and now let me show a Lugh I've had of the same level:

20/12

HP: 44 (+7 from robes)

MAG: 20 (which is average)

SKL: 25

SPD: 25

RES: 14

LCK: 19

That's the thing about personal experience... you could say some1's awesome but then some1 else could come up and have opposite results so how do you win an argument through such a thing? You can't.

Edited by Boo